Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell is unlikely to report to the team by Tuesday's deadline

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Le'Veon Bell is unlikely to report to the team by Tuesday's deadline

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Le'Veon Bell is unlikely to report to the team by Tuesday's deadline

Good, as of Tuesday the team can be officially rid of Bell and they can officially put it past him (and questions about him will probably stop by say Friday). The guy is a cancer, plain and simple. It takes a team to win, not just the sum of all the parts. The Steelers have a great thing going and don't need a locker room cancer come in out of shape after months of partying, rapping, and bitching about being painted as the bad guy.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

As I said elsewhere... if so, give that $14.5 million to Mike Hilton (three-year extension).

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I never wanted to see Bell play another snap with the steelers this year, so it's not a problem for me and I was not expecting Bell to play this year

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Well F him then and will glad to stop hearing about him soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    As I said elsewhere... if so, give that $14.5 million to Mike Hilton (three-year extension).
    I'm all for that!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Well, it was his best season. While his teammates were working and sweating their balls off, he was rappin', playing basketball, riding jetskis, and hangin' out with strippers.

Bye, Felicia. Don't come back now, ya hear?!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

The gamesmanship of Art2 can not be undersold here ...

The Lawyer in him came out and he pushed buttons methodically ...

He said exactly what Bell wanted to hear the other night in that interview " we want him back , we expect him back" and that Makes bell go into " I will show you mode" and do the opposite ...

so Art2 acting like he wanted and expected Le'veon to show up prior to the deadline may be exactly what kept him from showing up and in the process saving the team close to 15 million bucks for next years cap ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    The gamesmanship of Art2 can not be undersold here ...

The Lawyer in him came out and he pushed buttons methodically ...

He said exactly what Bell wanted to hear the other night in that interview " we want him back , we expect him back" and that Makes bell go into " I will show you mode" and do the opposite ...

so Art2 acting like he wanted and expected Le'veon to show up prior to the deadline may be exactly what kept him from showing up and in the process saving the team close to 15 million bucks for next years cap ....
    ARII was playing chess, and Bell was playing chec- ...uh... Chutes-&-Ladders.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

WELL 2018 would be his best season to date if they gave Conner a #26 jersey because he's blowing up.

I'll laugh if we win the SB this year without him, that'll be a sweet piece of bling he'll never be getting,, and you can't put a price tag on a championship

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Le'Veon wears his franchise tag like a crown
    He calls his child Conner cause he likes the name
    And he sends him to the finest football team in town

Le'Veon, Le'Veon likes his money
    He makes a lot they say
    Spends his day makin it rain
    down in Florida, Tootsie's Cabaret

In a contract dispute
    on a fateful day
    2nd time on the franchise tag
    said i want more guaranteed
    but the Steelers said no way

And he shall be Le'Veon
    And he shall be a rich man
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    Going against the Rooney's family plan
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    He shall be Le'veon

Le'Veon sells rap albums out of town
    His album doesn't really thrive
    Conner blows up stats all day
    In the end zone, watching terrible towels fly
    Conner, he wants to go to Atlanta
    Leave Le'Veon far behind
    Win a championship and a Lombardi
    While Le'Veon, can only watch and cry

In a contract dispute
    on a fateful day

And he shall be Le'Veon
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    He shall be Le'veon

And he shall be Le'Veon
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    He shall be Le'veon

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

So if he does not show. He cant play for us or anyone else?

Which scenerio do we get draft picks for his departure? Thats all I want at this point

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Le'Veon wears his franchise tag like a crown
    He calls his child Conner cause he likes the name
    And he sends him to the finest football team in town

Le'Veon, Le'Veon likes his money
    He makes a lot they say
    Spends his day makin it rain
    down in Florida, Tootsie's Cabaret

In a contract dispute
    on a fateful day

And he shall be Le'Veon
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    He shall be Le'veon

Le'Veon sells rap albums out of town
    His album doesn't really thrive
    Conner blows up stats all day
    In the end zone, watching terrible towels fly
    Conner, he wants to go to Atlanta
    Leave Le'Veon far behind
    Win a championship and a Lombardi
    While Le'Veon, can only watch and cry

In a contract dispute
    on a fateful day

And he shall be Le'Veon
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    He shall be Le'veon

And he shall be Le'Veon
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    And he shall be Le'Veon
    He shall be Le'veon

From the 2nd album I ever owned.

Given to me by my brother...who knew I loved Elton John

My first album?

Yes, bubble gum rock!

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    So if he does not show. He cant play for us or anyone else?

Which scenerio do we get draft picks for his departure? Thats all I want at this point
    If he doesn't sign he can't play this season period. As for draft pick possible 3rd in 2020 ?

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Do we have the chance to tag him next year? I hope they do and screw him further.

Anyhow he seems to get dumber by the moment! Sitting out the whole season is only making it worse. Yes some team with money will make a play for him but they will get him at a discount now. Way to many question marks with him now.

- - - Updated - - -

Rooney should Tweet don't bother passing the stick cause that is the only football you are going to play this year!

Ū Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

That is fantastic news.

Tag him again next season then trade him.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

If you were going to sign by Tuesday, I don't know why you wouldn't sign as soon as Thursday's game is over. Unless you're just a dildo, which is possible. But yeah, I'd say signs point to no. Take a fuggn hike.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    That is fantastic news.

Tag him again next season then trade him.
    this is the Steelers best move as long as it nets a draft pick higher than round 3

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    this is the Steelers best move as long as it nets a draft pick higher than round 3
    The big question is, do we want to tie up another $14.5 million in cap space when we already appear to have his replacement? Because who is to say the same thing doesn't happen again, and we end up in a situation where we can't sign him, can't trade him, and it's just a bunch of money sitting there?

Side note: Of all the things we can do with the $14.5M cap space rollover next year, the only thing I would say is dumber than this is if we pick up the $10 million option for Dupree.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

The 3rd franchise tag is QB money. He'll walk and the Steelers will get a 3rd round comp pick in 2020.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The big question is, do we want to tie up another $14.5 million in cap space when we already appear to have his replacement? Because who is to say the same thing doesn't happen again, and we end up in a situation where we can't sign him, can't trade him, and it's just a bunch of money sitting there?

Side note: Of all the things we can do with the $14.5M cap space rollover next year, the only thing I would say is dumber than this is if we pick up the $10 million option for Dupree.
    It won't be 14 million. It seems as though it is the QBs tag number, which is $23,189,000 this year (unless the Steelers can successfully argue that Bell gets the second tag rather than the third since he didn't sign the tender for the second tag). That being said, next year we should get all 14 million back from Bell, and also get another 8 million back from Shazier's salary, and drop over 6 million in dead money. That's 28 million in cap room right there. Personally, I say tag him with the non-exclusive tag and let him try to get himself traded so we get a first and a third round draft pick (second tag is two 1st round picks, third tag is 1st and 3rd). If Bell actually shows up to play, fine. We literally are not taking away from the cap space we had this year. We still come out with five million in cap space just by dropping dead money from this year, and that doesn't include the increase in the cap or players not resigning or the extra cap room we carried into this year. Moreover, of all the free agents after this year, the only two I think i want to keep is Hilton and Feiler. Jessie James we can keep around as well. Fort's 29, so I don't know if they'll keep him. Sensabaugh is thirty right now and foster is 33. I don't know if he stays or not. Probably not. So that extra 5 million for this year is enough to cover the free agents. A little shuffling of contracts and we're golden, and then get all 24 million in cap room back again the following year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    The 3rd franchise tag is QB money. He'll walk and the Steelers will get a 3rd round comp pick in 2020.
    I don't know why everyone's saying we get a 3rd round pick. If Bell sucks as much as everyone says he does, we're not going to get anything for him. Moreover, if we go out and pick ourselves up a good CB or LB like everyone wants, it'll negate a 3rd round pick pretty fast. Now, if we also lose Foster in the offseason, it'll help us out some with picks. How, I'm not sure, but it will.

If he sits out the entire year and tagging him next year would count the same as a 3rd tag, does that give ANY player an incentive to accept a 2nd franchise tag? Well other than being the highest paid at their position for a year lol.

But if this is the case I don't blame Bell for sitting out the entire year, for what he wants, a 2nd franchise tag would be counterproductive

With that said I still think he's a moron for turning down the Steelers deal

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I don't know why everyone's saying we get a 3rd round pick. If Bell sucks as much as everyone says he does, we're not going to get anything for him. Moreover, if we go out and pick ourselves up a good CB or LB like everyone wants, it'll negate a 3rd round pick pretty fast. Now, if we also lose Foster in the offseason, it'll help us out some with picks. How, I'm not sure, but it will.
    It'll depend on the $$$ he receives which I think will be enough to secure a 3rd.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

That may have been true when he tweeted that six years ago, but it sure as hell isn't now. He is a hypocrite and a coward. He doesn't have the guts to face his teammates or the organization's top brass. He probably showed up in Pittsburgh thinking the organization and his teammates would be falling all over him and begging him to report. But that didn't happen because everyone is done with his lying ass.

You know what some famous rap stars once said "Don't let money change youuuu"