Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Week 11: Jacksonville Jaguars

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Week 11: Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I would be a sizable number of month’s mortgages on my “theory” that if the Steelers get an early lead and can then pass-rush the heck out of the opposition, that the Steelers would win every game that they play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Add in the defense starts getting a turnover or two and this becomes a full on guarantee.
    You have outlined the only way to play effective and useful defense in the NFL right now.

Your offense has to help force the other team to abandon about half their playbook and the defense has to be able to win in the pass rush once that happens. If you can do those two things - you are a "good" defense in 2018.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

IMO there is a definite change in how this year’s Steelers do business, as reflected in this comment from DeCastro (who clearly has emerged as a team leader and backs it up with actions such as confronting Eric Reid after the Reid hit on Ben last week)

“We better be more humble,” offensive lineman David DeCastro said. “They beat our butt two times pretty soundly, especially with their defense and even their offense, too.
    “We’re confident. Don’t get me wrong. We’re not sitting here scared. But at the same time we’re like, ‘Let’s just go play the game and try to get a win.’ No nonsense. That’s kind of the mantra.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201811160135

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    IMO there is a definite change in how this year’s Steelers do business, as reflected in this comment from DeCastro (who clearly has emerged as a team leader and backs it up with actions such as confronting Eric Reid after the Reid hit on Ben last week)

“We better be more humble,” offensive lineman David DeCastro said. “They beat our butt two times pretty soundly, especially with their defense and even their offense, too.
    “We’re confident. Don’t get me wrong. We’re not sitting here scared. But at the same time we’re like, ‘Let’s just go play the game and try to get a win.’ No nonsense. That’s kind of the mantra.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201811160135

Only thing that has changed is who is in the locker room. Who were the quotes gonna come from last season? Mitchell, AB, Bell, Bryant for a large part. Maybe Pouncey too. 3 of those guys are gone and AB is underperforming on the field and overperforming in a 45 MPH zone.

O linemen always gonna go after DB's that weigh 100 lbs less than them, DeCastro was always in the mix when Burfict and the Bungholes got into it too. Respect everybody, but fear nobody is always the mantra, but a lot of the crap talkers from a year ago aren't present currently.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

https://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report/

Tuitt and Gilbert did not practice Friday

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    https://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report/

Tuitt and Gilbert did not practice Friday
    Both ruled out. I have faith in Alu-x2

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Both ruled out. I have faith in Alu-x2
    So do I.