Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 11: Jacksonville Jaguars

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 11: Jacksonville Jaguars

Yep, it's these guys again. Was originally going to a Sunday Nighter, but was moved to 1pm, because Jacksonville sucks.

They lost 29-26 in Indy today, and have fallen to 3-6, Officially rendering next Sunday a trap game. Jaguars always play the Steelers tough and they have Fournette back. Plus everything seems to go right for them against Pittsburgh.

These are one of those games where the 2014-17 teams would overlook their opponent, sleepwalk through and hope to pull it out in the end, or just blow it. If this Steelers team is truly different and improved over 2014-17 in terms of coaching, teamwork and focus, they take care of business and don't let down in the slightest for 60 minutes. Plus they owe JAX one for last year.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Week 11: Jacksonville Jaguars

• Mike Mitchell won’t be quoted in Sports Illustrated guaranteeing a victory over the New England Patriots.
    “We’re going to play [the Patriots] again,’’ Mitchell said in an interview that was published days before the Steelers-Jacksonville playoff game. “We can play them in hell, we can play them in Haiti, we can play them in New England . . . We’re gonna win.”

• Le’Veon Bell won’t be tweeting before the game that “I love round 2’s … we’ll have two round 2’s in back to back weeks,” referring to the Jaguars and Patriots.

• Mitchell won’t be screaming outside the Jaguars locker room before the game proclaiming that they are “going to know my name!”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201811110174

Those were the days, eh?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Mike who? Mike Hawk?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Can’t give this game and that Broncos game away. Should be two easy wins...should be...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Can’t give this game and that Broncos game away. Should be two easy wins...should be...
    It'd better be. Otherwise the Steelers don't deserve elite status and will just get kicked out of the playoffs as also- rans.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The biggest challenge for the steelers in this game could be the heat...The Steelers have rarely played in the last few year when it's hot, so hopefully it will not be too hot.

The pats had problems in the last few year in Miami(1-4 in the last 5 games in Miami), I do not know if it was because of the heat, but that could be one of the reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

For Denver, almost every single one of their loss was close, especially at home.

Almost beat the chiefs and they only lost by 3 points against the rams.Broncos are 3-6, but their points differential is only at -8.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Steelers open as 4&1/2 - 5&1/2 point favorites. That seems high for what is a last stand home game for the Jags.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds...18/time/1300#J

Now that their season has crashed maybe the home crowd will revert to old habits and it will be a Steelers crowd

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This game will allow the defense to provide a tangible answer to 2 questions:

1. Is the run defense really revamped and renewed, or has it simply not really been tested to date.
    2. Can the seemingly revitalized pass rush do what they have been doing AND keep a mobile QB contained on critical downs?

If it is "Yes" to both of those -- they likely get a win on the road. If it is "No" to either or both, they will lose and lose badly.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

It won't be hot. Calling for a high of 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This game will allow the defense to provide a tangible answer to 2 questions:

1. Is the run defense really revamped and renewed, or has it simply not really been tested to date.
    2. Can the seemingly revitalized pass rush do what they have been doing AND keep a mobile QB contained on critical downs?

If it is "Yes" to both of those -- they likely get a win on the road. If it is "No" to either or both, they will lose and lose badly.
    The steelers need to have a similar gameplan that they had against the panthers after the first drive.

Bortles is more dangerous with his legs than with his arm.Keep him in the pocket....and please, do not make Fournette look like Adrian Peterson at his peak once again ... Fournette is not that good at this point (24 run for 53 yards yesterday against the Colts).

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    For Denver, almost every single one of their loss was close, especially at home.
    True, but almost all of those were against bottom feeders.

Almost beat the chiefs and they only lost by 3 points against the rams.
    True... but they also got hammered by the Jets 34-16.
    Broncos are 3-6, but their points differential is only at -8.
    That's because they had a 45-10 blowout against Arizona.

Not saying that the Steelers won't overlook them or play down to their level, but I don't believe that Denver is a quality team that's under the radar.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

I know the Broncos are not good, but it's just that the Broncos have been competitive every game at home this year, even against teams like the Rams, Chiefs and even the Texans.

If the steelers win against the broncos, but it's not a blowout, no reason to be upset, especially if we look at the history of the Steelers in Denver .... One of the best homefield advantage of the NFL.

Drama!

The Jaguars now occupy last place in the AFC South, all by themselves. And it may not be a place where cornerback Jalen Ramsey wants to be.

“When I’m gone from here, y’all gone miss me,” Ramsey tweeted on Monday morning. “I ain’t even trippin lol.”

