Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Confidence Level in this Team for the Playoffs?

What's Your Confidence Level in this Team for the Playoffs?

After last weeks game and then this game, I have very little confidence. They have the talent, and the defense has stepped up. They barely allowed a 100 yard rusher against the top rushing team in the NFL. Denver's offense played mistake free and almost a perfect game.

However, it's the small mental mistakes by the skill positions on offense. Ben and his INTs, Conner and his drops and fumbles, Grimble and his costly fumble today. Switzer even got into the act today.

So, I see this as a one and done team. If they get lucky have a good game, perhaps a two and done team. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think so.

This team stops itself.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Re: What's Your Confidence Level in this Team for the Playoffs?

They should win the division and at least make it as the 3rd seed. I think they'll win in the first round, but probably will lose in the second round.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    They should win the division and at least make it as the 3rd seed. I think they'll win in the first round, but probably will lose in the second round.
    This seems like a reasonable and likely outcome

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This seems like a reasonable and likely outcome
    Yeah, its what I predicted at the beginning of the season.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

My confidence level in the team is very high, but my confidence in our ability to make the super bowl is low. This was a must- win for us.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The hard part of the schedule coming up.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Lose in second round in Foxboro.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Their getting torched by somebody in the postseason. Book it

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

2nd round loss.

Always been the ceiling of the team. Past years are the proof.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

You guys go ahead and jump ship,i,m stayin aboard.The dust is hardly even kicked up and i like how some already have it settling.Just sayin.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Confidence level is low. Ben is bad on the road and the Secondary is as bad as it's been in the last 10 seasons. James Conner is exhausted and the #2 back is a practice squad guy, the defensive line rarely has a game that it gets consistent pressure. The most concerning is coaching, it's just not good enough.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    My confidence level in the team is very high, but my confidence in our ability to make the super bowl is low. This was a must- win for us.
    How is this a must win? We are almost assured a playoffs spot, and honestly not having a bye is probably better considering they always come out slow and rusty after them, and it takes them a half to get going.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    You guys go ahead and jump ship,i,m stayin aboard.The dust is hardly even kicked up and i like how some already have it settling.Just sayin.
    I'm with you. I'm not worried, like, at all. They CAN do this!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

We needed to win this game. Even with a win head to head versus the Pats we still have the Saints on the road looming. We basically needed to win out and have only one more loss to the Saints to have a legit shot at the #2 seed. Pats have us and the Viking left and we all know how that's going to end.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    How is this a must win? We are almost assured a playoffs spot, and honestly not having a bye is probably better considering they always come out slow and rusty after them, and it takes them a half to get going.
    I prefer they not have a bye, as well. Gotta keep the momentum going.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

This team is far better at home than on the road. This game wasn't a must win but it was a shoulda won.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    Confidence level is low. Ben is bad on the road and the Secondary is as bad as it's been in the last 10 seasons. James Conner is exhausted and the #2 back is a practice squad guy, the defensive line rarely has a game that it gets consistent pressure. The most concerning is coaching, it's just not good enough.
    Every value judgment in your post is statistically wrong. Ben has a great road record and suffered his first loss of the season on the road today. The secondary is considerably better than the last ten years, and rates in the top 10 in several categories. They also rank 6th in most passes defended. The defensive line and LBs had more sacks before today than any team in the NFL.

This game was expertly coached. The problem, simply (if flippantly), is too many players not using enough stick'em.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    This team is far better at home than on the road. This game wasn't a must win but it was a shoulda won.
    Again, how do you figure that when they've lost more at home than they have on the road?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

My confidence level for the playoffs didn’t change a bit because of this game. It happens. Especially with Ben. Win the division and see what happens. They play better with adversity so a first round bye may actually hurt them.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’m about a 7/10 at the moment. Maybe win one game and lose the second playoff game. They’ll wind up losing in KC as the 4th seed. I’m seeing a 10-5-1 record.

Conner is gassed. At the point that Bell decided not to return, Conner has been a different player. No direct correlation other than timing. Bell returning would’ve been huge for the depth of the position. Anyway, Conner is not blocking as well as he was, he’s losing the ball. He’s not breaking runs, he’s dropping passes. I’m very concerned at this stage about the RB position. He’s running more like Mendenhall than Bell right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Big ben in the playoffs i don't care what seed. I AM STILL CONFIDENT!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    I'm with you. I'm not worried, like, at all. They CAN do this!

There are 6 or 8 teams that have a legitimate shot of winning every year.

So while the odds are against us, I feel whether we are 6th seed or 1st, if:

1. We peak at the right time and are healthy.
    2. Ben is healthy and in the right frame of mind.

We can beat anyone.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    They are 8 or 10 teams that have a legitimate shot of winning every year.

So while the odds are against us, I feel whether we are 6th seed or 1st, if:

1. We peak at the right time and are healthy.
    2. Ben is healthy and in the right frame of mind.

We can beat anyone.
    #2 is the scary part.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    #2 is the scary part.
    I have to admit... that is true.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

SUPERBOWL........BOOK IT!

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Todays loss was an aberration. The Steelers gift wrapped an early xmas present. D wasn't dominated although getting gashed in the run game is getting frustrating. Road game in Denver with 4 turnovers, all in other teams territory and 3 in red zone. My confidence is the same. They are a step below Saints, Rams, Chiefs, and could lose or beat Pats, Chargers , Colts or Ravens whoever get in. To get to SB they are going to have to upset 2 teams, and to win it will take a third upset IMO. Unlikely but possible. I really wanted them to run ball on first and goal atleast first 2 downs. Even had they scored way too much time on clock left for Denver. I know they moved the ball in air but in second half I really thought they would run more. Especially up by 7 with ball. This loss made things more interesting and stressful unfortunately. Lots of tough football left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    SUPERBOWL........BOOK IT!

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

we just played a near perfect game 2 weeks ago against a likely playoff team in the Panthers.
    We have 5 weeks to work out some mistakes.
    The defense has come around. If we clean up some mistakes on offense, this team can go deep.
    I'm not writing them off yet, especially in the AFC. KC looks the best, but that D is suspect. Pats are always in the conversation, then us. The Pats are more vulnerable than they've been in a long time IMO.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Rotorhead,
    It's because of the seeding. Yes, we're going to the playoffs. The difference is whether we get #2 or #3. If we get #2, NE has to come to us, if we get #3 we have to go to NE. I believe that we can beat NE in Hines Field, but I don't believe we can beat them in Foxboro. We needed this game to control our destiny for that. Now we need help.

*EDIT* Which is not to say that I'm giving up by any stretch. We're going to the playoffs and anything can happen. But our road just got a lot tougher tonight.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

I don't think I could see myself being a fan if I didn't believe we'd win it all every single year. That's what I've done for 15 years.

I think whether or not we do well in the Playoffs will be decided against the Patriots soon. Have to beat them, no more excuses.