Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben Roethlisberger has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: Ben Roethlisberger has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Well deserved. He had a great game with some #fantasy level numbers... and you can't discount the couple "Vintage Ben" style runs he sprinkled in.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Well deserved. He had a great game with some #fantasy level numbers... and you can't discount the couple "Vintage Ben" style runs he sprinkled in.
    LOL,ihad to laugh at his blazing 7.8 speed.Or what ever he runs the 40 in.He has that deceptive speed thing going on.He is slower than you think.The defense overplays their hands ,and Ben gets a few more yards.Always a chance for a flag on a play such as that.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    LOL,ihad to laugh at his blazing 7.8 speed.Or what ever he runs the 40 in.He has that deceptive speed thing going on.He is slower than you think.The defense overplays their hands ,and Ben gets a few more yards.Always a chance for a flag on a play such as that.
    Also a chance for an injury - I feared he was out for significant time if not the season after the hit in the Ravens game

As SteelMember posts above, Ben is running past the line of scrimmage for yardage more often this year - that may not end well

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    you can't discount the couple "Vintage Ben" style runs he sprinkled in.
    I enjoyed those as much as the air raid he subjected them to. Especially that one Bettis- style first down run where he was dragging 3 defenders along on his back. This was a statement game for Ben, and he did it with a broken finger.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Also a chance for an injury - I feared he was out for significant time if not the season after the hit in the Ravens game

As SteelMember posts above, Ben is running past the line of scrimmage for yardage more often this year - that may not end well
    "We can not live in our fears."

The "vintage Ben" quote was actually from Ramon Foster on that running subject of Ben. I think it not only has to do with the more he seems to be doing it, but more to the fact that he's also a "lighter" version of Ben from the past few years and he looks a lot better... even if it isn't always the safest choice. I think it's more of a joke for the O-line. lol

Foster also commented about the scuffle after the Reid hit. Said David (DeCastro) "blacked out for a few minutes there... and he's done it before". He definitely saw red, but maybe he's an accountant.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Big Ben for president

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’m in. Couldn’t be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Good for Ben and, I hope he can stay healthy. I just glad he did not stumble like Marsha did!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

MVP!!!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    MVP!!!
    Should be in the conversation. Close to leading the league in passing yardage and I think Mahomes (leader) has a full game on him.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I’m predicting an MVP type run of games for Ben. He’s on fire. If Washington can get involved too. Wow! Perfect timing for Ben’s heroics as well. If not for Mahomes, this could be the year Ben wins MVP.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Congrats to Ben! I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

It will be hard for Ben to win the MVP or be in the race this year with the season that Mahomes and Brees have.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It will be hard for Ben to win the MVP or be in the race this year because his name is Ben Roethlisberger.
    Fixed!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    ^ This was the question I was just about to ask
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Do you think he got it because of the QB sneaks or the 158.3?
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Do you think he got it because of the QB sneaks or the 158.3?
    The 158.3, clearly. But that's not why he deserved it IMO. He wasn't just some dude displaying magically- delicious ball throwing skills and breaking down defenses, he was doing all of the difficult things that a guy does who *really* wants to win a football game. I don't know what was said or who said it, but Ben played like a dude who was *seriously* pissed off against Carolina that night and wanted to prove a point.
    I don't remember exactly how many perfect games Ben has had in the past. I know he's up there near the top of the list. I've seen him produce "more perfect" perfect games than this, but all those times he just came off as a guy who the football Gods smiled upon and was having a good time.
    This time it was like Ben *himself* had transformed into a vengeful and merciless football God. He smote his enemy without pity or mercy, and it was weirdly hypnotic to watch.
    I'm glad he's on *our* side...
    Last edited by GoSlash27; 11-14-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    "In Ben we Trust"!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Ben always gets hurt when he plays against the Ravens and once he does he plays even more focused than he already was. I am with SteelMember can't live in our fears!!!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    "In Ben we Trust"!!!

You know it, brother! Heath is my true love (), but I wouldn't trade Ben for any other QB in the world. I'm a Ben homer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    The 158.3, clearly. But that's not why he deserved it IMO. He wasn't just some dude displaying magically- delicious ball throwing skills and breaking down defenses, he was doing all of the difficult things that a guy does who *really* wants to win a football game. I don't know what was said or who said it, but Ben played like a dude who was *seriously* pissed off against Carolina that night and wanted to prove a point.
    I don't remember exactly how many perfect games Ben has had in the past. I know he's up there near the top of the list. I've seen him produce "more perfect" perfect games than this, but all those times he just came off as a guy who the football Gods smiled upon and was having a good time.
    This time it was like Ben *himself* had transformed into a vengeful and merciless football God. He smote his enemy without pity or mercy, and it was weirdly hypnotic to watch.
    Ben was like, "Watch this, Superman... I still got it, you young whippernsapper."

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Clearly he won for the “smote” part.

- - - Updated - - -

Ben has the most perfect games in NFL history. He has 4 - tied with P. Manning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._passer_rating

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s an article about it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoot...er-rating/amp/

- - - Updated - - -

J

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoot...er-rating/amp/

- - - Updated - - -

Remember way back when some people wanted to trade him to the Rams for the #1 pick. We would have gotten Sam Bradford.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

You know it, brother! Heath is my true love (), but I wouldn't trade Ben for any other QB in the world. I'm a Ben homer.

- - - Updated - - -

Ben was like, "Watch this, Superman... I still got it, you young whippernsapper."
    HEEEEEEEATH!!! was always a special player.

As for Ben I'm sure you couldn't tell by my avatar who my favorite player is. LOL I have relentlessly defended him on this very board and will always continue to do so. Ben will be missed by this fanbase when he is gone, hopefully we won't have to worry about that anytime soon. I too would not trade him for any other player in the world. Brady cheated and I continue to say that is the reason for his success, Peyton was only good if things went by script and early on blamed others for loses, Brees is great but I doubt he could do what Ben did with the o-line Ben had early in his career, Rodgers is very Ben like, but has only been to 1 superbowl Ben is still better. Because of his toughness I sincerely believe that Ben could have played in any era and had great success, can't say that of any others. Sorta like Fouts only better.
    Last edited by Butch; 11-15-2018 at 06:33 AM.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Remember way back when some people wanted to trade him to the Rams for the #1 pick. We would have gotten Sam Bradford.
    I seem to recall that one as well as the one where someone suggested we trade Ben and get Booger Butt Fumble Sanchez.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Ben has 4 perfect games.

Peyton also has 4 perfect games, but in one of those games, he only threw the ball 9 times.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

The last 4 out of 5 MVP's ending up losing in the Super Bowl so with that said, I'd rather Ben not be the MVP and the Steelers win the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    The last 4 out of 5 MVP's ending up losing in the Super Bowl so with that said, I'd rather Ben not be the MVP and the Steelers win the Super Bowl.
    The last player to win the MVP and the super bowl in the same year is Kurt Warner in 1999....9 of his players have been in the Super Bowl since 2000, but they are 0-9 combined!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Ben has 4 perfect games.

Peyton also has 4 perfect games, but in one of those games, he only threw the ball 9 times.
    What game did Manning only throw 9 times? Did he play the full game?? If so, that’s a rare one...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    What game did Manning only throw 9 times? Did he play the full game?? If so, that’s a rare one...
    In fact he only throw 7 times and the game was in week 17 in 2008 and he has only play one drive.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0812280clt.htm