Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KC CHIEFS RUNNING BACK KAREEM HUNT BRUTALIZES AND KICKS WOMAN IN HOTEL VIDEO

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: KC CHIEFS RUNNING BACK KAREEM HUNT BRUTALIZES AND KICKS WOMAN IN HOTEL VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Yeah, please point out where I said she deserved it? All I said was if you get punched you have the right to defend yourself.

I also noticed you didn't touch the Ben stuff which happened twice. But hey Ben won us two Superbowls ...
    Ben stuff? I'm not sure if you were on Steelers Fever when that happened, but I was pretty vocal about wanting the Steelers to cut Ben (I was PhillySteel then). That said, I'm not 100% convinced Ben did what he was accused of since it was never more than she said/he said. If there was real evidence that Ben did it, I'd still want him gone.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: KC CHIEFS RUNNING BACK KAREEM HUNT BRUTALIZES AND KICKS WOMAN IN HOTEL VIDEO

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ame-suspension

The league also has been investigating an incident involving Hunt allegedly punching a man in the face at an Ohio resort in June. The NFL is believed to have found enough from that incident to add to Hunt's discipline.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

D.O.N.E.

CFL bound or indoor league or Germany but as for the NFL ....

I cant see him being allowed to play for at least a couple seasons and if not playing somewhere in the meantime he will never make it back ... ( and that would be ok with me too )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

If you were the owner who made the comments Clark Hunt made in defense of Kareem Hunt last summer and this video then surfaced what would you do?
    Own up to what you said. Cutting Hunt after the fact reeks of nothing more virtue-signalling damage control.

Hunt will be picked up someone next offseason. Again, nothing more than selective fake moral outrage. Joe Mixon is still on a roster. The NFL pretends to care about this "violence against women" stuff, when they really don't, and nobody honestly cares.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Own up to what you said. Cutting Hunt after the fact reeks of nothing more virtue-signalling damage control.

Hunt will be picked up someone next offseason. Again, nothing more than selective fake moral outrage. Joe Mixon is still on a roster. The NFL pretends to care about this "violence against women" stuff, when they really don't, and nobody honestly cares.
    I think I see what you are saying, and you are not wrong.

I do think, that for some, the outrage is legitimate. From the NFL, no. The Chiefs, doubtful. Average NFL fans and internet posters, some yes and some no.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Own up to what you said. Cutting Hunt after the fact reeks of nothing more virtue-signalling damage control..
    Businesses engage in virtue-signaling damage control all the time to protect their image and bottom line. And anyone who thinks lying to the boss cannot get you canned is delusional.

Management asks the employee what happened. Employee comes up with a self-serving bullshit story.
    Self-serving bullshit story exposed to not only be false but brings down bad publicity on the organization. Benefits of keeping employee outweighed by costs - employee gets whacked (check out what is going on at Facebook these days for an example of how that game is being played for much higher stakes)

With regard to our favorite team and virtue signaling damage control, Steelers gave away Santonio Holmes when they got tired of his nonsense being publicized and were in the middle of dealing with Roethlisberger’s Milledgeville issues impacting the Steelers image. Holmes was expendable - the franchise QB was not.

As has been posted here all fall regarding Le’Veon Bell, running backs are regarded as expendable.

So Hunt takes an unpaid vacay - some team will pick him up next year and he can write his redemption story. Potentially a happy ending for everyone except (speaking of expendable) the young woman he kicked and the cops ignored

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think I see what you are saying, and you are not wrong.

I do think, that for some, the outrage is legitimate. From the NFL, no. The Chiefs, doubtful. Average NFL fans and internet posters, some yes and some no.
    Yeah you can see the different reactions right here in this thread. Some have posted it wasn't that bad and have repeatedly made excuses for Hunt and others have used it as an opportunity to crack jokes or discuss the impact to their freaking fantasy team. I hope their wives or daughters never have to have this happen to them, even if an unwise decision put them in harm's way.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah you can see the different reactions right here in this thread. Some have posted it wasn't that bad and have repeatedly made excuses for Hunt and others have used it as an opportunity to crack jokes or discuss the impact to their freaking fantasy team. I hope their wives or daughters never have to have this happen to them, even if an unwise decision put them in harm's way.
    Yawn, your soapbox is so high up. I get it, you criticized Ben back when that happened ...

I hope you never have a son that gets punched in the face by a drunken woman and defends himself. Make sure you teach him to run away because women are never wrong.

Hunt like Ben was wrong (as I've said repeatedly) but you seem to be stuck on your high and mighty preaching kick. I get it. You should get a job writing for TMZ.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Yawn, your soapbox is so high up. I get it, you criticized Ben back when that happened ...

I hope you never have a son that gets punched in the face by a drunken woman and defends himself. Make sure you teach him to run away because women are never wrong.

Hunt like Ben was wrong (as I've said repeatedly) but you seem to be stuck on your high and mighty preaching kick. I get it. You should get a job writing for TMZ.
    I call bullshit ...

