Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 14: Oakland Raiders

Hybrid View

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 14: Oakland Raiders

In typical Tomlin Steelers fashion, The Steelers have blown two very winnable games against two beatable opponents. Because of that, the playoffs have officially started this week. The Steelers have to essentially win out a brutal stretch to even have a chance. Starting with a tough opponent in Oakland. It doesn't make a lick of difference, Oakland is just like Denver. Nothing ever seem to go well for the Steelers there.

Oakland has been Ben's kryptonite. He has never played well or won there (0-3). Derek Carr can throw the ball well and can exploit the Defense.

We know this team can play, but the real question is whether or not this team can be trusted to not shoot itself in the foot to lose.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 14: Oakland Raiders

We all know they will find a way to lose and make some scrubs look like pro bowlers. Ben throws interception after interception while Carr and Bryant to make things worse have field days. Silver and Black should enjoy this one

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Tomlin is a better leader than he is a coach. The only chance they have of making it to the Super Bowl is if it's do or die every week. They are just about there... 8-4-1 after Sunday, then take out the Pats at home.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I say this every time we play. I don't think you have much to worry about. The Raiders are horrible. The defense is non existent. We have no WR's to catch the ball, so Carr is irrelevant.... he checks down 90% of the time. Most of the players are 3rd string/practice squad guys. You should win this game with no problem.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I say this every time we play. I don't think you have much to worry about. The Raiders are horrible. The defense is non existent. We have no WR's to catch the ball, so Carr is irrelevant.... he checks down 90% of the time. Most of the players are 3rd string/practice squad guys. You should win this game with no problem.
    I'm not so sure about that, the Steelers with all the talent they have can't play and can't coach 60 minutes of football. Plus Ben really sucks in Oakland.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'm not so sure about that, the Steelers with all the talent they have can't play and can't coach 60 minutes of football. Plus Ben really sucks in Oakland.

See same old story. No matter how bad you think the Raiders are, they will always beat the Steelers. But if we just add a player here or there, Win Now, It’s a small window, LMAO!

I'm sure you though the same thing numerous times over the past dozen years. This is a prime opportunity for the Steelers to play down and lay an egg

Then we remember all the shitty Raider teams of the past who looked like world champions against the Steelers, especially in Oakland. Terrelle Pryor scampers for a 90-yard TD in 2013, Raiders secondary picks Ben 4 times in 2006, Raiders comeback in 2012...

I have seen nothing to indicate Sunday will be any different. This is the same Tomlin-coached inconsistent Steelers team who finds ways to lose and falters to inferior competition, and the Raiders are terrible, the absolute prime moment for that season-destroying upset.

The Raiders should be A-OK Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Then we remember all the shitty Raider teams of the past who looked like world champions against the Steelers, especially in Oakland. Terrelle Pryor scampers for a 90-yard TD in 2013, Raiders secondary picks Ben 4 times in 2006, Raiders comeback in 2012...

I have seen nothing to indicate Sunday will be any different. This is the same Tomlin-coached inconsistent Steelers team who finds ways to lose and falters to inferior competition, and the Raiders are terrible, the absolute prime moment for that season-destroying upset.

The Raiders should be A-OK Sunday.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Ben will throw 3 INT's, 2 will be pick 6 and the Raiders will have 200 yards rushing. JuJu will be called out on the radio show for not catching the pick 6's.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Ben will throw 3 INT's, 2 will be pick 6 and the Raiders will have 200 yards rushing. JuJu will be called out on the radio show for not catching the pick 6's.
    Yeah, the whole radio thing isn't getting played or old at all...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yeah, the whole radio thing isn't getting played or old at all...
    Never gets old, its a weekly radio show. Only way it gets old is when the ratings are bad.

Steelers outgain the Raiders 527-334 and lose

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Steelers open as 11&1/2 point favorites with 51&1/2 over/under

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Raiders getting the points looks like the smart move

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Steelers open as 11&1/2 point favorites with 51&1/2 over/under

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Raiders getting the points looks like the smart move
    And that's probably what most fans thank as well after the last few games, but as soon as the money is called in, this will be the game they cover. /because Steelers

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    And that's probably what most fans thank as well after the last few games, but as soon as the money is called in, this will be the game they cover. /because Steelers
    Agreed!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Raiders game will have that Jerome Bettis Chicago Bears feel to it on Sunday and “The Run” will begin!!!
    That's the spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I think it’s going to be a big game for Washington. Ben has not taken a practice off this week and has been working hard with Washington getting routes and timing down. Hopefully getting his confidence up. Unfortunately I think Ben has a wicked cold. Well, nothing like good California air to take care of that.
    Cold and flu season is in full swing in western PA. Hope everyone is healthy for the game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    That's the spirit!
    Every once in a while I get optimistic...lol. It's very rare though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Hmmm..... let's see.... A 4pm game on the west coast against a team that we should easily hammer.... what could possibly go wrong?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Playing the Raiders at Oakland? 7-5-1 here we come

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

At least we’ll be spared Martavis Bryant having a big game and catching the winning TD pass - Raiders put him on IR with a PCL injury that did not heal up

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ra...t-roster-moves

I assume some team will sign him to a vet minimum contract in 2019 and be as disappointed as his two previous teams

Renewed props to Colbert for fleecing Gruden for the third round pick

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him back in a very team friendly deal.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him back in a very team friendly deal.
    I wouldn’t want him back under any circumstances.

Raiders game will have that Jerome Bettis Chicago Bears feel to it on Sunday and “The Run” will begin!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Since Pimply dan was mentioned in the other thread.

Let's do this!!!!

https://imgur.com/lYVjx

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I think it’s going to be a big game for Washington. Ben has not taken a practice off this week and has been working hard with Washington getting routes and timing down. Hopefully getting his confidence up. Unfortunately I think Ben has a wicked cold. Well, nothing like good California air to take care of that.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

In case I don't get on here tomorrow............... I honestly hope the Steelers beat the shit out of the Raiders. We have already won too many games. I want/we need the #1 draft pick. Please..... take care of business tomorrow. That said, I hope there are no injuries on either side, and nothing happens to jeopardize your season. Nothing matters to the Raiders' season, so.................

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

In case I don't get on here tomorrow............... I honestly hope the Steelers beat the shit out of the Raiders. We have already won too many games. I want/we need the #1 draft pick. Please..... take care of business tomorrow. That said, I hope there are no injuries on either side, and nothing happens to jeopardize your season. Nothing matters to the Raiders' season, so.................
    Well hoping you guys get the 1 pick!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I wish you good luck in your quest for #1!