Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 14: Oakland Raiders

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Week 14: Oakland Raiders

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Fuck it I'm officially giving up on the season. Travel or not if you lose to Oakland you suck.

Don't even talk playoffs, there won't be any

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I have never seen anything like the run of poor luck and bizarre decisions that has been the last 3 weeks. Never seen a team so snake-bitten.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

F*** BOSWELL

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

So why did Ben not play the 3rd quarter

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Then we remember all the shitty Raider teams of the past who looked like world champions against the Steelers, especially in Oakland. Terrelle Pryor scampers for a 90-yard TD in 2013, Raiders secondary picks Ben 4 times in 2006, Raiders comeback in 2012...

I have seen nothing to indicate Sunday will be any different. This is the same Tomlin-coached inconsistent Steelers team who finds ways to lose and falters to inferior competition, and the Raiders are terrible, the absolute prime moment for that season-destroying upset.

The Raiders should be A-OK Sunday.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I say this every time we play. I don't think you have much to worry about. The Raiders are horrible. The defense is non existent. We have no WR's to catch the ball, so Carr is irrelevant.... he checks down 90% of the time. Most of the players are 3rd string/practice squad guys. You should win this game with no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'm not so sure about that, the Steelers with all the talent they have can't play and can't coach 60 minutes of football. Plus Ben really sucks in Oakland.

See same old story. No matter how bad you think the Raiders are, they will always beat the Steelers. But if we just add a player here or there, Win Now, It’s a small window, LMAO!

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Ben now 0-4 in Oakland.

At least the Raidahs are gonna move. So we don't have to play there again.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Ben now 0-4 in Oakland.

that won’t matter, just like the Pats we lose at home or in NE, makes no difference.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Ben now 0-4 in Oakland.

Ben won’t be around the next time they play the Raiders in the regular season...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I have never seen anything like the run of poor luck and bizarre decisions that has been the last 3 weeks. Never seen a team so snake-bitten.
    The Browns.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Anybody see Ben retiring if this season goes down the drain

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    Considering that he finally has an OL in front of him that can pass block and a plethora of weapons he can throw to, no.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

He has 12 million reasons in salary and another 5 million in roster bonus to come back

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsbur...isberger-3595/

I expect a contract extension past 2019 and that Ben plays 3 more seasons after this one

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    He has 12 million reasons in salary and another 5 million in roster bonus to come back

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsbur...isberger-3595/

I expect a contract extension past 2019 and that Ben plays 3 more seasons after this one
    That's the plan, it's not like he doesn't have plenty of money. The way this season is working out it would not surprise me if he hangs it up.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

That's the plan, it's not like he doesn't have plenty of money. The way this season is working out it would not surprise me if he hangs it up.
    If he was still getting beaten up every game I would say yeah (despite the money), but I think he comes back for at least one more season.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

I got him pegged for this one +2. He may sign a new 3 year deal that he gets most of his money in the first 2 and walks after the 2020 season. If they think Mason Rudolph is the heir apparent, then 2021 would be his year to start before he becomes a free agent in 2022. 2019 is Ben's last year of his current deal and the cap hit is relatively small for a QB.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Ben is not going to want to go out on a sour note like that...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Considering that he finally has an OL in front of him that can pass block and a plethora of weapons he can throw to, no.
    Add to that Haley is gone and Fichtner is who he wants so I don't see Ben retiring anytime soon

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

From Peter King's FMIA column this morning

Goat of the Week
    The turf, Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. Steelers kicker Chris Boswell lined up for an overtime-forcing 40-yard field goal with five seconds left at Oakland. He took his normal run-up to the ball, planted his left foot … and the foot slid like it was on ice on the loose turf of the Coliseum. All’s fair in love and natural grass, but the NFL has played with fire with this surface for years, and maybe Boswell should have accounted for it, but the condition of the grass should not be a major factor in determining the outcome of an NFL game with playoff implications.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...14-peter-king/

The turf at Heinz was a mess for years until it finally got fixed. But unlike the Pittsburgh stadium authority that has a long term tenant, since the Raiders are bailing on Oakland the municipal owners of the stadium have no incentive to fix anything.

Since they play on it most often Raiders better hope nobody blows out a knee before they escape to Vegas.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Hey guys & gals. I don't know what to say. You know you should have kicked our ass, and I know it too. I don't know what the deal is with the Steelers and playing in Oakland.

I didn't get to see the game. I've seen highlights, but that's it. I really hope this doesn't ruin your season..... the win did nothing for the Raiders except drop us another draft spot. I'm not happy about that! Winning does us no good at this point.

Anyway... keep your chin up and win the rest!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Hey guys & gals. I don't know what to say. You know you should have kicked our ass, and I know it too. I don't know what the deal is with the Steelers and playing in Oakland.

I didn't get to see the game. I've seen highlights, but that's it. I really hope this doesn't ruin your season..... the win did nothing for the Raiders except drop us another draft spot. I'm not happy about that! Winning does us no good at this point.

Knowing this Steelers team, they'll win against either NE or the Saints just enough to give us hope, only to lose against the Bengals in the most head-scratching fashion and be eliminated from playoff contention. Yeah that's what it's like to be a Steeler fan.

Sorry about that #1 pick, but don't you guys have it still since the head to head game vs the 49ers? Though there still is the Cardinals Though you guys probably aren't going after QB since I don't think Carr is bad when he has a supporting cast.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    The Browns.

Gulp.....I think their future is on the upswing.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Though you guys probably aren't going after QB since I don't think Carr is bad when he has a supporting cast.
    Carr isn't bad, he just plays like a little girl sometimes. I was hoping to get Bosa, but it isn't looking promising.

On a good note..... Reggie is gone at the end of the season! Bruce Allen is coming back to handle the talent end of things.... at least that's the rumor.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Carr isn't bad, he just plays like a little girl sometimes. I was hoping to get Bosa, but it isn't looking promising.

On a good note..... Reggie is gone at the end of the season! Bruce Allen is coming back to handle the talent end of things.... at least that's the rumor.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

Thanks, S&B. Congrats on your win.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Steelers can't win in Oakland. It's just become a fact. If i was a betting man, I would have easily bet for the Raiders. The last time the Steelers won at Oakland was 1995. Even the games at Pittsburgh are close.
    Oakland had so many penalites that they were helping the Steelers and Pittsburgh couldn't finish.

Congrats on the win.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Who is laughing now...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Member Array title="SteelerFan091472 will become famous soon enough">

NSFW