It’s not clear what Ramsey means, but many will regard the message as a sign that the third-year cornerback won’t be finishing his career with the Jaguars.

The Jaguars hold Ramsey’s rights through 2020.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ell-something/

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Drama!

The Jaguars now occupy last place in the AFC South, all by themselves. And it may not be a place where cornerback Jalen Ramsey wants to be.

“When I’m gone from here, y’all gone miss me,” Ramsey tweeted on Monday morning. “I ain’t even trippin lol.”

It’s not clear what Ramsey means, but many will regard the message as a sign that the third-year cornerback won’t be finishing his career with the Jaguars.

The Jaguars hold Ramsey’s rights through 2020.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ell-something/
    ouch!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Yes, but we know …."there are no easy games in the NFL".

Steelers will be rested and have seen enough to gameplan accordingly, but when it all comes down to it you need to beat the guy in front of you in order to beat the team. That involves the O line playing stellar like they have. That involves the D line not getting pushed around like the last time they played the Jags and that involves not turning the football over like last time.

IMO, stop Fournette and put the game in Bortles hands, win the turnover battle and control the line of scrimmage. Do that and should come out on top.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I watched the 2nd half of the game between Indy and the Jags. Fournette looks fat and slow.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest challenge for the steelers in this game could be the heat...The Steelers have rarely played in the last few year when it's hot, so hopefully it will not be too hot.

The pats had problems in the last few year in Miami(1-4 in the last 5 games in Miami), I do not know if it was because of the heat, but that could be one of the reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost beat the chiefs and they only lost by 3 points against the rams.Broncos are 3-6, but their points differential is only at -8.
    Calling for a high of 70 on Sunday...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I watched the 2nd half of the game between Indy and the Jags. Fournette looks fat and slow.

- - - Updated - - -

Was he wearing a #36 B&G jersey?

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I really hope the Steeler defense brings it this game must limit the jags in the run game and, hopefully Vance could have a big day like last year in the playoff game. Also get Connor going as well.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

11-14 All Time vs the Jaguars. They need to keep rolling to hold onto that 2 seed. With the Rams, Chargers and Seahawks on the Chiefs schedule, there’s a chance that the Steelers can come out as a 1 seed if they keep playing winning ball. They’d have to beat the Patriots though as the Steelers and Vikings are the only relevant games left for NE.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Yep, it's these guys again. Was originally going to a Sunday Nighter, but was moved to 1pm, because Jacksonville sucks.

They lost 29-26 in Indy today, and have fallen to 3-6, Officially rendering next Sunday a trap game. Jaguars always play the Steelers tough and they have Fournette back. Plus everything seems to go right for them against Pittsburgh.

These are one of those games where the 2014-17 teams would overlook their opponent, sleepwalk through and hope to pull it out in the end, or just blow it. If this Steelers team is truly different and improved over 2014-17 in terms of coaching, teamwork and focus, they take care of business and don't let down in the slightest for 60 minutes. Plus they owe JAX one for last year.
    The Jags are to us like we are to Carolina.

- - - Updated - - -

High of 70, partly cloudy. No weather excuses. (I just wanted to be the third guy to tell you )

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yes, but we know …."there are no easy games in the NFL".

So true. It's not easy to win in the NFL.

If we knew the outcome to all the games, there wouldn't be much point in watching or caring.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

We are facing a very desperate team. Which makes them dangerous. Plus they have always been a thorn in our ass since the cowher era.

Week 11: Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    We are facing a very desperate team. Which makes them dangerous. Plus they have always been a thorn in our ass since the cowher era.
    Desperate. In Jacksonville. 11-14 versus Jaguars. Got Fournette back. Possibly AJ Bouye returns. It’s got all the makings...

Steelers should have nothing but anger and revenge on their minds...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I hope we hang 50 points on those faggots

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Was he wearing a #36 B&G jersey?
    He couldn't hold a candle to that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Sure, I hope we put up 50 points too.

I'm not the most PC person in the world, but do you think that adjective is one that we should be using? I mean, if british people are talking about cigarettes, that is different.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I'm feeling another route. Bortles isn't good enough to expose Artie Burns if he plays or any other weaknesses we have. I think we get 3 takeaways and Vance McDonald has huge game. 37-21 Steelers. Pats and Jags will not have our number this year.

Easy killer...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Bortles isn't good enough to expose Artie Burns if he plays
    Dude! Don't even *suggest* that! Artie Burns better darn well not play!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Bortles isn't good enough to expose Artie Burns
    Landry Jones is...