Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official Le'Veon Bell - Ex-Steeler Thread

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: The Official Le'Veon Bell - Ex-Steeler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The fifth sign of the apocalypse reads:
    “And yon, Teegre agreeeth with Skip Bayless.”

That happens almost as often as the end of the universe in the Mayan calendar.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'll give him more Shoes!

He has all the shoes anyone can ask for, but there is only one Shoes!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It’s pretty much standard practice. Nothing in the locker was Bells personal items. It was all team issued at the beginning of the season that went unused. Just happens to be a premiere player that’s in the news for making a poor decision.

Media trying to make a story about nothing.
    Normally, yes. And, they were basically just packing up his belongings (to ship back to him/to send to Goodwill).

But, several of the players were posting the videos of this... which isn’t normally done. Jeremy Fowler says that it was all in jest, but I’ve followed football for a long time, and I’ve never seen the “packing up of a player’s locker” filmed & posted for others to see. The filming & posting was intentional.

btw: Aditi was wearing his jacket. When asked if it was Bell’s, she replied (something to the effect of): “I found it in a box.”

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Should have drafted Eddie Lacy instead!

this is probably the 15th time I’ve posted this line. Anytime Bell did something stupid Starting with Bell getting high with Blount. Just wanted to throw it out there one last time.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post

this is probably the 15th time I’ve posted this line. Anytime Bell did something stupid Starting with Bell getting high with Blount. Just wanted to throw it out there one last time.

definitely in the running for most distracting avatar ever
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post

Get it out of your system!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    definitely in the running for most distracting avatar ever
    she looks like one of my ex gf's, but with 3x the bewbs

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Bucky Brooks is at it again. He accused the Steelers players of “looting” Bell’s possessions and “breaking the law.” Brooks also called them “immature.”

Bucky Brooks is at it again. He accused the Steelers players of “looting” Bell’s possessions and “breaking the law.” Brooks also called them “immature.”

What happened to Bucky Brooks? I always liked him and valued his opinions, but since he has become more accessible on TV some of his opinions have become a little off the wall at times.

I understand what he said about teams getting enough on film to make adjustments late in the season. That is true. But that tends to work more with quarterbacks, where they give them defensive sets and looks that make them do things they aren't as good at. The problem with saying that about Conner is that he is playing against 8-man fronts a lot now. When defenses are getting physically beaten, it's hard to scheme against that consistently. Sure, they can try to do things to take the run away, but they are gambling that Ben doesn't pull the ball out of his gut in play action and burn the defense with the pass. Conner and the OL can defeat the defense's attempt to shut down the run and pop bigger runs if he gets to the second level.

Any time a defense can't hold their own playing straight up, they need to gamble with numbers to take it away in the form of blitzes or bringing defenders closer to the LOS. It's a gamble that can be exploited. Bucky should know this. The Steelers aren't fooling anyone with scheme. They are executing their blocks and Conner is reading the blocks and seeing the hole.

It's not like they're fooling people with the running game.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Probably mad about his ridiculous "LeVeon's absence is hurting AB" article back in September being proven to be ridiculous

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Bucky Brooks evaluated Jarvis Jones as a great pass rusher with elite first step quickness. There is an article where he compared Jones first step to that of Von Miller. I wouldn't value Bucky Brooks opinion of what paper towel to use.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brooks: Jones dominated SEC
    Jarvis Jones is the best pass rusher in the 2013 draft class. He totaled 28 sacks and 44 tackles for loss over the past two seasons in the SEC, which is considered the best college football conference by coaches and scouts around the NFL. Jones' dominance in this league is not only indicative of his remarkable skills as a pass rusher, but it also suggests that he will have a similar impact as a pro, due to the fact that he produced at an All-American level against top-notch competition. Back in my scouting days, I always looked at how elite prospects fared against the toughest competition they faced. Jones tallied 11 of his 14.5 sacks in 2012 against SEC competition: Missouri (2), Vanderbilt (1), South Carolina (1), Florida (3), Auburn (2) and Alabama (2). Additionally, he performed very well in the Bulldogs' biggest conference showdowns (against Alabama, Florida and South Carolina), which tells me he has the moxie to handle the pressure of playing on the big stage. Not to mention, two of his sacks came against Nebraska as part of a brilliant effort in the Capital One Bowl, his final college game.From a talent perspective, Jones displays exceptional first-step quickness and snap-count anticipation. This allows him to routinely blow past blockers on the edge with dip-and-rip maneuvers

