Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Antonio Brown

AB is no longer the best WR in the NFL. Something is different. He has gone from #1 to around #8-10. I'm not sure if we'll ever see his previous dominance again. I don't think he's even the best WR on the team this season. In the past, if AB was single covered you threw him the ball and it was money. Now when I see it, I mostly assume it's going to be an incomplete unless it's a 5-yard crossing pattern.

He's still very good..... but, will we ever see the old AB again? And what do you think the problem is? Lost a step, maybe?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown

I don't know but Juju is the man this year

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

From what I've been seeing/reading is that AB is still AB, it's just he and Ben have not been connecting.

He still draws double teams. Until he no longer does that he's the #1 WR on the roster. AB is the least of my worries.

Per ESPN: AB is still projected to finish with 103 catches, 1,271 yards and 16 TD's.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Denver was clearly doing this yesterday and so have several other teams - play their safeties over both Juju and AB. In other words double both the WRs and make the Steelers beat you with the "other" guys. The "other" guys are not always able to do that.

In years past, the doubling of AB or the other outside WR meant that Bryant/Juju roasted the 3rd CB or LBell feasted on a LB in coverage, or (for like 2 games) Ladarius Green just dominated.

That third weapon has not emerged. If I am another team I am totally content to let the Steelers dink and dunk with Switzer all day. Or put my best coverage LB on McDonald and take my chances.

Conner hangs on to that screen pass and we aren't talking about any of this...but here we are.

Washington/Switzer/Conner/Hunter not being able to consistently turn single coverage into points has been an ongoing problem this season and will continue to be as the Steelers face playoff caliber teams.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Ben is distributing the ball to more targets than ever (and for the most part, has been highly effective at doing so). As was mentioned, if Conner hangs onto the screen that would have put us inside the Broncos' 20 and Grimble scores that TD, we're not even having this discussion.

The lesson from yesterday's game? Hang onto the damn ball.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    AB is the least of my worries.
    He's definitely not a worry. No team should worry about a top 10 receiver. But that's where he is now, top 10. We were pretty spoiled for a few years.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm starting to think Washington is a bust after yesterday.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Denver was clearly doing this yesterday and so have several other teams - play their safeties over both Juju and AB. In other words double both the WRs and make the Steelers beat you with the "other" guys. The "other" guys are not always able to do that.

In years past, the doubling of AB or the other outside WR meant that Bryant/Juju roasted the 3rd CB or LBell feasted on a LB in coverage, or (for like 2 games) Ladarius Green just dominated.

That third weapon has not emerged. If I am another team I am totally content to let the Steelers dink and dunk with Switzer all day. Or put my best coverage LB on McDonald and take my chances.

Conner hangs on to that screen pass and we aren't talking about any of this...but here we are.

Washington/Switzer/Conner/Hunter not being able to consistently turn single coverage into points has been an ongoing problem this season and will continue to be as the Steelers face playoff caliber teams.
    That is true, and was a good game plan by them. After all, it was the 'other guys' who were the downfall of this game. Grimble fumbling across the goal line, Washington and his Charles Johnson-esque jumping for the ball when it wasn't necessary, Conner's fumble due to bad ball security. Thing that sucks about this game, is if any of those things doesn't happen, it's likely a win. We'd be kicking a chip shot field goal at the end to win instead of throwing an INT in the endzone

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    That is true, and was a good game plan by them. After all, it was the 'other guys' who were the downfall of this game. Grimble fumbling across the goal line, Washington and his Charles Johnson-esque jumping for the ball when it wasn't necessary, Conner's fumble due to bad ball security. Thing that sucks about this game, is if any of those things doesn't happen, it's likely a win. We'd be kicking a chip shot field goal at the end to win instead of throwing an INT in the endzone
    This. And if none of those things happen, we put up 30+ points and are grinding the clock out at the end and winning by a fairly comfortable margin.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    This. And if none of those things happen, we put up 30+ points and are grinding the clock out at the end and winning by a fairly comfortable margin.
    Ifs and Buts................

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

AB has been hurt by numerous inaccurate Ben passes to him.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

AB has issues if he's not the "guy"...it's obvious and he is envious of JuJu..he needs to lose the me first attitude and be a team player. He should know by now he is gonna be doubled covered every game and this leaves JuJu in man to man a lot. When he is not the guy he pouts and lacks effort a lot. This is the definition of a diva and to be considered great he needs to lose this attitude cause it only hurts the team.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

The Madden curse.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

AB has been sulking all year.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    AB has issues if he's not the "guy"...it's obvious and he is envious of JuJu..he needs to lose the me first attitude and be a team player. He should know by now he is gonna be doubled covered every game and this leaves JuJu in man to man a lot. When he is not the guy he pouts and lacks effort a lot. This is the definition of a diva and to be considered great he needs to lose this attitude cause it only hurts the team.