Nobody here ever proclaimed one must run from a woman ... but most do proclaim you can not be shoving them down and kicking them ...

if she was the aggressor fine grab her arms and just do not let her swing on you ( should not be that hard to do ) and have one of your 6 or 8 friends there call security and have her removed ... PROBLEM SOLVED

but you NEVER shove them to the ground , you NEVER kick them ( regardless of how poor of a kick it was the intent was there and he did do it ) ...

I have raised 3 boys and Taught them stand your ground and take control of the situation but do NOT EVER push /shove/hit/kick ....grab and control is it

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I call bullshit ...

Nobody here ever proclaimed one must run from a woman ... but most do proclaim you can not be shoving them down and kicking them ...

if she was the aggressor fine grab her arms and just do not let her swing on you ( should not be that hard to do ) and have one of your 6 or 8 friends there call security and have her removed ... PROBLEM SOLVED

but you NEVER shove them to the ground , you NEVER kick them ( regardless of how poor of a kick it was the intent was there and he did do it ) ...

I have raised 3 boys and Taught them stand your ground and take control of the situation but do NOT EVER push /shove/hit/kick ....grab and control is it
    I've said it before. I have no issue with a shove if a woman (or man) strikes you. None. I would never teach my son to grab or control anything. I've taught my son you shove, and get away from the crazy woman hitting you. If she continues to come at you, then you shove again and hit her at only a last resort. Forget grabbing and holding. You never let an irritate physical person near you, period. They could have a knife, mace, bite you ... screw that shit, keep them as far away from you as possible and continue to warn them. Let the police or security detain them.

As far as the Hunt situation I have repeatedly said the charge & kick were too far. But people saying she was "brutalized" is ridiculous. It was two drunk people acting like two drunk people. Hunt was an F'n moron for putting himself in that position and then doing what he did. For some reason people think me being pissed at Hunt screwing up my fantasy season is my support of the POS. Far from the truth. I watched all the videos and saw the woman's interview with the cops afterwards. She was not brutalized. Had she been hurt then I probably wouldn't have brought up the fantasy shit, but she was fine.

And for the "if I had a daughter" comments. I do have a daughter. And when she's 19 I hope she will remember that I taught her to never go into a hotel room with multiple grown men, especially when she's drunk underage without a way to get home. If she's in that situation I've already failed as a parent.

Keep defending him... You talk out of both sides of your mouth. Once more, the VIDEO shows that he came out of the hotel room and went down the hallway after her and initiated the contact. In what world do you live where that is self-defense?

- - - Updated - - -

I do have a daughter. And when she's 19 I hope she will remember that I taught her to never go into a hotel room with multiple grown men, especially when she's drunk underage without a way to get home. If she's in that situation I've already failed as a parent.
    It wouldn't mean you failed as a parent. When kids turn 18 they do what they want regardless of what you've taught them. They often don't consider the consequences or think it will go wrong.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I really think this is nothing big. He doesn't even hurt her, he just shoves her and the "kick" really isn't anything that will even cause any pain in the first place.

It's completely different to what Ray Rice did who knocked her out.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    I really think this is nothing big. He doesn't even hurt her, he just shoves her and the "kick" really isn't anything that will even cause any pain in the first place.

It's completely different to what Ray Rice did who knocked her out.
    So...its o.k. for me to shove my wife around and kick her, just a little...right

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

ESPN Outside the Lines story recounts the Kareem Hunt incident

A night on the town, and the end of Kareem Hunt's Chiefs career

What's clear from available evidence is that a hotel security staffer and Cleveland police officers appeared skeptical of Ottinger's account, and that police did not ask to see surveillance video that morning -- even though witnesses on both sides of the altercation implored officers to do so. At one point, an officer is heard expressing his belief that a detective would have to get a subpoena to review surveillance tape. Officers also waited hours to question Hunt, deferring to the hotel's insistence that officers couldn't knock on his door without a warrant or permission from the hotel's owner. When they did question him, police asked Hunt if he wanted them to turn off their body cameras -- an offer they made to at least one other witness -- and he requested that they do so....

The only person Cleveland Police would decide to arrest or detain that night was Derek Szeto, a Boston-area man who was staying at the hotel while in town for a business conference. Szeto, 29, told Outside the Lines he was returning to the hotel by an Uber around 3 a.m. when Ottinger ran up to him outside the hotel "crying hysterically." She told him a front desk clerk would not let her call 911 to report that she had been assaulted. Szeto offered his phone and agreed to sit with Ottinger until police arrived....

Szeto said he started to have concerns the hotel wasn't on Ottinger's side and began shooting video on his phone as he waited for police. "The hotel was acting weird, and I wanted video evidence of this for my safety," he said. When police arrive, he tells them he's taping, and they indicate they are fine with it.

But [hotel security officer] Krajcik is later seen in footage asking officers to confiscate Szeto's phone and delete images he had captured. An officer immediately confronts Szeto on the sidewalk in front of the hotel and demands the phone, saying he had "illegally recorded somebody." Szeto refuses.