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...r-in-nfl-draft

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Bucky Brooks evaluated Jarvis Jones as a great pass rusher with elite first step quickness. There is an article where he compared Jones first step to that of Von Miller. I wouldn't value Bucky Brooks opinion of what paper towel to use.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jarvis Jones is the best pass rusher in the 2013 draft class. He totaled 28 sacks and 44 tackles for loss over the past two seasons in the SEC, which is considered the best college football conference by coaches and scouts around the NFL. Jones' dominance in this league is not only indicative of his remarkable skills as a pass rusher, but it also suggests that he will have a similar impact as a pro, due to the fact that he produced at an All-American level against top-notch competition. Back in my scouting days, I always looked at how elite prospects fared against the toughest competition they faced. Jones tallied 11 of his 14.5 sacks in 2012 against SEC competition: Missouri (2), Vanderbilt (1), South Carolina (1), Florida (3), Auburn (2) and Alabama (2). Additionally, he performed very well in the Bulldogs' biggest conference showdowns (against Alabama, Florida and South Carolina), which tells me he has the moxie to handle the pressure of playing on the big stage. Not to mention, two of his sacks came against Nebraska as part of a brilliant effort in the Capital One Bowl, his final college game.From a talent perspective, Jones displays exceptional first-step quickness and snap-count anticipation. This allows him to routinely blow past blockers on the edge with dip-and-rip maneuvers

I didn't agree with him then.....and we all sure as hell don't agree with him now after watching him play.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

good ole Bucky the Buffoon

- - - Updated - - -

what Bucky failed ot do in this eval was ....

Note who the Tackles where for those SEC teams ( note not any of them where all that ) DJ Fluker I believe was the highest ranked one of the bunch if memory serves me ( to lazy to go look because well...I just do not care enough )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Probably mad about his ridiculous "LeVeon's absence is hurting AB" article back in September being proven to be ridiculous
    Like this article...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...n-mack-for-mvp

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Hi, guys! My internet was out for 2 days after an ice storm so here's some tweets relating the the "looting". (I only post them from my PC, so much easier). If they've been posted else where, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Yep and of now Bucky is trying to double down feebly claiming the Steelers Super Bowl chances took a hit because of news breaking that a player who hasn't played on a 6-2-1 team will not be reporting for the rest of the year http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...on-bells-value

I swear, the Steelers could lose in this postseason 41-38 with Conner surpassing 150 total yards and scoring 2 TDs, and Bucky will be like "Steelers lost because they didn't have Le'Veon, they really needed Le'Veon"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...2wFFbDRGaxNGgU

Another one of Bucky's greatest hits from summer 2014: "Tony Romo is a more clutch QB than Big Ben"

Bell is not a loss for the steelers, since he has not played a game this year ... Brooks do not understand that ...

Focus on the players we have!

- - - Updated - - -

I swear, the Steelers could lose in this postseason 41-38 with Conner surpassing 150 total yards and scoring 2 TDs, and Bucky will be like "Steelers lost because they didn't have Le'Veon, they really needed Le'Veon"

And his people would say that our defense was not rested enough because we did not have Bell!

I heard this after the game against the chiefs even if the steelers had 32 minutes of time of possession in this game.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    But isn't "retiring" and un retiring a couple times effectively …...purposely sitting out??

