Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARTICLEKozora: Tomlin Offers Lame Excuses For Steelers Bad Matchups

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: ARTICLEKozora: Tomlin Offers Lame Excuses For Steelers Bad Matchups

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I certainly agree - just passing along the party line

Hoping the pass rush will not give Rivers time to find the Chargers best receiver running free against a LB in coverage is a prayer, not a coverage scheme

I wasn't responding to you personally Dan. I was commenting on the link you posted and what I thought of it.

I understand that there is a lot to know when you play a hybrid position, but I just wish they wouldn't insult our intelligence and hide their own anxieties about playing inexperienced players or making excuses for not taking a chance to try to fix an issue.

It sounds like someone was living in their fears.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I wasn't responding to you personally Dan. I was commenting on the link you posted and what I thought of it.

I understand that there is a lot to know when you play a hybrid position, but I just wish they wouldn't insult our intelligence and hide their own anxieties about playing inexperienced players or making excuses for not taking a chance to try to fix an issue.

It sounds like someone was living in their fears.
    It's really not much different than when rookies were routinely rotting on the bench for 3 seasons (or longer) because "young players just couldn't grasp the 'mad scientist' defense" of LeBeau, though, is it?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I saw somewhere that he was out last week to attend to a serious personal situation that the team decided to not release details of. Also think he is back in the fold this week and the player and team are not at odds or anything.

Not sure if this addresses your comment or not.
    One thing about Tomlin: practice means something to him.

You practice; you play.
    You don’t practice; you don’t play.

It says something to a player who busts his ass in practice: you have a chance to play (and move up the depth chart). As Bear Bryant once said: “Practice does not make perfect... perfect practice makes perfect.”

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Can we learn something from the Ravens defensive scheme? They seem to be doing ok today.