Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Week 11 Around The NFL

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Week 11 Around The NFL

Can't be dropping those at this point, Kelce.

- - - Updated - - -

LET'S GO RAMS!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

:25 left.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

YES! RAMS INTERCEPT THE BALL.

GAME OVER!

:13 left.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Rams win, damn what a game

Mahomes picked twice down the stretch. Ooh. That’s not gonna be a good look.

Rams win a thriller. 54-51.

Final Score:

Rams 54

Chiefs 51

Chiefs are in a bad spot. Their Defense is so awful that Mahomes has to be near-perfect for them to win.

Not sustainable in January.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Arena Football

Mahomes and Goff combine for 800+ yards passing.

Mahomes with 6 TD’s but picked three times. You throw for 6 TD’s and you lose.

This is why the Chiefs don’t scare me. Their offense is amazing, but their Defense is horrendous.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Arena Football
    54-51? More like NCAA basketball.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Damn that was one exciting game!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Week 11 Around The NFL

Both of those teams last night showed they can be beaten with a solid pass rush and getting to the QB. If the Steelers were to face either one, as long as the O-Line and Ben show up, the defense plays the way they have been, they’d have as good a chance as anyone to pull out a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I don't think I ever scored that much in paper football.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Mahomes and Goff combine for 800+ yards passing.

Mahomes with 6 TD’s but picked three times. You throw for 6 TD’s and you lose.

This is why the Chiefs don’t scare me. Their offense is amazing, but their Defense is horrendous.
    But you can win a super bowl in 2018 even if the defense is horrendous...This is 2018!!!

The rams are 10-1 but they have allowed 30 points or more 5 times.(all in the last 8 games)

Surprising that the chiefs only allowed 30 points or more 3 times this year, but it was 37 vs. Steelers, 43 vs. Pats and 54 vs. rams.They are now 28th for points allowed.

The Saints after a slow start play much better defense lately .... 6 games of 20 points or less allowed ... but of course they gave 35 against the Rams.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The rams are 10-1 but they have allowed 30 points or more 5 times.(all in the last 8 games)

Surprising that the chiefs only allowed 30 points or more 3 times this year, but it was 37 vs. Steelers, 43 vs. Pats and 54 vs. rams.They are now 28th for points allowed.

The Saints after a slow start play much better defense lately .... 6 games of 20 points or less allowed ... but of course they gave 35 against the Rams.
    Saints defensive stats might be skewed by their opponents, although the way the Saints are scoring it may not matter.

After beating Atlanta 43-37 in OT the Saints have played Giants (18 pts), Redskins (19 pts), Ravens (20 pts), Vikings (20 pts), Rams (35 pts), Bengals without AJ Green (14 pts) and Eagles (7 pts). Rams are the only top 10 offense in that group.

With regard to last night's basketball game, interesting article on how defensive backs might become second class citizens in terms of salary as money goes to those who can pressure the QB

The parameters of the league in 2018 almost completely nullify a defense’s ability to slow down an offense over an extended period of time. But they don’t necessarily limit the possibility of game-swinging plays. Takeaways and defensive touchdowns are typically the result of a dominant front four, and while playing defensive back may be tougher than ever, affecting the game as a pass rusher has never been easier. As the quality of offensive line play around the league drops and the sheer number of pass-rushing opportunities rises thanks to the passing boom, a player like Aaron Donald or Dee Ford has more chances to alter a game than ever before....

There’s a chance that as the effectiveness gap between pass rushers and defensive backs starts to grow, the chasm between their contracts will widen even more than it already has. Of the 10 highest-paid defensive players in the league, all of them are defensive linemen or edge rushers.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/1...uction-schemes

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    54-51? More like NCAA basketball.
    That's more points than a Dean Smith/4 corners stall in the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Arena Football
    Yep. Although I enjoyed watching last night's game, I would never want to watch that for each and every game. It would become quite boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Both of those teams last night showed they can be beaten with a solid pass rush and getting to the QB. If the Steelers were to face either one, as long as the O-Line and Ben show up, the defense plays the way they have been, they’d have as good a chance as anyone to pull out a victory.
    I agree. They aren't anything special, in my opinion. Ben knows how to put on an aerial show, as well, and the Steelers put up more points (+1) against the Panthers than the Chiefs did against the Rams. Granted, the Panthers suck, but just sayin'.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

By the way. Sean McVays clock management at the end of the game? Perhaps some of the worst I’ve seen all time...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Remember when the QB class of the 2017 NFL draft was supposed to be weak....With Watson and Mahomes, it's far to be weak and the one in Chicago is not bad too.

The QB draft class of 2018 seems to be weak at the moment .... I think Mayfield is going to be fine if he has a good coaching staff, but the other 3 who have been taken in the top 10, it's worrisome...Of course, we can say the same thing for Jared Goff in 2016 but an offensive mind like McVay is very hard to find!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Well, this aerial circus fad is just that IMO: A fad.
    Everyone will remember why rushing and defense are important once the weather turns nasty in the playoffs.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The NFL's dream, OB"s WR's, DB's & 1 RB for each team. No D-line, No Oline or LB'ers, no kick off or punt returns.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I agree, it was an exciting game and because of pathetic defense on both sides, I kind of figured which ever team had the ball at the end would win the game. Both teams offense did well, but I think any good pass rushing ( as showed on Mahomes) freaked the QB and caused mistakes...interceptions and fumbles. A good defense, I think, could beat these teams. Which proved the point....Rams defense won the game. I think it was fun to watch, but I wouldn't want to watch this type of game all the time. It's like a basketball game where both teams just run back and forth hitting shots and no defense between.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The funny thing about the Monday night game is that both teams needed defensive TDs to get to 50 (albeit both defenses were overall shit otherwise)