Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ben - “I’ve earned the right” to criticize teammates

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Re: Ben - “I’ve earned the right” to criticize teammates

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Good to see everyone is out on the ledge tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not on the ledge but this team has insanity written all over them. The exact definition of insanity

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'm not on the edge, what we saw tonight is a reality.
    I dont get the shock. They lost to the 2nd best team in the AFC. Revealed themselves to be somewhere between the 3rd and 5th best team in the conference. Thats where Ive pegged them from the jump. Why the surprise?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Ben's INT's is very concerning and has to stop!

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I dont get the shock. They lost to the 2nd best team in the AFC. Revealed themselves to be somewhere between the 3rd and 5th best team in the conference. Thats where Ive pegged them from the jump. Why the surprise?
    The WAY they lost

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

By being soft up the middle on defense and lacking a deep threat on offense? How is this news? They did what theyve done all year on defense. They traded open WRs for the chance to generate pressure. Thats playing with Fire. Got burned. Again, not surprising.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I don’t get the shock. They lost to the 2nd best team in the AFC. Revealed themselves to be somewhere between the 3rd and 5th best team in the conference. That’s where I’ve pegged them from the jump. Why the surprise?
    You will.

We are NOT between the 3rd and 5th best team in the conference

You will.
    Ill grant I wasnt able to pay close attention to the game tonight. And Im not a rewatcher. But from what I did see, its the same good and same bad as this team has been from Week 1. Add in some crap calls by refs that led to pints and a handful of bad bounces. Pretty easy to see. Whats surprising?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post

Sure they are. And what does it matter? Not enough turnovers on defense to make a deep run.

Boils down to this team is inept at making adjustments as well...that's coaching

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Actually, they are - the AFC is pretty damn bad all the way around.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I’ll grant I wasn’t able to pay close attention to the game tonight. And I’m not a rewatcher. But from what I did see, it’s the same good and same bad as this team has been from Week 1. Add in some crap calls by refs that led to pints and a handful of bad bounces. Pretty easy to see. What’s surprising?

Nothing, I expect one and done at best.

Boils down to this team is inept at making adjustments as well...that's coaching

With Burnett injured and Burns tanking there are no adjustments to make. Todays plan was to sell out Fort in coverage between the hashes to generate pressure. Almost worked. But fell 3 plays short.

Sure they are. And what does it matter? Not enough turnovers on defense to make a deep run.

If that's what you think then each to his own...can't be considered in the top 5 if all 3 phases are not playing well

Nothing, I expect one and done at best.
    That was my baseline since first few weeks. Burns and Davis not generating turnovers and Burnett basically being on IR mean the defense is down to pass rush and duct tape and baling wire.

Chiefs, Pats, Houston, Denver, San Diego, Baltimore? then Steelers???

6th -7th at best in afc

That was my baseline since first few weeks. Burns and Davis not generating turnovers and Burnett basically being on IR mean the defense is down to pass rush and duct tape and baling wire.

I know you have and are correct, but there is too much helter-skelter team-wide that just seems to continue to carry over year after year. There is too much talent on this team for this to continue but it does. I don't think this team will see another SB for a very long time.

I'm putting Denver up there cause they are better than their record shows

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I know you have and are correct, but there is too much helter-skelter team-wide that just seems to continue to carry over year after year. There is too much talent on this team for this to continue but it does. I don't think this team will see another SB for a very long time.
    To much talent on this team now and even before. That lies on Tomlin that doesn't know how to win with it!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Chargers arent the second best team in the AFC. The Steelers are. They just play like the 7th best and they lost last week to the 8th best...lol.

Week after week its the same nonsense lately.

People can analyze and try to rationalize the losses, but the fact is good teams find ways to win, this team has been finding ways to lose. This is a team that should be battling for the number one seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Chargers aren’t the second best team in the AFC. The Steelers are. They just play like the 7th best and they lost last week to the 8th best...lol.

Week after week it’s the same nonsense lately.

People can analyze and try to rationalize the losses, but the fact is good teams find ways to win, this team has been finding ways to lose. This is a team that should be battling for the number one seeds.
    IDK, the Chargers QB has 28TD and 6INT with a 115.7 passer rating. That is a pretty good TD:INT ratio for the guy leading their offense.

The Steelers QB has a 26TD to 13INT ratio with a 95.1 passer rating. Looks like Ben is throwing twice as many game changing INT's than Rivers, so I would say the Chargers are the better team.

Also, the Chargers didn't try to cover Antonio Brown with a ILB, so I would say that strategically they have a leg up on the Steelers as well.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    IDK, the Chargers QB has 28TD and 6INT with a 115.7 passer rating. That is a pretty good TD:INT ratio for the guy leading their offense.

The Steelers QB has a 26TD to 13INT ratio with a 95.1 passer rating. Looks like Ben is throwing twice as many game changing INT's than Rivers, so I would say the Chargers are the better team.

Also, the Chargers didn't try to cover Antonio Brown with a ILB, so I would say that strategically they have a leg up on the Steelers as well.
    Doesnt mean their better. The Steelers have far more talent in offense than the Chargers do.

The Chargers have better coaching.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Doesn’t mean their “better”. The Steelers have far more talent in offense than the Chargers do.

The Chargers have better coaching.
    I'm not sure about the HC since the guy is just getting started. What they do have is a QB who takes better care of the football.

The DC and ST Coaches on the Steelers are horrendous.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

I wouldn't give Denver, Baltimore or San Diego a clear edge over the Steelers. Still a month to go. We played as close to perfect as I've seen just a few weeks ago against Carolina. There is time to fix these issues.
    Calls and bounces didn't go our way yesterday. Denver needed 4 to's to squeak out a win at home against us.
    I'll be surprised if we don't win 3 of the last 4 and hold on for the division.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'm not sure about the HC since the guy is just getting started. What they do have is a QB who takes better care of the football.
    Exactly!

You can have a better O line and better WR's, a better RB, but if the guy that has the football in his hands every time the ball is snapped, doesn't make good plays or decisions, then the offense falters.

Rivers is playing better than Ben this year. Whiz is calling better game than Fichtner.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Ben - Ive earned the right to criticize teammates

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Exactly!

You can have a better O line and better WR's, a better RB, but if the guy that has the football in his hands every time the ball is snapped, doesn't make good plays or decisions, then the offense falters.

Rivers is playing better than Ben this year. Whiz is calling better game than Fichtner.
    Ray Fittipaldo of the P-G notes the gunslinger is not shooting the intended targets often enough

The interceptions are a gigantic problem. He has 13. Only Sam Darnold has more. He's not careful. He's careless. He doesn't play to situations in the game. He doesn't have a great feel for how to manage a game. It's gunsling or go home. And the Steelers could be going home for the playoffs if the interceptions continue

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201812030113

Tomlin presides over a team that is not particularly effective at creating turnovers, so he should demand a more conservative approach with his offense. But there’s nothing conservative or even careful about the offense. Not when quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says things like, “I’m going to keep slinging it” when asked about his interception total. Or when offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner says things like, “Why wouldn’t we pass it?” when he was asked about the Steelers leading the league in pass attempts.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201812030134

Well guess we will find out who Ben throws under the bus tomorrow.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Well guess we will find out who Ben throws under the bus tomorrow.
    I bet tomorrow is going to be contrite Ben with no ID on anyone other than him who fell short of the standard along with a continuation of the upbeat message from last night that the Steelers have not hit an iceberg but have just paused on their cruise to pick up some ice