"We don't need a warrant, because you just committed a crime," the officer says before handcuffing Szeto and putting him in the back of a squad car.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25471824/how-kareem-hunt-nfl-career-was-put-hold-night-town

No surprise Abby Ottinger did not get far with her concerns when the Cleveland cops and the hotel staff were part of Team Kareem

Pro tip - if you get in a dispute in a hotel be the rich guest and not the young broke person

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    ESPN Outside the Lines story recounts the Kareem Hunt incident

A night on the town, and the end of Kareem Hunt's Chiefs career

What's clear from available evidence is that a hotel security staffer and Cleveland police officers appeared skeptical of Ottinger's account, and that police did not ask to see surveillance video that morning -- even though witnesses on both sides of the altercation implored officers to do so. At one point, an officer is heard expressing his belief that a detective would have to get a subpoena to review surveillance tape. Officers also waited hours to question Hunt, deferring to the hotel's insistence that officers couldn't knock on his door without a warrant or permission from the hotel's owner. When they did question him, police asked Hunt if he wanted them to turn off their body cameras -- an offer they made to at least one other witness -- and he requested that they do so....

The only person Cleveland Police would decide to arrest or detain that night was Derek Szeto, a Boston-area man who was staying at the hotel while in town for a business conference. Szeto, 29, told Outside the Lines he was returning to the hotel by an Uber around 3 a.m. when Ottinger ran up to him outside the hotel "crying hysterically." She told him a front desk clerk would not let her call 911 to report that she had been assaulted. Szeto offered his phone and agreed to sit with Ottinger until police arrived....

Szeto said he started to have concerns the hotel wasn't on Ottinger's side and began shooting video on his phone as he waited for police. "The hotel was acting weird, and I wanted video evidence of this for my safety," he said. When police arrive, he tells them he's taping, and they indicate they are fine with it.

But [hotel security officer] Krajcik is later seen in footage asking officers to confiscate Szeto's phone and delete images he had captured. An officer immediately confronts Szeto on the sidewalk in front of the hotel and demands the phone, saying he had "illegally recorded somebody." Szeto refuses.

"We don't need a warrant, because you just committed a crime," the officer says before handcuffing Szeto and putting him in the back of a squad car.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25471824/how-kareem-hunt-nfl-career-was-put-hold-night-town

No surprise Abby Ottinger did not get far with her concerns when the Cleveland cops and the hotel staff were part of Team Kareem

Pro tip - if you get in a dispute in a hotel be the rich guest and not the young broke person
    seems like Cleveland Police are unaware of the law ....

It is not a crime to record in a public area as long as 1 or more persons involved are aware of the recording ( Ohio Law ) the person filming is aware its being filmed thus no crime ..

in Public you have no expectation to privacy ..... I say public because it was in a corridor / hallway /lobby not inside a guest room .... so it is open to public passer though foot traffic ....

Szeto needs to seek legal representation for false arrest

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    So...its o.k. for me to shove my wife around and kick her, just a little...right
    Yeah what a douche comment from jds...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Yeah what a douche comment from jds...
    While I don't support what he did, you do have to say what Ray Rice did was way worse. The fact that asshole even had a 2nd chance at the NFL after that should have gotten Goodell canned

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    While I don't support what he did, you do have to say what Ray Rice did was way worse. The fact that asshole even had a 2nd chance at the NFL after that should have gotten Goodell canned
    Yet she married him. The point is that it is never ok to put your hands on a woman unless it's to protect yourself. Minimizing an incident because it's not as bad as another is deplorable.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Yet she married him. The point is that it is never ok to put your hands on a woman unless it's to protect yourself. Minimizing an incident because it's not as bad as another is deplorable.
    Oh why not, we do it with politics all the time

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sign him in place of Bell. It's been long enough to forget about it...lol.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Sign him in place of Bell. It's been long enough to forget about it...lol.
    Plus, I was reading on Twitter that kicking a woman isn’t as bad as hitting her. So... uh... hmmm.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Plus, I was reading on Twitter that kicking a woman isn’t as bad as hitting her. So... uh... hmmm.
    It wasn't a big kick...it was a tap. If he'd punted her or attempted a 50 Yard FG and wound back and cranked at her, then it would be a big deal...lol. He may have had soft soled shoes as well. We won't know until the NFL finishes their investigation.

It wasn't a big kick...it was a tap. If he'd punted her or attempted a 50 Yard FG and wound back and cranked at her, then it would be a big deal...lol. He may have had soft soled shoes as well. We won't know until the NFL finishes their investigation.
    More douche comments.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I never realized how many cavemen were Steeler fans. Kind of sad to be honest.

Lol...clearly sarcasm...

Meanwhile we idolized James Harrison the woman beater lol

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

As a comedian said about the three-strikes law:

“But, what if they were little felonies?”

Some did. Probably the same ones who don’t think Hunt’s domestic was a big deal. We each have our priorities. For me, football is not more important than how you treat people.

several differences here IMO ....

1) WE DID NOT SEE IT ......

2) because of 1) its a he said she said where there is a element of the unknown .... normally there are 3 sides to a story His - Hers and the truth

so while beating a woman is NOT ever ok ....

the fact that only 2 people truly know what happened and none of us are 1 of those people so we only know what was reported ....

seeing it takes it to another level right or wrong
    from what I recall ( I could be wrong ) I believe it was a door that took most of the abuse from James , and she took a smack ( and that is wrong ) but we where not there