Thread: AFC North dysfunction

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

AFC North dysfunction

With recent moves, news, and notes regarding teams in the AFC North, exactly how dysfunctional is this division?

1. Steelers: The entire LVB saga. To the point that he will simply fade away with zero closure after 2 years of non-stop drama by him, the media, fans, etc.

2. Ravens: Seriously looks like the end of the Newsome, Harbaugh, Flacco era. Maybe not true dysfunction but definitely an uncertain future at this point.

3. Bengals: Marvin Lewis. Burfict. Rehire of Hugh Jackson as ‘special consultant to HC’, whatever that is. The Bengals make no sense, and haven’t made sense in a decade. Yet they continue to stay the course of failure.

4.Browns: Browns. Head coaches, QBs, trades, decades of inconsistency and failure. This season has been looked at as successful by Browns fans. Pure dysfunction in it’s rawest form.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: AFC North dysfunction

The steelers are drama free this year, outside of the Le'Veon Bell situation since the month of October, especially when compared with the ridiculous drama that the steelers had every week last year.

For other teams, I do not remember seeing the AFC NORTH be weak like that.The Ravens are not a bad team but they are 4-5, possibly the last year of Harbaugh if the ravens miss the playoffs again, Bengals with their historical bad Defense and Cleveland with the situation of Hue Jackson and Todd Haley who was intentionally bad in his play calling just to get the job from Hue Jackson as HC.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

As much drama that LB has created I really think it has been a positive for this team in the long term. At beginning of year it appeared detrimental, now it appears to have made this team hungrier and stronger. Coaches and management deserve a lot of credit, Ben, O line an JC have handled it perfectly as well. I just grin when I see Bengals and Ravens in complete disarray. Browns like the Raiders to me. Even with multiple first round picks every year I still expect them to screw it up.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    With recent moves, news, and notes regarding teams in the AFC North, exactly how dysfunctional is this division?

1. Steelers: The entire LVB saga. To the point that he will simply fade away with zero closure after 2 years of non-stop drama by him, the media, fans, etc.

2. Ravens: Seriously looks like the end of the Newsome, Harbaugh, Flacco era. Maybe not true dysfunction but definitely an uncertain future at this point.

3. Bengals: Marvin Lewis. Burfict. Rehire of Hugh Jackson as ‘special consultant to HC’, whatever that is. The Bengals make no sense, and haven’t made sense in a decade. Yet they continue to stay the course of failure.

4.Browns: Browns. Head coaches, QBs, trades, decades of inconsistency and failure. This season has been looked at as successful by Browns fans. Pure dysfunction in it’s rawest form.
    Don't forget to add the firing of Starvin' Marvin if the Steelers beat them again
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Don't forget to add the firing of Starvin' Marvin if the Steelers beat them again
    I absolutely expect the Steelers to win that game at this point. I will be surprised if the Bengals actually do fire Lewis. After they gave him a new deal just last year, when I thought he was gone for sure. BUT...how funny would that be if the Steelers got Lewis, Harbaugh, and Jackson all fired in the same season?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

With the trajectory all the other AFCN teams are going on, it's looking to be the next AFC East soon lol.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    With the trajectory all the other AFCN teams are going on, it's looking to be the next AFC East soon lol.
    The Browns are going to be a million times better than any AFC East team not named the Patriots. They’re trajectory, with the talent on that team, is shooting straight up. The Ravens and Bengals on the other hand will be pointing down and when Ben leaves the Steelers, they may be pointing down as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The Browns are going to be a million times better than any AFC East team not named the Patriots. They’re trajectory, with the talent on that team, is shooting straight up. The Ravens and Bengals on the other hand will be pointing down and when Ben leaves the Steelers, they may be pointing down as well...
    The Browns need a good head coach too.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I'd still say the Browns won't be as good as Miami for at least right now (a middle of the road team, which could make a wildcard with a few lucky breaks).

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I wouldn't say the Steelers are dysfunctional at all. There's outside drama, but it's not affecting games.
    The Ravens and the Bengals are dysfunctional because they set their goals unrealistically high. They're both average performing teams. Not great, not bad. Ownership is frustrated that they're not performing at an elite level, but not every team gets to do that.
    The Browns... are the Browns; a dumpster fire. Nothing can fix that mess until Jimmy Haslam gives up ownership.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Wait, the Bungals really did rehire Hue Jackson?

I love it! That means that if they some day fire Marvin Lewis then Hue Jackson is his successor and he's equally bad if not worse.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Browns need a good head coach too.
    With the roster they have, I think there will be quite a few lining up for that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Being a Browns HC or QB is more fatal than a green First Lt. dropping into a Khe Sanh rice paddy LZ in 1969.
    All Defense!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Being a Browns HC or QB is more fatal than a green First Lt. dropping into a Khe Sanh rice paddy LZ in 1969.
    Truth. More fatal than being the only red shirt on a Star Trek landing party.
    Cleveland is always loaded with talent. That's the bait in the "Coach Motel".
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Truth. More fatal than being the only red shirt on a Star Trek landing party.
    Cleveland is always loaded with talent. That's the bait in the "Coach Motel".
    I think the Browns will actually turn the corner now. I think Baker Mayfield is gonna be the real deal. Just saw him miked up on Inside the NFL from this past week. He's a leader, he's vocal, he's energetic and has the physical tools...and his team mates know it. They KNOW they've got a good QB going forward. If the Browns find a strong head coach they'll be competitive. I'd rather see some success in Cleveland (they've suffered for so long...lol) than the thugs Cincinnati. It's not AFC north football unless at least 3 teams are capable of pissing each other off.