Thread: Week 13: For Whom To Root

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Week 13: For Whom To Root

It is that time of year, where we sort of know who will be a playoff team... and so, we can root against those teams in order to improve our chances of making the playoffs and/or in order to improve our seeding. Also, in non-Steelers games, I always enjoy having a rooting interest.

Vikings @ Taperiots
    Duh. Go Vikings!!!

Chiefs @ Raidahs
    While it’s very unlikely that Da Raidahs win (I truly think that Gruden is trying to “Losa for Bosa”), the do indeed play the Chiefs hard. Go Raidahs!!!

Ravens @ Falcons
    Duh. Go Falcons!!!

Browns @ Texans
    The Texans are the current #2 seed. They control their destiny (for the #2 seed); so, we need them to lose. Go Browns!!!

Broncos @ Bengals
    Normally, I’d root like crazy against the Bengals... but... their playoff hopes are done; whereas, the Broncos are hot on our tail. Argh!!!... I can’t do it, though. This is a non-watch.

Colts @ Jaguars
    see above: ARGH!!!

Jets @ Titans
    The Titans are on our heels. So... uh... go Jets.

Last but (obviously) not least...

Chargers @ Steelers
    Duh. Go Steelers!!!!!

bold = for whom to root

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 13: For Whom To Root

The Tapepriots are actually the no. 2 seed, and I think another bye is a forgone conclusion for those fuckers

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The Tapepriots are actually the no. 2 seed, and I think another bye is a forgone conclusion for those fuckers
    Most likely. I don't really care who wins that game, as long as somebody gets hurt.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I love watching Pats games! I love rooting against them so much as I like cheering for the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If the NFL adopted the NCAA’s method for playoff team selection the Pats would never get in due to always winning a “weak” division. Those years of beating up on the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins wouldn’t be enough to earn them a playoff seed. I think that same process would most likely disqualify the Steelers this year too though so I guess I am glad it’s more of a win to get in method.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If the NFL adopted the NCAA’s method for playoff team selection the Pats would never get in due to always winning a “weak” division. Those years of beating up on the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins wouldn’t be enough to earn them a playoff seed. I think that same process would most likely disqualify the Steelers this year too though so I guess I am glad it’s more of a win to get in method.
    If the NFL used the NCAA's rules, the Patriots would have vacated about 150 wins and all their championships, for repeated cheating and other associated bullshit. So I'd be in favor of that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...