Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T.J. Watt Becomes 4th Steeler To Record 10 Sacks In First 10 Games Of A Season

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: T.J. Watt Becomes 4th Steeler To Record 10 Sacks In First 10 Games Of A Season

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    That Dupree is a powerhouse. They need to sign him to a 5 year $75 million contract.

Why isn't Burns starting? He needs to develop, right? Bench Haden or deactivate him. It's not about the team putting the best players on the field. You need to develop lesser players. Right? ��
    Did you see the last super bowl when James Harrison was invisible?!

I mean, sad for you that your hero is retired, but it's time to move on and the stats of TJ Watt is comparable to his brother who is a future HOF.But of course TJ Watt is only a lesser players!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: T.J. Watt Becomes 4th Steeler To Record 10 Sacks In First 10 Games Of A Season

That Dupree is a powerhouse. They need to sign him to a 5 year $75 million contract.

Why isn't Burns starting? He needs to develop, right? Bench Haden or deactivate him. It's not about the team putting the best players on the field. You need to develop lesser players. Right? ��
    Dupree isn't playing at an elite level, but he's been solid this year. I've been critical of him since we drafted him, but he's solid where he's at right now.

Watt looks like he's going to be pro bowl bound. I'm OK with going with both of these guys.

Burns... eh, lol.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Dupree looks as if he's been playing faster the last few games hopefully, he & Watt can draw the best out of each other as the season moves on.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Did you see the last super bowl when James Harrison was invisible?!

I mean, sad for you that your hero is retired, but it's time to move on and the stats of TJ Watt is comparable to his brother who is a future HOF.But of course TJ Watt is only a lesser players!
    In retrospect though, if they’d put TJ on the left side last year, do you think Dupree’s performance would have kept Harrison on the bench all year?

It’s hard to say since it’s possible Dupree would have done much better on that side.

If we still had Harrison this year, would we bench Bud based on his performance? I think probably not. He’s certainly not anywhere near Harrison 10 years ago. But Dupree is playing like an NFL ROLB this year.

Have we seen enough out of Dupree to feel like his arrow is pointing up enough to keep him around and not consider ROLB a position of pressing need?

Are do we all still think he really sucks?

Maybe I’m too much of an optimist. But I’d rather consider CB our most pressing need, and worthy of our first round pick. And I would trade that first round pick in a heartbeat for either Peterson, or even better, Ramsey.

Hopefully find a really good ILB in the second round, and then go for depth everywhere with the rest of our draft.

But I’m such an optimist, I’m really hoping for Thomas to earn the ILB spot next year.

If Ben comes back next year, 2019 should be a better team than 2018.

At least in my hopeful head.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Dupree isn't playing at an elite level, but he's been solid this year. I've been critical of him since we drafted him, but he's solid where he's at right now.

Watt looks like he's going to be pro bowl bound. I'm OK with going with both of these guys.

Burns... eh, lol.
    Imagine if both Burns and Dupree were living up to their maximum potential. And while we’re imagining, what if Shazier never got hurt.

I wonder who we would have taken in the first round. Possibly the same guy we took. Or some other safety.

But we would probably have the best team in the NFL and really wouldn’t have even needed a 2018 draft

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Loved we drafted him and first time in awhile the Steelers picked who I wanted.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

That's some pretty good company right there!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Blah, blah... Kordell sucked... blah, blah.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Why isn't Burns starting? He needs to develop, right? Bench Haden or deactivate him. It's not about the team putting the best players on the field. You need to develop lesser players. Right? 🤣
    The Harrison commentary never ends with you does it?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The Harrison commentary never ends with you does it?
    That’s because Watt sucks...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Something something Kordell Stewart grumpy noises dumb coaches.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

I recall several weeks back when most everyone and their mother were just rampaging and running our defense into the ground.You guys know who you are.There was one optimistic,level-headed poster......(LOL), who believed they would get better the more they played together and had a chance to jell,and get their communication,which was lack-luster to say the least together.So yeah i,m not really that surprised at the way our defense is still continuing to grow each week.Watt is getting better,simply because those around him continue to get more stable at whatever their assignments might be.Not to mention Burnt getting buried deeper and deeper,so deep you'll soon need a back-hoe to reach him on the depth chart.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .