Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Le'Veon Bell - Ex-Steeler Thread

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The Official Le'Veon Bell - Ex-Steeler Thread

Bell is no longer a Steeler. I figured it was time to stop posting in threads where he was still connected to the team. I realize technically the Steelers can still control his rights. But for all intents and purposes, Bell is now an ex-Steeler.

I would expect Bell to begin a public spin tour in which he plays the martyr within the next few days.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The Official Le'Veon Bell - Ex-Steeler Thread

Put this thread on the around in the NFL section!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

It' like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer says if a person goes into a coma you are free to start looting their apartment.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Bell is no longer a Steeler. I figured it was time to stop posting in threads where he was still connected to the team. I realize technically the Steelers can still control his rights. But for all intents and purposes, Bell is now an ex-Steeler.

I would expect Bell to begin a public spin tour in which he plays the martyr within the next few days.
    I guess he is too busted up over Stan Lee to tweet anything for now or reply to Ben

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bell has lost all of his allies and most of his friends. His family might not even invite him to Thanksgiving dinner because he has not brought home a paycheck in almost a year.
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I guess he is too busted up over Stan Lee to tweet anything for now or reply to Ben

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

I suggest a BAN on mentioning Bells name at all..forbidden on on this site...he's gone lets move on!

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Thug life

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

That's not right Everybody knows you handle your exes belongings with respect after a breakup. Put that shit in a cardboard box out on the curb.

... At the very least throw it out on the lawn.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    That's not right Everybody knows you handle your exes belongings with respect after a breakup. Put that shit in a cardboard box out on the curb.

... At the very least throw it out on the lawn.
    No way, you pawn that shit ASAP. Or at least sell it for ridiculously low prices on Craigslist.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    No way, you pawn that shit ASAP. Or at least sell it for ridiculously low prices on Craigslist.
    I don't want to be a fun-suck or detract from the funny (it *is* funny), but looting the dude's personal belongings is kinda low- rent and I think it's a bad look for us.
    Better to have a charity auction or something like that instead.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Martavis Bryant - Cancer - gone
    Todd Haley - Cancer - gone
    Le'Veon Bell - Cancer - gone

James Conner - Kills Cancer

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to be a fun-suck or detract from the funny (it *is* funny), but looting the dude's personal belongings is kinda low- rent and I think it's a bad look for us.
    Better to have a charity auction or something like that instead.
    lol the guy is going to make 20 million dollars next year, I'm sure he could easily buy another pair of jordans

lol the guy is going to make 20 million dollars next year, I'm sure he could easily buy another pair of jordans
    It'd be hilarious if nobody wanted him, ends up playing in Oakland for 14M/ yr.
    But it's not about him, it's about *us*. I was raised to believe that you treat another man's property with respect, especially if you don't like him.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

It'd be hilarious if nobody wanted him, ends up playing in Oakland for 14M/ yr.
    But it's not about him, it's about *us*. I was raised to believe that you treat another man's property with respect, especially if you don't like him.
    It'd be more hilarious if teams were put off by his erratic behavior and he ended up with nothing but conditional or incentive-laden contract offers with not much guaranteed up front.

And even funnier if that was under the transition tag and we matched it. But then traded him.

Or the funniest outcome of all, getting pulled over in Miami in a car that smells like pot, and all the further hilarity that ensues.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

A fond farewell and FU from who has become my favorite Steeler

His teammates did not offer much when asked if Bell might some day have regrets for skipping the entire season, even if the Steelers go on to win a Super Bowl.

“I have no idea, I really don’t care,” DeCastro said. “At the end of the day, it’s his decision. You have to respect that from his business standpoint or whatever you want to call it. You just move on with life. I just wish he would have communicated a little better, but hindsight is what it is.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201811140163

His business move is like selling lemonade for 25 cents a glass, but costs 50 cents a glass to make.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

You forgot Mike "Bite on a play fake, make the Tackle 20 yards downfield and dance" Mitchell. Who was a major underachieving cancer and is also gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    You forgot Mike "Bite on a play fake, make the Tackle 20 yards downfield and dance" Mitchell. Who was a major cancer and is also gone.
    good point

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    You forgot Mike "Bite on a play fake, make the Tackle 20 yards downfield and dance" Mitchell. Who was a major underachieving cancer and is also gone.
    I almost wondered if Mitchell was a closet Jacksonville fan on that play. YES! I tackled them for a 20 yard gain!!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Martavis Bryant - Cancer - gone
    Todd Haley - Cancer - gone
    Le'Veon Bell - Cancer - gone

James Conner - Kills Cancer

- - - Updated - - -

Abso-freaking-lutely!!!

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

With the way he handled this I’m glad he’s gone, I never liked his lack of breakaway speed, (always thought he was a bit overrated)

todd Haley, Martavis Bryant, Mitchell, and now Bell.....seems the Steelers problem children are all ex Steelers now.

the team maybe better for it.

Addition by subtraction.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Goodbye Leveon!!!

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

And of course Antwon Blake is also gone.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    And of course Antwon Blake is also gone.
    I think he was better than Artie Burns.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar