Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CJ Anderson?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

CJ Anderson?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: CJ Anderson?

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    IMO an upgrade over Ridley
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I like the idea of signing him.

JC has been great but the usage of his carries needs to come down.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

He's only 27 years old? I'd take him.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I like it. And we'd probably still carry over at least 10 mil of cap money over to next year.

Would he be that much of an upgrade over Ridley though? About the same amount of wear & tear, and Ridley does have familiarity with the offense. He might be in Tomlin's doghouse right now but he also proved he's a decent receiver and can pick up the blitz. Although he doesn't have Conner's talent, he can still be plug and played into our system and be effective.

In any case I'm never against adding RB talent

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I'd take him. Most of the time seems to be good for a big run in a big game. Hed be solid behind this oline

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He looked a lot heavier in a Panthers uniform...anyone know if that’s a true statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He looked a lot heavier in a Panthers uniform...anyone know if that’s a true statement?
    Black is more slimming...

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

More explosive than Ridley, don’t recall receiving skills which is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Anderson has 3 seasons of 25 catch or more and he has caught about 70% of his target in his career.

The steelers would use more as a receiver like Conner if he would sign with us.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I think Dan provided this link in another thread... from Curt Popejoy

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...-c-j-anderson/

Senior Member Array title="ShoeHorn will become famous soon enough"> ShoeHorn's Avatar

I love this idea. Anderson can play. We need depth behind Conner and right now we have none. Imagine if we had to go into a playoff game with Ridley and Samuels carrying the load. I think we’ve all seen that movie enough times as Steeler fans. Go get Anderson.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

If he was released because he wasn’t happy playing a reduced role in the Panthers’ offense, why would he sign with the Steelers to replace our third string RB?

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    If he was released because he wasn’t happy playing a reduced role in the Panthers’ offense, why would he sign with the Steelers to replace our third string RB?
    Anderson had only 24 runs in 9 games with the panthers this year....

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Anderson had only 24 runs in 9 games with the panthers this year....
    How many runs did Ridley have in the first nine games? That’s the role Anderson would be playing in Pittsburgh.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I wonder what Eddie Lacy weighs these days.

How many runs did Ridley have in the first nine games? That’s the role Anderson would be playing in Pittsburgh.
    To answer my own question, Ridley has 18 carries this year, and 8 of them were in the Panthers game because Conner was pulled.

So what kind of Role would Anderson play with a healthy Conner in the line up? A big enough role that he’d be happier in Pittsburgh than he was in Carolina?

- - - Updated - - -

To answer my own question, Ridley has 18 carries this year, and 8 of them were in the Panthers game because Conner was pulled.

So what kind of Role would Anderson play with a healthy Conner in the line up? A big enough role that he’d be happier in Pittsburgh than he was in Carolina?
    And Samuels has only had 10 carries, with five of them in the Panthers game.

I’d be happy with signing Anderson, but I don’t think he’d be happy signing with us.

IF he knows what he gets going in he might be happier. Sounds like he thought he'd have bigger role. Here he'd know exactly what his role would be.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I wonder what Eddie Lacy weighs these days.
    I think he's a free agent too, but I'm sure if he has access to primanti bros sandwiches he'll be big dan mccullers' replacement at NT

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

From the little I’ve seen him play, he hasn’t looked that great.

CJ Anderson?

- - - Updated - - -

And Samuels has only had 10 carries, with five of them in the Panthers game.

I’d be happy with signing Anderson, but I don’t think he’d be happy signing with us.
    Why wouldn’t he want to sign with Pittsburgh? He’s sitting on the street right now...and if the Steelers put a claim in on him, he really wouldn’t have a choice...no?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

We've freed up some cash, might as well use it. I'm cool with bringing in a decent #2 back and maybe another CB to compete with (or at least back up) Sensabaugh. Those are our shallow spots at the moment. If Conner goes down, *maybe* Samuels is adequate to hold the line. If Sensabaugh goes down, we are seriously screwed. No way is Burns up to the task.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

From the little I’ve seen him play, he hasn’t looked that great.
    Ah, but you haven't seen him play behind our line. He's got some "Isaac Redman" going on when he gets to the second level, and decent hands. He can be an asset for us if he's any good at pass protection.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

He was beast for a couple years running for Denver and think he would be good behind the Steelers OL. Don't think he is a great pass catching RB though. I really don't think we need him to be though. I'm all in for him.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Samuels is the #2.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Why wouldn’t he want to sign with Pittsburgh? He’s sitting on the street right now...and if the Steelers put a claim in on him, he really wouldn’t have a choice...no?
    Think he has to accept it or not play. Of course that is if a lower rank team doesn't put in a bid ahead of The Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Think he has to accept it or not play. Of course that is if a lower rank team doesn't put in a bid ahead of The Steelers.
    I assumed he already cleared waivers.

But regardless, it could like a James Harrison or L. Blount situation. If the REASON he was released had to do with him being disgruntled about playing time, why wouldn’t he be even MORE disgruntled (or less gruntled?) in Pittsburgh?

We want volunteers, not hostages.

It's too bad John Madden doesn't call games anymore, I used to always laugh when he said Anderson. Of course as a kid watching football growing up, I was always asking my dad how come Madden kept saying the name Anderson wrong, he always says Ainderson

I assumed he already cleared waivers.

But regardless, it could like a James Harrison or L. Blount situation. If the REASON he was released had to do with him being disgruntled about playing time, why wouldn’t he be even MORE disgruntled (or less gruntled?) in Pittsburgh?

We want volunteers, not hostages.
    Haha and well if he already cleared waivers he can choose whatever team shows interest that he wants to go to. I could be wrong though.