Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comeback Ben!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Comeback Ben!

Is mostly guaranteed for a INT. We All see it coming before the play is called!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Comeback Ben!

Jags game he pretty much was causing the loss, so had to win that one!

- - - Updated - - -

That said he played a great game today! Just chokes at clutch time!

When a comeback is needed Ben is 8 times more likely to throw a INT. I miss the Old Ben when the game is on the line and we say to ourselves we got this. Now we all know he we throw a INT to lose it!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Just stop

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

You avatar gives me eye cancer
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

You're more likely to throw an INT when you have to throw the ball more

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I buy three extra Ben jerseys every season so I can have them to burn after the three annual Bad Ben games.

Normal season:
    11 good to great games
    2 games injured/out
    3 games where he sucks or plays stupid.

Item 1 is why he's going to the HOF. Item 3 is why he's not an all-time great (top 10).

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I buy three extra Ben jerseys every season so I can have them to burn after the three annual Bad Ben games.

Normal season:
    11 good to great games
    2 games injured/out

Item 1 is why he's going to the HOF. Item 3 is why he's not an all-time great (top 10).
    Wow! Never thought of it this way, but you are absolutely correct.

So far I count the last 2 weeks where he threw 5 INT in 2 games (and many other near INT's) as the sucks or stupid games he has played, so maybe we are in line for one more this season?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Normal season:
    11 good to great games
    2 games injured/out

Happens to a lot of QBs. I remember a lot of games where Peyton Manning / Favre / Rodgers threw 3-4 pick games and looked downright bad.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Normal season:
    11 good to great games
    2 games injured/out

Yet Mr. Discount Double Check somehow is...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yet Mr. Discount Double Check somehow is...
    Rodgers is clearly not the best QB this year. Watching him last night revealed that.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Rodgers is clearly not the best QB this year. Watching him last night revealed that.
    I've said that for the last several years. But I've noticed that the sports media tends to make excuses for him that aren't made for Roethlisberger.

I've said that for the last several years. But I've noticed that the sports media tends to make excuses for him that aren't made for Roethlisberger.
    Well he does throw a pretty spiral that makes people go oooh and ahhh

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Sure, but a 20TD to 1INT ratio this season is pretty good.

All time, Rodgers TD:INT ratio is 4-1, while Ben is 2-1. So over the course of their careers, Ben throws Twice as many INT's per TD than Rodgers does. That definitely shows that somebody makes a lot more accurate throws and takes care of the football better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Sure, but a 20TD to 1INT ratio this season is pretty good.

All time, Rodgers TD:INT ratio is 4-1, while Ben is 2-1. So over the course of their careers, Ben throws Twice as many INT's per TD than Rodgers does. That definitely shows that somebody makes a lot more accurate throws and takes care of the football better than the other.
    Hasn't translated to more wins and SBs, though.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Is mostly guaranteed for a INT. We All see it coming before the play is called!
    Jags game he pretty much was causing the loss, so had to win that one!

- - - Updated - - -

That said he played a great game today! Just chokes at clutch time!
    When a comeback is needed Ben is 8 times more likely to throw a INT. I miss the Old Ben when the game is on the line and we say to ourselves we got this. Now we all know he we throw a INT to lose it!

It's time to put down the bottle.

Hasn't translated to more wins and SBs, though.
    So are you saying that wins and super bowls are equated to only the QB?

I am saying that Ben throws INT's at a rate double that of Rodgers and I think we can all understand the value of winning the turnover battle in an NFL game. So if your QB makes a lot more mistakes than others over the course of their career, I would tend to say that you could rank one as better than the other. The amount of Super Bowl wins could also be attributed to 52 other guys on the roster and coaches, not just perceived media/fan bias.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Ben Roethlisberger has thrown more redzone Interceptions than anyone else in the nfl and that is concerning. Ben is hard to watch even if it turns out in the Steelers favor, he holds the ball forever, he makes throws into double coverage that has most fans puckered up and he has far too many INTs for this late in his career. We take the good with the bad but yesterday's game ending interception was inexcusable for a QB with as much NFL experience.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Aaron Rodgers is an all-time great. Look at his, then look at him play, one of the most gifted QBs to ever play the game

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    So are you saying that wins and super bowls are equated to only the QB?
    No, but that is the benchmark for QBs that has been ascribed by all the talking heads.

I'm also tired of the "Ben sucks" narrative after every frigging loss. Of course, now AB is evidently in decline too.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The NFL has changed and most of the old dogs are just running out the clock. In 10 years you won't recognize the game or the players. You may not even watch it anymore.
    All Defense!

No, but that is the benchmark for QBs that has been ascribed by all the talking heads.

I'm also tired of the "Ben sucks" narrative after every frigging loss. Of course, now AB is evidently in decline too.
    Meh, talking heads now consists of a lot of keyboard warriors with zero perspective on the game, fantasy football geeks and liars that need a hot take for each days show.

I, as a long time Steeler fan, but even more of a football fan will assert that Aaron Rodgers has been a better QB over his career than Ben. I agree with you that the keyboard warriors that try and say that a Hall of Fame player, "sucks" or "he was overrated" are laughable. Ben is gonna get one of those ugly yellow jackets someday, but he makes a lot of mistakes by taking a lot of risks and you have to own them, which he does quite honestly.

Some of us are able to rationally discuss a player having a bad game.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

When you throw over 50 times a game you going to get pics. Law of averages. It took a lot of crap to go wrong yesterday yet they still had a chance to send to OT. The fact that coaching staff abandoned run or actually never established run in second half was shocking. It was as if they were trying to outsmart Broncos. They need to learn by this loss , Ben is great QB but if he has to throw 50 times were screwed. I get sometimes games dictate it, such as Chiefs when they got behind. Yesterday the game never got more than a one score lead. There was no need to not try and establish run. Especially in Denver you know guys are going to be drained in the 4th quarter.

Some of us are able to rationally discuss a player having a bad game.
    Would that include the OP of this thread?

Would that include the OP of this thread?
    To be honest, I can even understand the point being made in the OP.

Normal season:
    11 good to great games
    2 games injured/out

That is a great idea but could be expensive. I will have to get the Chinese knock offs for next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    It's time to put down the bottle.
    They were cans!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

A-Rod is in fact an objectively better QB than Ben. I love Ben, and have marveled at him at times. He’s certainly exciting to watch.

But c’mon, Rodgers with THIS Steelers offense around him would be scoring 50 points a game, EVERY GAME. We’d better than the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints. I hate that Ben isn’t good enough to do that, but it’s obviously the case.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    A-Rod is in fact an objectively better QB than Ben. I love Ben, and have marveled at him at times. He’s certainly exciting to watch.

But c’mon, Rodgers with THIS Steelers offense around him would be scoring 50 points a game, EVERY GAME. We’d better than the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints. I hate that Ben isn’t good enough to do that, but it’s obviously the case.
    Brady is on record as saying that if Rogers was in the Pats system he would drop 700 yards every game.

Rogers is the most gifted guy the league has seen in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Brady is on record as saying that if Rogers was in the Pats system he would drop 700 yards every game.

Rogers is the most gifted guy the league has seen in awhile.
    So if Rodgers was a cheater, then he'd win more. Got it #PatriotWay*****