Umm where is the evidence that AB is envious of JuJu?

Did you see him have that big block on JuJu's 97 yard TD yesterday? that TD doesn't happen without AB, and he's not known for blocking.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

When will I learn...stay away after a loss

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Wow, did you make this up all by yourself or did you get help from somebody else?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Ifs and Buts................
    And I'm sure AB will go back to #1 with the next win...

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    When will I learn...stay away after a loss
    What does it have to do with a loss? I'm talking about a season, one in which is going pretty well. You're the one injecting negativity about yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    And I'm sure AB will go back to #1 with the next win...
    *sigh*

You have me mistaken for a sky is falling fan, which I am far from. Yesterday didn't change my mind about this team whatsoever.

I'm sure at least 30 other fanbases would kill to have AB and his production over the last 5 and a half years. Heck, he just set another record for fastest player to 800 receptions, yet some on here want to hate on him every time something is going wrong. The guy is not part of the problem.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Wow, did you make this up all by yourself or did you get help from somebody else?
    Body language man...even when asked about JuJu he didn't say much. You should praise your teammates when asked. C'mon guys it's pretty damn obvious AB don't like his stats being #2 on the team...he is a me first guy.

Also, let me make one thing clear...AB is the best at what he does, he just needs to lose the pouting attitude...it gets in his head then he presses and starts running the wrong routes and sometimes doesn't even look for the ball.

Teams are gonna continually double up on him so he might as well get use to it...I like when we can isolate him by putting him in motion etc. Ben is doing the right thing by spreading the ball around, problem is AB gets in his ear too much and that's when you see the forcing to him

I said at the beginning of the year that JuJu would have better stats than AB this year just because of all those reasons

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    yet some on here want to hate on him every time something is going wrong. The guy is not part of the problem.
    Who is hating on him, specifically?

Body language man...even when asked about JuJu he didn't say much. You should praise your teammates when asked. C'mon guys it's pretty damn obvious AB don't like his stats being #2 on the team...he is a me first guy.

Is anybody's body language good after a loss?

You're reaching with no evidence. AB is known to be a diva(most star WR's are) but you're putting him as a bad teammate which couldn't be more wrong.

You're reaching with no evidence. AB is known to be a diva(most star WR's are) but you're putting him as a bad teammate which couldn't be more wrong.
    Ive seen the same body language after a win especially if he didnt have a good game!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, mark my words, if he doesnt get the ball as much the next few games and his production is lacking he will have a blowup on the sidelines again. I love AB, he could go down as one of the greatest receivers in history but the blowups, etc etc should not be tolerated! Not to mention it does affect Ben(and the whole team) having him squawking in your ear the whole game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

His still Tops in the league. Without Bell, the opposing defenses are able to play AB and JuJu differently. Conner can’t get it done and isn’t a threat the way Bell was and he’s “less to worry about”. They can keep a safety back to tie up AB instead of having to have him cheat down to worry about Bell. Steelers have to utilize AB different ways to get him open. Out of the slot, Denver wasn’t rotating a safety to him and he was able to make some plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Also, let me make one thing clear...AB is the best at what he does, he just needs to lose the pouting attitude...it gets in his head then he presses and starts running the wrong routes and sometimes doesn't even look for the ball.

You know who was a total a$$hole to the other WRs on his team? Jerry Rice

You know who used to argue with their QB to throw the ball to them, and not the other WR? Swann & Stallworth

You know who used to HATE when they would run the ball instead of passing to him? Michael Irvin

SUMMATION:
    All of the great WRs were "me first" guys. ALL of them.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

You know who used to argue with their QB to throw the ball to them, and not the other WR? Swann & Stallworth

You know who used to HATE when they would run the ball instead of passing to him? Michael Irvin

SUMMATION:
    Randy Moss once left the field prior to the end of a game

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

SUMMATION:
    Yep and we got a duo like Swann & Stallworth now. AB & JUJU is the best one and two punch in the NFL. I meant both Swanny and John many years back, both cool dudes! They found a way to coexist! So will AB and JUJU! Ps. You wan't players on your team that have confidence and want the ball!