Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Confidence Level in this Team for the Playoffs?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: What's Your Confidence Level in this Team for the Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Gary, do you think this team has the potential to win it all?
    Yep. And I also believe they are capable of going out and looking like the worst team in the league on any given week.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Yes and no.

It would have been positive still because it was a very well-coached team today that only got caught up a couple of times by a QB and coach that together are masters of causing confusion in other teams.

No, because that last series where the Steelers held a team out of the endzone after giving up scores the last few weeks spotlighted changes made in this defense. That's not players doing it. That's coaches doing it. It wasn't as though the scheme was beat and a player just made an outstanding play on the ball.

Brady didn't score because of scheme on that drive. It's why he had to throw the ball away twice at least. it's also why he tried to throw it away and got a pick instead on one of the previous drives.

Again, I'm only saying that if the team we saw today shows up for the rest of the season, we have a very good chance. Now, what do I think the chances of that happening are? Slim. And that, you can at least partially put on coaching. But today's game . . . gotta give it its due.
    Amen!

Just imagine if the offense shows up too...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    A lot of teams have shut down Gronk and just to name a few this season, Detroit, KC, BUF, GB, Tennessee, Minnesota and Pittsburgh have all held TB12 to 1TD...and that’s just this season. Just for fun, 5 teams have held Gronk under 50 yards this season. It’s not that uncommon nowadays.
    So, beating the Taperiots is no big deal. Commonplace, really.

Good to know.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

This was a win and I'll take all I can get, but this NE game doesn't bolster my confidence much. NE did as much to beat themselves as we did.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    So, beating the Taperiots is no big deal. Commonplace, really.

Good to know.
    If there’s anytime to do it, now is the time as the whole team is on the decline...lol.

It’s great that they beat the Pats, just sucks that they dropped on to the Raiders, gave one way to the Chargers and gave one to the Broncos.

They should be beating the Patriots...Steelers have way more talent than them. As they did last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s great that they beat the Pats, just sucks that they dropped on to the Raiders, gave one way to the Chargers and gave one to the Broncos.
    Those three games are the difference between the #4 seed (for the moment) and the #1 seed with 2 to play.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Those three games are the difference between the #4 seed (for the moment) and the #1 seed with 2 to play.
    Yep and they were all winnable. All of them. Even the Chiefs game was a winnable game...

I think the Saints game is winnable and I think they win it as long as the Saints beat the Panthers Monday Night.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Still pretty low

patriots looked terrible

And we lost to the lowly raiders, gave one away to chargers the week before that, and gave another to the lousy broncos

Let that all sink in. This team is the very definition of underachieving.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yep. Then go back and remember both the Chiefs games and the even the Browns' game in which we gave up and tied them. We should be 13-1. A season of wasted opportunities.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Much needed win but against a slightly above average team they are now. I'll take it and feels good beating them! Some good signs with Rogers, Samuels and Washington. We just got to make the playoffs and who knows ? Talent is there and we can compete with anyone when we are up for it!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Can't talk playoffs yet because we still may have to win out depending on how Baltimore does. If they beat the Chargers next week, we'll be in a bad spot with a loss vs New Orleans. I wish I could say I was optimistic about that game, but it's going to be TOUGH. Between NE and NO I thought today's game was the much more winnable one. To be quite honest I'm not all that impressed with the Chargers, and the Ravens could possibly beat them.

The one advantage we have is that they're on a short week, but still, the Saints at home will be tough sledding any way you put it.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers likely treated this as their Super Bowl. How will they fare the rest of the way. Can't see them being competitive against New Orleans after such an emotional win especially in the Superdome

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Can't talk playoffs yet because we still may have to win out depending on how Baltimore does. If they beat the Chargers next week, we'll be in a bad spot with a loss vs New Orleans. I wish I could say I was optimistic about that game, but it's going to be TOUGH. Between NE and NO I thought today's game was the much more winnable one. To be quite honest I'm not all that impressed with the Chargers, and the Ravens could possibly beat them.

The one advantage we have is that they're on a short week, but still, the Saints at home will be tough sledding any way you put it.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

The good thing is the Chargers are still playing for a 1 seed, so they got something to play for. The Saints pretty much have their 1 seed locked up with the Rams loss tonight, and a short week.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Well hopefully the Chargers will do us a favor and, beat the ravens. If they don't it will be another must win for the Steelers VS Saints on the road.

