Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 11: Jacksonville Jaguars

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Week 11: Jacksonville Jaguars

Tomlin deserves CREDIT for giving his players the day off today. They would have al been completely distracted by answering questions about Bell. Smart move.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Tomlin deserves CREDIT for giving his players the day off today. They would have al been completely distracted by answering questions about Bell. Smart move.
    I agree. I think this is the first time I've seen Tomlin head off a media circus by preemptively calling a day off. Master stroke on his part.

It would've been even funnier if the whole organization had the day off so Bell could show up to sign his tender, but nobody's home
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Louis CK masterbsting in public. Who saw that coming???... I mean, besides those 5 women.
    Yeah, and he said they wanted to see his dick, so at least he was inclusive of their wishes.

See how great things are when people like Louis CK are considerate of others instead of using derogatory terms towards them. Salad-tossing, redneck moth3rfu@ker.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yeah, and he said they wanted to see his dick, so at least he was inclusive of their wishes.

See how great things are when people like Louis CK are considerate of others instead of using derogatory terms towards them. Salad-tossing, redneck moth3rfu@ker.
    I have the perfect reply/joke for that. But... this is a PG board.

That reminds me... I need to send Jon a text.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

I have the perfect reply/joke for that. But... this is a PG board.

That reminds me... I need to send Jon a text.
    Oh my! This is getting pretty solid. Maybe we should post a poll on whether jelly or syrup is preferred?

I'll show myself out...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Oh my! This is getting pretty solid. Maybe we should post a poll on whether jelly or syrup is preferred?

I'll show myself out...
    “We don’t need the death penalty!!!... we’ve got the toss-salad man!!!!!”

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

“We don’t need the death penalty!!!... we’ve got the toss-salad man!!!!!”
    Oh, man. Used to watch that special over and over again.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

'Tater Salad? He's hilarious, but Doug Stanhope is still my all time favorite.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

I saw the making of it, and Chris Rock learned from Jerry Seinfeld that you have to tour the little clubs (real holes in the wall) to perfect your jokes on various audiences. Rock visited hundreds of clubs (over eighteen months) before shooting that special. By the time that he took the stage to film it... it was perfect.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

I still hope they hang 50+ on those "cigs".
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Some are worried about the next two games against the Jaguars and the Broncos, since they are two teams of 3-6 and it's on the road, but the steelers have been very good since 2 years on the road in the regular season ( 14-1-1 in the last 16 games on the road) and many of his games were against bad teams.

It's not realistic to score 50 points against the jaguars, they are still a good defense, even if they are not elite, but their problem is their offense, especially for the turnovers (they are -11).But the steelers have not been very good at creating turnovers this year, outside of the second quarter against Tampa Bay, so if the steelers does not create turnovers in this game will surely not be a blowout (a 20 points win or more).

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Also Ben: What the hell is a bulletin board? Do you not have any digital devices?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Don't need bulletin board material.

This is the same team that beat you twice last year, their corner talked crap in the offseason, and is a major nemesis that all of the Steelers' baggage and demons are wrapped up into. Jacksonville isn't good currently, but this is a major statement game by the Steelers. That this isn't the same arrogant, unfocused, undisciplined, underachieving Steelers team of years past.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If the Jags are smart they will run the same offense against us as last season. Make us stop what we were unable to stop before.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If the Jags are smart they will run the same offense against us as last season. Make us stop what we were unable to stop before.
    Except there’s no Mike Mitchell or Artie Burns to exploit in the secondary, and there is no Sean Spence at ILB.

Jacksonville didn’t do anything fancy, they were just better and more physical than the Steelers.

For Jacksonville to win they’ll have to do it they way they did it. Simply being better up front than the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Weather should not be an issue, low to mid 70’s with overcast skies.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

They dominated the LoS and pushed us around. With their injuries on their O-line I don't see that happening again

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

AS much as we want the win here, the Steelers shouldn't (and hopefully won't) go into this game as "revenge". That would be the wrong approach, imo... Just as they shouldn't think we are the the same team as last year.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Just go in prepared, win and go home. That simple. No need for revenge, Who took Bells what. Just punch the clock, put your nose down, go to work, get the win and punch the clock and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    They dominated the LoS and pushed us around. With their injuries on their O-line I don't see that happening again
    I see what you're saying. That makes sense. What I'm talking about though is that zone block run/dink dunk pass offense that may not be as effective this year due to what you say, but only needs to produce 3-5 yards per play. I think they should be able to do that on most plays. This uses clock and keeps the Steeler's 40-50 burger offense on the sidelines. If the Steelers are able to get a quick start and build a good solid lead, of course this plan goes out the window. With a banged up OL and the way the Steelers have been able to pressure the QB lately I don't think I start this game trying to win on the arm of Bortles and vertical stretch plays. I think we win this one. Just knowing the weakness of this defense, that gameplan makes sense to me.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I see what you're saying. That makes sense. What I'm talking about though is that zone block run/dink dunk pass offense that may not be as effective this year due to what you say, but only needs to produce 3-5 yards per play. I think they should be able to do that on most plays. This uses clock and keeps the Steeler's 40-50 burger offense on the sidelines. If the Steelers are able to get a quick start and build a good solid lead, of course this plan goes out the window. With a banged up OL and the way the Steelers have been able to pressure the QB lately I don't think I start this game trying to win on the arm of Bortles and vertical stretch plays. I think we win this one. Just knowing the weakness of this defense, that gameplan makes sense to me.
    I would be a sizable number of month’s mortgages on my “theory” that if the Steelers get an early lead and can then pass-rush the heck out of the opposition, that the Steelers would win every game that they play.

I would be a sizable number of month’s mortgages on my “theory” that if the Steelers get an early lead and can then pass-rush the heck out of the opposition, that the Steelers would win every game that they play.
    Add in the defense starts getting a turnover or two and this becomes a full on guarantee.