Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game ball @ Jagoffs

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Game ball @ Jagoffs

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I was on another forum(HFboards(Hockey Future), so many stupid Pittsburgh fans there) during the game and there was a legit fan saying this exact thing. Also blaming Tomlin for Ben's struggle.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Some people will never learn. You don't take Ben Roethlisberger out of the equation.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Some people will never learn. You don't take Ben Roethlisberger out of the equation.
    Lets bench a future Hall of Famer for a back up, that will do it!!!
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He wasn’t decisive where he wanted to run at all. It wasn’t patience either it looked like confusion. He dropped several passes, wasn’t paying attention on routes and then dropped what could’ve been the game winning TD. It was a bad effort by him today.
    The dropped pass was huge. The dropped one on the sideline on 4th down was a weak throw and challenged by Ramsey, so I don't fault him there. He wasn't given the opportunity to run the ball much and no attempt was made to establish the run. That falls on the OC for getting away from your strength, early and often in the game.

Game ball :Ben-O line and JuJu. Goat: Fichtner and the Defensive line for majority of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Lets bench a future Hall of Famer for a back up, that will do it!!!
    Yup, they selectively don't remember the decade of come from behind wins, or Dobbs looking crappy against Carolina...all they remember is one completion in double-coverage when Eric Weddle had his back turned.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    The dropped pass was huge. The dropped one on the sideline on 4th down was a weak throw and challenged by Ramsey, so I don't fault him there. He wasn't given the opportunity to run the ball much and no attempt was made to establish the run. That falls on the OC for getting away from your strength, early and often in the game.

Game ball :Ben-O line and JuJu. Goat: Fichtner and the Defensive line for majority of the game.
    The steelers had very little play in the first half ... I mean, in the first 25 minutes, the steelers had only 11 offensive play, so you can not blame Fitchner for the lack of running play, since the steelers have so had very little play.

In the second half, the steelers were behind, so no choice to abandon the running game when the steelers were behind 16-0 or 16-6.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Maybe Ben should try to beat Ramsey again.... That should get this team motivated.
    Not to be one to toot my own horn, but I posted that in the Game Day thread about a minute before they beat Ramsey for the 78 yard TD. Then, the smackdown proceeded and the Steelers were ultimately victorious. Despite my sarcastic post, I am sure Ben got word of it and THAT POST was his motivation to lead the Steelers to victory.

Now, I am not going to take complete credit for the victory or give myself a gameball, however a little bit of credit is due my way.

You are welcome for the win today and I am glad to have helped.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Yes a guy at the bar was talking about how they should put in Dobbs and I came over and told him he didn't know what he was talking about. He told me how press in Pittsburgh hates Ben. Again I laughed. I asked him if he knew how long it took us to replace Bradshaw and he said about 6 seconds. He didn't have a clue. Guy sitting next to me laughed and said I know exactly what you mean he's clueless. We laughed and toasted and sat back watching Ben take over late in the game.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Juju

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Ben was not good until late in the 3rd quarter. The pic from the 9 yard line was gut wrenching. The dive into the Endzone was gut wrenching for the other team. LOL Game ball yeah I guess, but that win was definitely with the D giving us a chance to even be in it. They were far from perfect but keeping them out of the endzone early was crucial.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you sue a team for causing future potential health issues?

Asking for a friend.
    LOL AMEN I am right there with ya' brother

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post

LOL AMEN I am right there with ya' brother
    I shouldn't have to worry about my long term health during a Steelers game

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Game ball. 4th quarter Ben

Goat. First 3 quarters Ben and people in the game day thread calling to put Dobbs in

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

I shouldn't have to worry about my long term health during a Steelers game
    Defibrillator by my side and cardiologist on speed dial. Welcome to my world of being a life long Steeler fan. LOL

Other thing....

Am I the only one to think that the trash talking of the Jaguars were pathetic?....I mean, when you're 3-6 or 4-6 with a win, you shut up!

I could understand their arrogance if the Jags were 6-3 or better, but at 3-6, now 3-7?

Tomlin after the game noted that Chickillo hurt his ankle late in the game. With the team having just 3 OLB's on the roster he may be placed on IR if it's a 2-3 week injury. Either Keion Adams or Ola could take his spot.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Juju
    This

Time for Ben to address JuJu is 1A and not the #2 receiver, if only because what the defenses are giving

Forcing the ball to AB was costly today

I hate night games. I need sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    This

Time for Ben to address JuJu is 1A and not the #2 receiver, if only because what the defenses are giving

Forcing the ball to AB was costly today
    It was costly but the first interception AB was wide open, Ben just under threw it. Would've gone for a huge gain or better yet a touchdown.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Tomlin after the game noted that Chickillo hurt his ankle late in the game. With the team having just 3 OLB's on the roster he may be placed on IR if it's a 2-3 week injury. Either Keion Adams or Ola could take his spot.

Ola,
    Ola

Of course they could just cut someone like Justin Hunter to make room for another OLB. More likely I'll assume.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Other thing....

Am I the only one to think that the trash talking of the Jaguars were pathetic?....I mean, when you're 3-6 or 4-6 with a win, you shut up!

I could understand their arrogance if the Jags were 6-3 or better, but at 3-6, now 3-7?

It's who they are. Nearly the entire team talks all game. I have grown to hate the Jags with the way they are always running their mouths.

Ramsey is an unbelievable player, but I cannot stand all the talk. The things he says off the field in interviews is pathetic and completely lacking class IMO. Showing others respect doesn't diminish anything he does personally.

With that said, he would look great opposite Haden!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Gameball:
    Ben and AB for fighting back after a tough first half,
    defense as a whole for keeping the Steelers in the game
    jags for sitting Landry Jones: I think he would’ve been a tougher matchup for us than Bortles

goats: Conner for dropping that sure TD, have to catch the ball before looking upfield

Conner's drop was a blessing it didn't allow them any time when Ben ultimately scored the game winner

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

The steelers had very little play in the first half ... I mean, in the first 25 minutes, the steelers had only 11 offensive play, so you can not blame Fitchner for the lack of running play, since the steelers have so had very little play.

In the second half, the steelers were behind, so no choice to abandon the running game when the steelers were behind 16-0 or 16-6.
    Maybe if Fichtner decided to run the football, then the Steelers would have had sustained drives in the first half. On drives the first half, Conner was only handed off the ball one time on each drive, except for the 2nd offensive possession where he had 2 rushes for 11 yards. And the 2 drives that resulted in INT he wasn't handed the ball once.

I would suggest that if you have 7 offensive possessions in the first half of the game and you only give the ball to James Conner 5 times in those 7 possessions......that you haven't even started to commit to the run game. Maybe the gameplan was to not give the ball to one of the leading rushers in the NFL?? It sure looked that way.

Game Ball:
    Defense. The didn't allow a TD until the second half and only allowed, what, one trip into the redzone? Unreal.
    Ben for keeping a level head and engineering a comeback.
    JuJu for stepping up when needed.
    Coaches for putting together a great scheme for the defense that kept the game winnable.

Goat:
    Ben. It wasn't even a tail of two halves, but a tale of three quarters and one. We're going to need a better effort than that come December and January (unless, of course, he is able to pull it out in the fourth quarter time after time).
    Conner had a bad game. Meh, it happens. Don't forget he was in concussion protocol last week. I'll give him a pass.
    Whoever flexed this game to Sunday morning. What a stupid move in hindsight.

EDIT: Game ball: Jags mascot.

Yep. That's the Terrible Towel he's stomping on. Half way through the fourth quarter. Someone should have told him what happens when you stomp on the Terrible Towel.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Conner's drop was a blessing it didn't allow them any time when Ben ultimately scored the game winner
    with Bortles I don’t think it would’ve mattered

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Texting with my dad today. In the 4th I texted my dad,"I can't believe Ben threw 3 INTs and is still going to win this game". My dad texted back, "Are you high right now?". We were down 16-6 btw. I texted back,"Be patient".

I just had that feeling about Ben today. He proved me and brought us back from defeat.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Honorable mention to Berry, he had a great game averaging 51 yards on 6 punts, with a long of 63. Probably one of his best games.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

My Game Ball goes to the Jaguars Coaches for the single worst playcalling in the second half that I have ever seen.

Our D played well, especially that they only conceded one TD despite all those turnovers, TJ and Hargrave are the best here.

But our Offense did not really play that good, we really got lucky when one Interception was nullified by one of those stupid roughing the passer penalties, and later when on the final drive an interception in the endzone was nullified by a holding penalty.

In conclusion, we should have lost this game by any standard. But I'll take any win, even if it is like the Cheats who also usually win when they play really bad.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Play of the game: B. Roethlisberger pass intended for J. Ramsey, INTERCEPTED by A. Brown, returned for 78 yards, TOUCHDOWN.