Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Around the NFL week 14

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Around the NFL week 14

Big completion to Willis Snead by Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Around the NFL week 14

There’s no reason the Steelers shouldn’t be able to beat the Chiefs by multiple scores...other than their coaching staff...kinda big reason though...lol.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Texans lose, Pats lose...

If the Steeles don’t take advantage, Tomlin should be eliminated...
    Agreed. If they lose to the worst team in the league, the only coach on the staff who should be retained is Munchak.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

New England must be terribly coached.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Ravens had their chance when they were up by a TD and didn't stay aggressive. That's the way it goes.

Big hold on the Ravens and a big sack by Houston and it’s third and long for the Ravens. Jackson not getting up...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Bout time New England experienced some bad luck, LOLOL. Still get a 12-4 regular season

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

CHIEFS WIN!!!!!

Now we need a Steelers win to make the AFC day perfect!

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

The whole AFC (minus KC) just took a step back towards the Steelers. Better take advantage of it.

Glad the rats lost

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I’m dejected, but Ravens played a better game than most gave them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I feel for you Crow. You guys had a good game plan. That 4th down play wouldn't driven me nuts too.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    No I don't think so. Occasionally a good team drops a divisional game . More often bad coached teams lose to every loser that comes along

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Around the NFL week 14

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Putting Gronk out there at safety? Yeah...terrible coaching decision...the guy can barely move laterally...let alone try to tackle someone...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Ravens are the best team in the AFC North.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Ravens are the best team in the AFC North.
    Its funny, I actually hate them a little less with Lamar Jackson. I watched that whole game and their D is night and day better than ours, I could see them beating Pats or Chiefs but only if they don't fall behind. Running game is so solid but when teams know Lamar throwing they have slim and none chance. I see them losing the Chargers so basically Steelers need one upset out of Pats and Saints to win division. I would put my money on Ravens to win division at this point, but will be pleasantly surprised with Steelers win. Problem is I don't see any possibility this secondary could get to SB against Brady, Rivers or Mahomes.

Steelers won’t beat the Bengals at this point. Bengals have nothing to lose and the Steelers will be fighting to make the playoffs...lol. It’s a recipe for another disaster...I’d be willing to bet that JuJu or AB come out of that game with and ACL injury as well.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I love watching some good defense. Rams bears Ravens best three in the league. Been ten years since Steelers fielded a defense

Merry Christmas

Actual tackling, by like the first defender. Amazing

Merry Christmas

Rams held to 6 points against the Bears. An actual defense with real defensive coaches. Not to mention actual running on offense (as opposed to completely abandoning it at the first sign of trouble)

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I love watching some good defense. Rams bears Ravens best three in the league. Been ten years since Steelers fielded a defense

Rams are not even close to being a top defense in the league. Cowboys are a top defense, Titans are really good defensively too. Rams D is Aaron Donald making plays but the D surrendering a ton of points as well

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post

Seems like that long ago but the collapse began in 2012 when the Steelers missed the playoffs and Troy’s decline accelerated. First in points/second in yards allowed in 2010 & first in points and yards allowed in 2011

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../pit/index.htm

But I digress - agree with you that after watching the Ravens and Bears go after 2 of the best offenses in the league yesterday it is enjoyable to see defense can still be played at a high level under the current rules

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Seems like that long ago but the collapse began in 2012 when the Steelers missed the playoffs and Troy’s decline accelerated. First in points/second in yards allowed in 2010 & first in points and yards allowed in 2011

But I digress - agree with you that after watching the Ravens and Bears go after 2 of the best offenses in the league yesterday it is enjoyable to see defense can still be played at a high level under the current rules

Since 2008 (2008 steelers), the 2011 steelers actually have the lowest scoring defense in that frame. And since 2002 (2002 Bucs), they have the 2nd lowest scoring defense of that time frame. Also that 2011 team carried the steelers bottom half scoring offense to numerous low scoring wins. (of course people think that D was bad for some reason based of the wildcard game that year)

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

IMO, 2010 and '11 were a mirage. The only reason the Packers didn't drop 50+ points on them in SB XLV was because of several fortunate drops (for the Steelers) by wide open receivers. And then there was the Tebow wildcard game...

I have to agree with NC here - 2008 was the last year the Steelers fielded anything close to a dominant defense and even they got exposed in the 4th quarter of SB XLIII.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I guess we're all at the point where we need to begin picking our adopted teams for the playoffs...........

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I guess we're all at the point where we need to begin picking our adopted teams for the playoffs...........
    yep, I was just thinking while eating breakfast I'll be rooting for Chiefs, Texans or Rams , Bears.But with a couple of wins by Steelers I may become optimistic again. Right now I've conceded to myself Ravens probably win division.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I have three
    1. The Pats opponents
    2. The Ravens opponents
    3. Meteor if the Pats and Ravens play

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Chargers (I have a preseason wager on them) and Chiefs + anyone playing Pats or Ravens in AFC. If nothing else please spare me a Pats-Ravens AFC championship game.

Bears in NFC

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I have three
    1. The Pats opponents
    2. The Ravens opponents
    3. Meteor if the Pats and Ravens play
    Pretty much this.

Vikings coaching is terrible. If they take the easy three instead of going on forth then they are in position to tie. Wasted effort

Merry Christmas