Yeah, a day later I'm still all over the place. It was nice to see our defense not let up all game. They had only one breakdown and then one personnel issue where two CBs collided leaving a WR free. Their work in the fourth quarter forcing that turnover and stopping a driving offense really impressed me. I know, people are saying this isn't the same Patriots team. Sure. But that Patriots team is a ton better than the Raiders or Jags. So . . .

And yet, I really don't want to get my hopes up.

Junior Member Array title="Steel Warrior is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steel Warrior's Avatar

Wild card doesn't look good right now, we'd have to go 1-1, which we can, but Colts and Titans would also both have to go 1-1, and although they play each other the last game, I highly doubt either loses this weeks game, so one of them would be 2-0. So, we have to keep pace with the Ravens to win the division. Saturday's game between the Ravens and Chargers is huge, if the Ravens win we're in trouble. Please Santa, give me a Chargers win!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Warrior View Post
    Wild card doesn't look good right now, we'd have to go 1-1, which we can, but Colts and Titans would also both have to go 1-1, and although they play each other the last game, I highly doubt either loses this weeks game, so one of them would be 2-0. So, we have to keep pace with the Ravens to win the division. Saturday's game between the Ravens and Chargers is huge, if the Ravens win we're in trouble. Please Santa, give me a Chargers win!
    Possible. But for some stupid reason (as I keep getting sucked in) I think the Steelers may have turned a corner against the Pats*. I'm hoping that was the monkey-off-the-back game we so needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Warrior View Post
    Possible. But for some stupid reason (as I keep getting sucked in) I think the Steelers may have turned a corner against the Pats*. I'm hoping that was the monkey-off-the-back game we so needed.

That’s not a bad theory...could be a lot of pressure off their back and instill some confidence into the team to make a run...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That Deja vu is a bitch.....

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

hopefully the ravens on a short week against a well rested chargers team will help a bit. hopefully melvin gordon is back
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Not sure if we make the playoffs

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Confidence is low right now. If they don't make it, you can go back to the Raiders game as to the reason why. Mike "Game Flow" Tomlin is responsible IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Confidence is low right now. If they don't make it, you can go back to the Raiders game as to the reason why. Mike "Game Flow" Tomlin is responsible IMO.
    It's not just the Raiders game, this team has been blowing multiple games every year and they all come back to haunt them. If I'm AJR II fur will be flying at season end.

5% chance they make it. 2% chance they win a game.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I'd put it at 33% chance to win the division and less than 2% chance to make it in as a WC.

First the WC was all but eliminated yesterday with the Titans win. Assuming Colts beats the Giants today at Indy they then play the Titans next week. Winner will have 10 wins eliminating the Steelers from that passage.

As far as the division goes. I don't see us beating the Saints in their building. I don't know if there's a team in the league that you would expect to go in there and win? So it comes down to next week. I know the Bengals would love to beat us and spoil our last chance. But I don't think they have the horses to pull it off. Plus when the going gets tough the Bungles pack it in .

So that means our fate will ride with the Browns. And I like it! This season every time a team gets propped up as high and mighty as the Ravens are currently being they come thudding back to reality. I think the Browns go into that game looking at it as their Super Bowl . And honestly the Ravens lack of a legitimate passing game will bite them sooner or later. And you know damn well Baker Mayfield will want to beat the last qb taken in the first round. I feel good this happening!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I don’t think they’ll get in. But if they can’t beat the Saints at home they also can’t win 4 playoff games.

If they’re a championship caliber team they win. If not, they don’t and what does it matter?

Either way I’m traveling all day. So I’ll be spared having to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

As far as 'confidence level', I am totally confident this team is good enough to be a playoff team this season. I think there are a lot of mediocre teams this year that we should be in ahead of. That said, you simply must win the games you're supposed to. These last 6 weeks have not been confidence building weeks. Those mediocre teams have tied or passed us up because we can't get out of our own way. I'm confident we have a playoff caliber team, just not a SB caliber team. So in the end I really don't care about the playoffs at this point.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

My confidence level is what show(s) can I binge watch now?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk