Thread: Tip or no tip by Tuitt?

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Tip or no tip by Tuitt?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Tip or no tip by Tuitt?

Tip, but you know the refs made it clear early on the Saints were winning

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Doesn't look tipped to me. Kind of hard to tell because there isn't much to really see if there is more of a wobble after it passes his arm as opposed to before.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Yeah, Alualu looked to be motioning tip from the sidelines and its tough to tell. I doubt they can reverse that if they used video, as the ball seems to maybe start to wobble a bit. That slight wobble could just be how it was spinning on the pass. Still, Haden grabbed, but he was also pushed off of as well, which might have necessitated the grab of jersey.

I dont think by the video I can definately say it was tipped.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Doesn’t look tipped to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Does not look tipped

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

It's possible, but I don't think I see anything definitive.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

I'm not sure what you guys are looking at. Although, it is a slight tip, the ball was definitely tipped and changed rotation at that point.
    I said the ball was tipped looking at the TV replays during the game. and the steelers were all motioning for it as they knew their guy had nicked it.
    The bigger question is why wasn't it reviewed. It was inside of 2 minutes, which is an auto booth review.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerchad View Post
    I'm not sure what you guys are looking at. Although, it is a slight tip, the ball was definitely tipped and changed rotation at that point.
    I said the ball was tipped looking at the TV replays during the game. and the steelers were all motioning for it as they knew their guy had nicked it.
    The bigger question is why wasn't it reviewed. It was inside of 2 minutes, which is an auto booth review.
    I agree it was clearly a tip upon seeing it on replay from that angle. It's a shame no ref on the field observed it as it happened. It's even worse that they threw the flag on Haden 20 seconds after the whistle had blown due to Brees lobbying for it! In other words it''s a fast game I don't mind things being missed in real time. But if you didn't see it you didn't see it so I'm fine that you don't call it. But don't come back and let yourself get talked into something you didn't see because the Super star qb demands it.

I don't care what anyone says. I don't think there was a conspiracy or effort to screw the Steelers. But incompetence by the officials on a handful of plays that were all game shaping were the final nails in the Steelers coffin both in this game and the season as a whole. From a missed fumbled punt in Cleveland all the way back to week 1, to the 2 TD's gifted to the Chargers in Pgh ( 14 point swing and I'm supposed to say it didn't matter? Bullshit!) these two bogus PI calls on Haden ( again 14 point swing on the scoreboard and we're supposed to pretend it didn't factor in the outcome? Then throw in the OPI that wasn't called against the Saints on their game winning TD, you call it that tight just a couple plays earlier but ignore that? But sorry the Steelers could easily be sitting home for Christmas with 3 more wins, which would give the 11-4 record and playing for a bye next week instead of needing help to crawl through the back door.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."