Thread: Steelers Received Another Lump Sum Salary Cap Credit For Bell On Thursday

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Steelers Received Another Lump Sum Salary Cap Credit For Bell On Thursday

On Tuesday Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell failed to report to sign his franchise tag and that of course means he’s no longer eligible to play the remainder of the 2018 season. That also now means that the Steelers are no longer on the hook for the $14.544 million they were charged against their salary cap earlier this season for placing the franchise tag on Bell.
    Throughout this season the Steelers had been gradually credited back salary cap money due to Bell not reporting and on Thursday another lump sum credit of $5,988,706 on the NFLPA website, which equates to seven weeks at $855,529. In summation, it now appears as the Steelers have been fully credited for Bell’s $14.544 million salary cap charge.
    In case you’re keeping score at home, the NFLPA website shows the Steelers as being $18,451,587 under this year’s salary cap as of Friday morning. The team, as stipulated in the CBA, should also once again be able to roll over all of this year’s unused salary cap money to 2019 should they choose to do so.
    I’ll post a more complete breakdown of the Steelers 2019 salary cap situation when we get closer to the end of the 2018 season and that will
    of course include an outlook of what all might transpire business-wise during the offseason.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/11/st...l-on-thursday/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers Received Another Lump Sum Salary Cap Credit For Bell On Thursday

If they roll over that full amount and spend it in 2019, when 2020 comes, do they have to get rid of that money, meaning be back down to the norm?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Somebody dropped off a big lump sum bag of credit?

Store it next to the bag o tax writeoffs.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

They will give bonuses to those who deserve it like the OL. They should also give Conner a fat one.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If they roll over that full amount and spend it in 2019, when 2020 comes, do they have to get rid of that money, meaning be back down to the norm?
    Are they roll over minutes!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

As I’ve said in every Bell thread...

Use that money to extend Mike Hilton (3 years / $14.5 million).

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    As I’ve said in every Bell thread...

Use that money to extend Mike Hilton (3 years / $14.5 million).
    Pouncey needs to be extended also. Free agent after the 2019 season.

I expect a few contract extensions during the off season. Ben may get one also, he is deserving of it.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Pouncey needs to be extended also. Free agent after the 2019 season.

I expect a few contract extensions during the off season. Ben may get one also, he is deserving of it.
    Indeed. IMO, those players were already in the “plans.” This $14.5 million is a bonus.

If Hilton was also already in the plans... maybe trade for Jalen Ramsey (that $14.5 million should cover a good portion of his salary).

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Indeed. IMO, those players were already in the “plans.” This $14.5 million is a bonus.

If Hilton was also already in the plans... maybe trade for Jalen Ramsey (that $14.5 million should cover a good portion of his salary).

That would be incredible, but there's no way they would trade him to the Steelers.

.....or would they?

Imagine having that monster opposite Haden. I could learn to live with his big mouth, but I'm not sure the organization would be willing to do the same.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Why would the Jaguars trade Ramsey?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Ramsey tweeted that he's out of there. Who knows what that means or what he might demand.

I guess there's always a possibility.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    That would be incredible, but there's no way they would trade him to the Steelers.

.....or would they?

Imagine having that monster opposite Haden. I could learn to live with his big mouth, but I'm not sure the organization would be willing to do the same.
    Trading for Ramsey this off-season would be the best use of the Leveon Bell cap credit. Almost any of the proposed extensions have been for players that one assumes were already in the Steelers plans, so they likely had something figured out. I literally can not think of a better way to use the money. Unless it was to clone AB.

If he was on the team everyone would just start thinking about his constant stream of talk as "competitive" or "bold leadership" or "playing with emotion".

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Ramsey tweeted that he's out of there. Who knows what that means or what he might demand.

I guess there's always a possibility.
    I didn’t realize that he tweeted that. If that is the case, I’d give up Ricky Williams type Compensation for him...lol

.....or would they?

If any coach could handle Jalen Ramsey’s ego, it is Tomlin.

If any coach could handle Jalen Ramsey’s ego, it is Tomlin.

I'm not worried about Tomlin handling him. I'm worried that the Jags would never trade him to the Steelers, and that the organization would just give a hard no on acquiring him because of his mouth and the chemistry they have developed on the current roster after just jettisoning some disruptive forces.

I'm not worried about Tomlin handling him. I'm worried that the Jags would never trade him to the Steelers, and that the organization would just give a hard no on acquiring him because of his mouth and the chemistry they have developed on the current roster after just jettisoning some disruptive forces.
    Those are all valid points.

I just see Ramsey as a generational type of CB. Really. AB got him a few times; so did JuJu, but they get everyone. Ramsey is overly cocky, but all of the great CBs have been. If the Steelers were to somehow acquire him, we’d be set on defense (despite having “holes” at ILB and OLB).

Ergo, maaaaybe Colbert pulls the trigger.