But isn't "retiring" and un retiring a couple times effectively …...purposely sitting out??
    Considering Favre hasn't missed a regular season game from September 1992 to December 2010, not sure that is a fair comparison.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

I think this is a perfect time to bring up an old post from steelreserve about Mike Wallace in the summer of 2012, because this is probably Le'Veon's career path as well

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post297757

1. Squawk about how much money you deserve to be paid
    2. Fine, you get your $10M a year contract by leaving in FA or bitching and moaning enough to force a trade
    3. Your new team can't fill other obvious needs because you and one other guy, usually a pass rusher, are taking up a sixth of the salary cap space
    4. The team has a bad year
    5. Your numbers go way down as a result of #4
    6. You're labeled a guy who took it easy after getting the big contract
    7. You complain that you aren't getting the ball enough; the pass rusher complains about how he's being used
    9. You're labeled a malcontent
    10. You make it two or three years through your big contract, and are then cut or traded as a disappointment
    11. You never see the big-money years at the end of the big contract
    11a. It turns out your big contract was more like 3 years and $18M, so the joke's on you
    11b. You sure still spend your money like you were on a $50M contract, though! Any day you're going to get another one.
    12. You hire a new personal trainer and vow to come back better than ever
    13. You end up signing a one-year prove-it deal for $1M and are kept on a short leash
    14. You don't do well enough for another big contract
    15. Repeat for rest of your career (which is either next major injury or next time you have a bad season and are labeled a malcontent)
    16. See 11b. You're broke!
    17. People laugh at you for being another dumb NFL guy who wasted his talent and squandered his money

Your agent doesn't care about any of this, by the way. He already got his money, and he has other clients.
    Edits: replace $10 mil a year with $15 mil a year @ #2

It sounds like Bucky was promised a 1:1 interview with Bell upon Bell’s return. Bucky laid the groundwork of Bell being the savior... that way, when Bell returned, Bucky would write about how Bell had “saved” the Steelers’ season.

Then, James Conner went and spoiled Bucky & Bell’s plans.

#Connerisadoodoohead
    #Bellshouldhavebeenthesavior
    #whoisMikeMunchack???

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

And I want Santa to bring me a Porsche 911 Turbo S for Christmas

Transition tag him and keep trying to get value for his rights that the Steelers currently hold according to the CBA.

He doesn't have to play for the Steelers ever again, but still try and maximize what we get from some team that WILL pay what he wants.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Transition tag him and keep trying to get value for his rights that the Steelers currently hold according to the CBA.

He doesn't have to play for the Steelers ever again, but still try and maximize what we get from some team that WILL pay what he wants.
    Steelers might do this just so the league and owners can go to arbitration and establish that sitting out a year won't totally get you to unrestricted free agency.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Steelers might do this just so the league and owners can go to arbitration and establish that sitting out a year won't totally get you to unrestricted free agency.
    IMO, him sitting out a year shouldn’t qualify as a tag and a team should be able to use it again if the player no shows for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

My understanding is the Steelers get nothing from transition tag other than right to match the other team's offer

Apparently the $$$ the Steelers must offer to hit Bell with the transition tag next season was a factor in Bell not reporting

The Steelers and Le'Veon Bell both made closing pushes leading up to Tuesday's deadline to iron out a deal that would have brought him back to Pittsburgh this season, but neither side could finalize an agreement, league sources told ESPN.

The Steelers were told that if they were willing to not use their franchise or transition tag on Bell after this season, he would consider reporting to the team, according to sources. But the Steelers declined Bell's request because they felt the tag was too important to forgo.

The Steelers were told that if they were willing to not use their franchise or transition tag on Bell after this season, he would consider reporting to the team, according to sources. But the Steelers declined Bell's request because they felt the tag was too important to forgo....

The management council believes the Steelers will be able to use a $9.5 million transition tag on Bell this offseason that would give Pittsburgh the chance to match any offer sheet that the Pro Bowl running back signs with another team. The council believes the $9.5 million salary should be based on his salary this year, which Bell forfeited by not reporting.

But the NFLPA believes that the transition tag must be $14.54 million -- which would be 120 percent of Bell's salary from the last franchise tag that he played under in 2017.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...abor-precedent

IMO if this is the reason Bell did not report it is stubbornness on the part of the Steelers. Bell will not get the deal he wants but it will be larger than the Steelers will be willing to match.