Thread: What an absolute disgrace

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

What an absolute disgrace

That was an absolutely disgracefully showing. They basically quit on defense. Up 23-7, all the momentum in the world Sunday night and instead of putting them away, they completely fall apart. Heads need to roll, people need to be fire, drastic changes need to be made. Danny Smith and Keith Butler need to be fired immediately. Best case scenario is getting embarrassed on wildcard weekend. This team is a disgrace. This team is the Michigan Wolverines football team of the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: What an absolute disgrace

I hate to use them as an excuse but the officials handed them 14 points.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

The Green bay Packers showed the Steelers what needs to happen to a Head Coach when he cannot get the job done.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I hate to use them as an excuse but the officials handed them 14 points.
    They also handed the Steelers 7 points as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

What an absolute disgrace

If we can’t get one ball to bounce our way in the next few weeks, we won’t even be in the WC, the amount of bad luck we have had in the last 2 weeks is enough for a season

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

The Chargers got all the breaks tonight. Calls and bounces.
    Refs miss the false start on long TD pass.
    Refs miss the block in back on the long punt return.
    Ben floats an easy INT.
    Ben misses a wide open Hunter in the endzone.
    Hayden gets an INT broken up by his own man that falls in the receivers hands for a TD.
    We get a clean hit causing a fumble that was a tick too early, so it's incomplete all the way down in the red zone.
    Kicker misses the last FG and Hayden is just a touch off sides. The Burns ones were blatant.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

One team made adjustments the other did not.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Horrible coaching tonight and the gum chewer needs to go! Should have been gone years ago! Tomlin and Butler sh!t the bed big time as well.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Steelers will still win the division but.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Steelers will still win the division but.
    Are you sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    Yea they will but again but after that ? That is two butts!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    Ravens still have to play the Chiefs and Chargers on the road. If they win those two games they DESERVE to win our division.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    That was an absolutely disgracefully showing. They basically quit on defense. Up 23-7, all the momentum in the world Sunday night and instead of putting them away, they completely fall apart. Heads need to roll, people need to be fire, drastic changes need to be made. Danny Smith and Keith Butler need to be fired immediately. Best case scenario is getting embarrassed on wildcard weekend. This team is a disgrace. This team is the Michigan Wolverines football team of the NFL.
    The problem is Tomlin. If he stays the same result will continue to happen.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I get everyone wants to place blame and get rid of problem then we automatically go to SB and start and Dynasty. I admit after a loss I do the same. But its a loss by one score in last two games to teams that are hot. Don't get me wrong they were effing awful losses, I literally regressed 20 years and wanted to start breaking shit. To the question though, How is Tomlin problem for those 2 losses. Our third best player quits, fourth best injured last year its not like there are all pros waiting at home to fill their spots. Ben is reckless with the ball and our D made zero adjustments to Allen on LB's all second half. Not to mention the awful officiating. I think Tomlin has done a good job of keeping shit together this year, these last 2 weeks are hardly his to blame. There are too many other factors that contributed to the losses. 5 turnovers on the road in mile high, then Ben throws a pick to lose game. Belechic , or Lombardi couldn't get a win out of that shit. Steelers still control own destiny, too early to jump gun and start firing people now. Shit will need to change, I just don't agree its Tomlin at this point. Last year it was Haley, ok he's gone but guess what? Ben still throwing pics, and the D still cant tackle or cover.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I get everyone wants to place blame and get rid of problem then we automatically go to SB and start and Dynasty. I admit after a loss I do the same. But its a loss by one score in last two games to teams that are hot. Don't get me wrong they were effing awful losses, I literally regressed 20 years and wanted to start breaking shit. To the question though, How is Tomlin problem for those 2 losses. Our third best player quits, fourth best injured last year its not like there are all pros waiting at home to fill their spots. Ben is reckless with the ball and our D made zero adjustments to Allen on LB's all second half. Not to mention the awful officiating. I think Tomlin has done a good job of keeping shit together this year, these last 2 weeks are hardly his to blame. There are too many other factors that contributed to the losses. 5 turnovers on the road in mile high, then Ben throws a pick to lose game. Belechic , or Lombardi couldn't get a win out of that shit. Steelers still control own destiny, too early to jump gun and start firing people now. Shit will need to change, I just don't agree its Tomlin at this point. Last year it was Haley, ok he's gone but guess what? Ben still throwing pics, and the D still cant tackle or cover.
    Knock it off. ain't nobody got time for a positive post in this thread...

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

You had me going that it wasn't coaching right up until the part I bolded... that problem is squarely on the coaches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I'd replace Tomlin with James Harrison.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

[QUOTE=DesertSteel;668311]You had me going that it wasn't coaching right up until the part I bolded... that problem is squarely on the coaches.

Im not saying it wasnt coaching, Ive questioned Tomlin in past for game management crap and stupid challenges or lack of. I could be wrong I just don't place much blame on him for last 2 losses. Butler has to be held accountable IMO. If he doesn't come up with something new, Brees and Brady are going to torch this D.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Excuses. Good teams win those games. There’s a pattern. What have the constants been?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Excuses. Good teams win those games. There’s a pattern. What have the constants been?
    constants are Ben throwing picks, missed FG's and extra points, penalties -not sure if we still lead the league, and a slow D that cant cover or tackle. Collinsworth stated the Steelers were back to a good tackling team the other night and I spit my beer out laughing. Again I don't know Tomlin isn't the problem, but when I look at last 2 games I just see too many things to blame on him. Does he really have to coach Grimble to make it in end zone instead of trying to hit a defensive guy who gets paid to frigging hit. I miss seeing a safety who comes up aggressively like Polamalu and Clark , instead we have a bunch of Ike Taylors coming up to hit. Problem is none of them can cover as good as Ike.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Good teams don't choke at home when they are up by 2 TDs.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Really the bottom line is you can't lose that game up by 16 points at had all of the momentum going into the second half. A lot of blame to around and, I have just about always had Ben's back. NFL QB's can't miss wide open WR's for TD'S and, I know that pick he threw slipped out of his hand my god that can't happen. Not to mention the second half defense/special teams it's enough to make your head explode. Well they are out of wiggle room now.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

2 weeks in a row we give the game away, well we can forget a first round bye at this point and the ravens are a half game behind us. And we probably have 2 more guaranteed losses vs NE and the Saints, and probably will lose again next week cause we can never beat the Raiders