Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Confidence Level in this Team for the Playoffs?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: What's Your Confidence Level in this Team for the Playoffs?

Anyone else think that this team needs to miss the playoffs in order for much needed changes to occur and real progress t ok be made? Another postseason appearance may convince the organization that everything is fine and reduce the incentive to make much needed changes

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Anyone else think that this team needs to miss the playoffs in order for much needed changes to occur and real progress t ok be made? Another postseason appearance may convince the organization that everything is fine and reduce the incentive to make much needed changes
    Yes, if it means cleaning the clock completely.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The team held onto Dick Lebeau a three extra years after getting Tebowed, even though the Defense was slipping and he clearly hit his expiration date.

The Steelers also held onto Keith Butler and the Defensive coaching staff this season despite a crashing Defense that finally met its end at the hands of Blake Bortles and the Jaguars, who by the way are a total dumpster fire and are not making the playoffs this season.

Making the playoffs will only convince the organization that nothing needs to be changed, and 2019 will be the same old tired script. Continual teases of brilliance, but constant underachieving (esp on Offense) and not winning anything.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The team held onto Dick Lebeau a three extra years after getting Tebowed, even though the Defense was slipping and he clearly hit his expiration date.

The Steelers also held onto Keith Butler and the Defensive coaching staff this season despite a crashing Defense that finally met its end at the hands of Blake Bortles and the Jaguars, who by the way have proven to be a total fluke and are not making the playoffs this season.

Making the playoffs will only convince the organization that nothing needs to be changed, and 2019 will be the same old tired script. Continual teases of brilliance, but underachieving and not winning anything.
    Rooney is responsible for the Butler show, promising this guy the position without interviewing other coaches. Doesn't the Rooney rule apply here also?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Rooney is responsible for the Butler show, promising this guy the position without interviewing other coaches. Doesn't the Rooney rule apply here also?
    Rooney rule only applies to head coaching and “senior football operations” front office jobs

Butler getting the DC job as a legacy hire was botched - but Tomlin getting more involved with defense after LeBeau moved on has resulted in Butler getting blamed for failures for which he is not solely responsible

But some non-player is going to pay with their job if the Steelers misss the playoffs and it will not be Tomlin or Colbert

My bets are Butler & Porter

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Rooney rule only applies to head coaching and “senior football operations” front office jobs

Butler getting the DC job as a legacy hire was botched - but Tomlin getting more involved with defense after LeBeau moved on has resulted in Butler getting blamed for failures for which he is not solely responsible

But some non-player is going to pay with their job if the Steelers misss the playoffs and it will not be Tomlin or Colbert

My bets are Butler & Porter
    Agreed, but Smith should also go with Tomlin on deck. Bens about done, might as well clean house.

After today, I just don't know. They played the number one seed very close and could have easily won this game had the ball bounced a different way one of several times. On the other hand, as I was telling my friend I was watching the game with, it seems the Football Gods are not with the Steelers this year. They simply aren't getting those bounces or calls or anything else.

Senior Member Array title="The Bark is a jewel in the rough"> The Bark's Avatar

1 and 4 over the last 5. We shouldn't even be discussing this anymore.

Baltimore will beat the Browns and this season will be officially over

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    1 and 4 over the last 5. We shouldn't even be discussing this anymore.
    This.

Baltimore will beat the Browns and this season will be officially over
    And this. Let's face it, I watched the Ravens last night and they are way more of a complete team compared to us. They deserve the division and will beat the Chargers again in two weeks in Baltimore.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    After today, I just don't know. They played the number one seed very close and could have easily won this game had the ball bounced a different way one of several times. On the other hand, as I was telling my friend I was watching the game with, it seems the Football Gods are not with the Steelers this year. They simply aren't getting those bounces or calls or anything else.
    Coaching matters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Season's over. Better be some big changes this offseason.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

This thread was incredibly premature. I curse it.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Season's over. Better be some big changes this offseason.
    Yep, Rooney should be checking his big pink slip list twice, he's going to find out who's been naughty or nice. I hope.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

0 lol we have to hope the stains beat the purple stains and we win

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Playoffs? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Playoffs? No thanks.
    Agree 100%

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

The Steelers have 1 more win than a Cleveland browns team that
    Last won a total of 1 game in the last 2 combined seasons.
    Hasn't seen a playoff game in 15+ years
    Fired their Head Coach before the midway point of the season.
    This should be plastered on Art Rooneys front door.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    Hasn't seen a playoff game in 15+ years.
    Wow, didn't realize that. Scary!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Playoffs? No thanks.
    Really? There's not one team I've seen that we can't beat. Get in and this team could make noise.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What's Your Confidence Level in this Team for the Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Really? There's not one team I've seen that we can't beat. Get in and this team could make noise.
    No they can’t. Lol. They’ll crumble and fold just like they did against the Chargers, just like they did against the Browns, just like they did against the Chiefs, the Saints, the Broncos and the Raiders. Sure they have the ability to beat a team once...maybe...but that’s debatable. This team doesn’t have the coaching staff to win one playoff game at home, one in Kansas City and one in New England and then beat a high powered NFC Offense in the Super Bowl. They’ve lost the ability to win 5 games in a row...

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

No they can’t. Lol. They’ll crumble and fold just like they did against the Chargers, just like they did against the Browns, just like they did against the Chiefs, the Saints, the Broncos and the Raiders. Sure they have the ability to beat a team once...maybe...but that’s debatable. This team doesn’t have the coaching staff to win one playoff game at home, one in Kansas City and one in New England and then beat a high powered NFC Offense in the Super Bowl. They’ve lost the ability to win 5 games in a row...
    If we get in you'll eat those words. You play different with house money. Which in effect is what will happen if they get in. May end up a moot point. But I'm still all in on this team.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If we get in you'll eat those words. You play different with house money. Which in effect is what will happen if they get in. May end up a moot point. But I'm still all in on this team.
    100%

In 2010, the Packers backed into the playoffs on a DeSean Jackson punt return against the NYGiants... and then... the Packers won it all.

It’s me, you, LadySteel, and Craic... and that’s probably about it.

#wasitoverwhenGermanybombedPearlHarbor?

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    100%

In 2010, the Packers backed into the playoffs on a DeSean Jackson punt return against the NYGiants... and then... the Packers won it all.

I'm in it too. It is not over until the playoff picture is complete.

What's Your Confidence Level in this Team for the Playoffs?

If they win the Super Bowl I’ll gladly eat those words but as is, this team is just one big bumbling letdown waiting to happen...lol. If you think otherwise, you’re living in an alternate universe.

I was one of the few that said they’d beat NE and one of the few who said they’d beat the Saints and have consistently said they are one of, if not the best teams on paper in this league. They just don’t have the it factor though. It’s just not there and without that, they will be lucky to win one playoff game...if they can even get in.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    Hasn't seen a playoff game in 15+ years
    And at this point I think, that same Browns team is about a game and a half out of the playoffs. So, the statement really doesn't mean much for this year.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I'm in it too. It is not over until the playoff picture is complete.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

100%

I'm still in but if you're going to use movie quotes...

100%

Except the 2010 Packers had a really good defense. Rodgers defenses in 2009-10 were actually really good, wasn't until Nick Collins suffered a career ending neck injury that the Packers D turned into below league average