Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T.J. Watt Becomes 4th Steeler To Record 10 Sacks In First 10 Games Of A Season

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

T.J. Watt Becomes 4th Steeler To Record 10 Sacks In First 10 Games Of A Season

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: T.J. Watt Becomes 4th Steeler To Record 10 Sacks In First 10 Games Of A Season

Not enough tape on Watt to be a R1 pick.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: T.J. Watt Becomes 4th Steeler To Record 10 Sacks In First 10 Games Of A Season

Remember the "TJ is overrated and overdrafted because of his brother's accomplishments" crowd?

Pepperidge Farm remembers
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Remember the "TJ is overrated and overdrafted because of his brother's accomplishments" crowd?

Pepperidge Farm remembers
    I had my doubts about Watt when we first drafted him. I didn't know much about him so I went and look at his highlight reel. I remember posted in threads that I really liked his motor, but my two complaints were that he didn't seem to have NFL quickness and he didn't have the strength to push past Tackles with good mechanics. The first one I got over pretty quick after watching him play a couple of games. His college tape just wasn't telling the truth. It happens. It's why they send scouts and view multiple games rather than just a few highlights. Once that one was put to rest, I was comfortable because strength, he could gain and he has the work ethic to do so.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

TJ was a scary pick on draft night because he had only limited experience as a rush LB. AND because the need at that position was huge. So far so good I would say. TJ Watt has been a tremendous OLB and worthy of the first round pick, IMO. We have done much worse after all.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    I don't really think that would be a valid argument. Eli and Peyton are both great QBs, and there were the Colquitt brothers (punters) or those Cromartie-guys (mostly CBs). The third Watt brother, Derek, for some reason plays FB so we don't know whether he would be a good pass rusher.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I had my doubts about Watt when he was drafted. Not because of his talents but I just felt like he didn’t fit in. After seeing him play and interacting with the other kids, I feel like he’s turned into a popular kid...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I had my doubts about Watt when he was drafted. Not because of his talents but I just felt like he didn’t fit in. After seeing him play and interacting with the other kids, I feel like he’s turned into a popular kid...lol.

He's definitely running with the cool kids on the playground.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

T.J. is our first outside linebacker to have 10 sacks in a season since James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley both did it in 2010.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

But were they all dong sacks?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

You mean he has more than James Harrison?

That seems impossible the way some people rip young players around here. I guess Harrison didn't get any dong sacks.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

That is exactly why Tomlin was so stupid for starting TJ Watt as a rookie.

Dumb, DUMB, DUMB!!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    That is exactly why Tomlin was so stupid for starting TJ Watt as a rookie.

Dumb, DUMB, DUMB!!!
    But rookies should have to earn their spots, not just be handed positions based on draft status. Also option years and extensions should be earned by a multi-season track record of achievement on the field.

I see nothing wrong with mutually opposed goals!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

If Tomlin started Harrison last year, he'd have 18 sacks right now!!!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    But rookies should have to earn their spots, not just be handed positions based on draft status. Also option years and extensions should be earned by a multi-season track record of achievement on the field.

I see nothing wrong with mutually opposed goals!
    Uh... but... stop whining!!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If Watt and Dupree weren't so lazy and actually got in the weight room and worked they'd each have 3 sacks per game. Like real men.

I blame Roger Goodell. It is why I don't watch any other NFL games and only watch every other series of Steelers games.

Plus, then all my opinions are hot fire!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

If Watt and Dupree weren't so lazy and actually got in the weight room and worked they'd each have 3 sacks per game. Like real men.

I blame Roger Goodell. It is why I don't watch any other NFL games and only watch every other series of Steelers games.

You need to put down the crack pipe.

The top five posters of all time:

1. mo-JO
    2. mo-JO
    3. mo-JO
    4. mo-JO
    5. mo-JO

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The top five posters of all time:

1. mo-JO
    2. mo-JO
    3. mo-JO
    4. mo-JO
    5. mo-JO
    Coming from such a respected football mind as Ozzie "Teegre" Newsome, I'll take it.

We all know why you're back in school. Need a J-O-B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming from such a respected football mind as Ozzie "Teegre" Newsome, I'll take it.

We all know why you're back in school. Need a J-O-B
    #bamaalldayeveryday

And that's why I don't watch any college football or know anything about players coming out in the draft. Because it makes it easier to say all the new players are worthless and lazy and celebrate too much.....and don't get any sacks on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    .....and don't get any sacks on their own.
    TWatt sacks!!!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

TJ is tied for the AFC lead in sacks with his brother JJ.

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

What a draft that is turning into!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    What a draft that is turning into!
    If Artie Burns ever got out of his head, the 2016 draft would be right alongside 2017 as a great draft.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

That Dupree is a powerhouse. They need to sign him to a 5 year $75 million contract.

Why isn't Burns starting? He needs to develop, right? Bench Haden or deactivate him. It's not about the team putting the best players on the field. You need to develop lesser players. Right? ��
    Hater = Realist