Thread: Other than the Rams or Saints, does any other NFC team have a shot at the Super Bowl?

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

Other than the Rams or Saints, does any other NFC team have a shot at the Super Bowl?

Unless an NFC team pulls it all together down the stretch or get hot in the playoffs, other than the Rams and Saints, I don't see any other NFC team as having a chance at making the Super Bowl, let alone winning it. Do you see it the same way?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Other than the Rams or Saints, does any other NFC team have a shot at the Super Bowl?

Yeah,it would be very surprising if it's not the saints or the rams in the Super Bowl.

The Bears have a very good team, but doubtful that Chicago wins 2 games on the road against the rams and the saints.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Other than the Rams or Saints, does any other NFC team have a shot at the Super Bowl?

Crazy as it is, I'd put the Cowboys and Seahawks as the only two dark horses, and those are long shots, but not impossible.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Theoretically, the Bears should have a great shot with a significantly better defense than the Saints and Rams, however I can't get past A. their youth and complete inexperience as a team especially against a Super Bowl champion head coach/QB in Payton and Brees and B. Surrendering 31 points to Osweiler and surrendering that big 2nd half lead to an injured Aaron Rodgers. Will this Bears defense go into L.A. and the Superdome and hold up against those offenses?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The Bears are who we thought they were.

All Defense!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Seattle is the only team I could see knocking the Rams or Saints out. The Bears have a good defense but it’s not good enough to stop either team enough to make up for an offense that isn’t good enough to take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

After watching this past weeks cowboys game with the amount of favorable calls they got they could easily make the playoffs interesting. I saw at least 4 calls that all went in favor of the cowboys. Not that the skins were going to win anyway but that was as lopsided officiated game as I have seen all year.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I'd say the Bears if they somehow managed to get HFA and force the Saints and/or Rams to play in Soldier Field in January.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If it were outside in the cold, both the Saints and Rams become very beatable (by any number of teams). In LA and/or in the Superdome, I see only one.

The saying goes that “defense wins championships.” I read an interesting article a few weeks ago, talking about how there is exactly ONE defense worthy of being called a “good” defense in the current NFL. As the article stated, it is not just yards and points, because anyone can trend for a few weeks (even for half of a season). The article said that this defense has the stats (even though the article was like “Pffft” about those stats), but what this defense has is:
    -a HOF pass-rusher
    -a consistent front-seven
    -a secondary that gets turnovers
    -routinely turns turnover into points

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Minnesota could make a run at it if they play as well as they are playing tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler