Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Seed ?

Hybrid View

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

2 Seed ?

In my opinion Steelers got a decent shot at the 2 seed. They can afford to lose one more game as long as it isn't to the Pats. If Steelers beat them it will give them 3 losses and imagine the Pats will lose one more before the season is out. KC seems like a lock so far for the 1 seed. Of course a lot of games to be played so things could change.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: 2 Seed ?

I think we can handle KC at this stage if we played. I doubt we get the 2 though. TBH I don’t really care this year, like last. I’d rather them be hungry and have a chip on their shoulders.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It's a possibility, but I think the steelers have the toughest schedule between them, pats and chiefs and the pats have an easy schedule with 4 AFC east games left in their schedule.

The division is not won for the chiefs too .... the Chargers are one game behind.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

That seems fair, but I'm not writing off the NE game just yet. We have a couple games coming up that should be cakewalks *IF* the Steelers stay on their screws. I'm just focused on that right now.
    #1 concern is James Conner's health and how to keep a respectable running game if he goes down.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

We have to stay at the moment too ... Not looking too far ahead ... many things can change.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Cheats have a cakewalk except for the Steelers and Vikings.

Chiefs have:

Arizona
    at LA Rams (this should have 10,000 yards and 300 points)
    at Oakland
    Baltimore
    LA Chargers
    at Seattle
    Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

it's gonna come down to the NE game. if we beat them it's a real possibility. Don't think we can catch the chiefs though unless they implode somehow, which i don't see happening barring a mahomes injury

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

That one's coming in the playoffs. Andy Reid wants to become the new Marvin Jones, always one and done. They even lost to the Titans last year...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

We control our destiny for the #2 seed. Likewise, if we simply win out, we finish 16-2-1... and hoist our seventh Lombardi.

#yeahmath
    #yeahMrWhite
    #notanexactquote

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    In my opinion Steelers got a decent shot at the 2 seed. They can afford to lose one more game as long as it isn't to the Pats. If Steelers beat them it will give them 3 losses and imagine the Pats will lose one more before the season is out. KC seems like a lock so far for the 1 seed. Of course a lot of games to be played so things could change.
    We still have to play the Chargers (home), Saints (road), Pats (home), Jags (road). After Thursday anything is possible but the Pats and Jags always have our number. The Saints on the road is almost definitely a loss but they are an NFC team so who cares. The key is the Chargers, Jags, Pats all AFC teams. We have to beat the Chargers and Pats. The Jags are so far out of it they don't matter now, but a head to head loss to the Pats or Chargers and we can kiss the bye away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    We still have to play the Chargers (home), Saints (road), Pats (home), Jags (road). After Thursday anything is possible but the Pats and Jags always have our number. The Saints on the road is almost definitely a loss but they are an NFC team so who cares. The key is the Chargers, Jags, Pats all AFC teams. We have to beat the Chargers and Pats. The Jags are so far out of it they don't matter now, but a head to head loss to the Pats or Chargers and we can kiss the bye away.
    We have a tie game this year, so the steelers will have no tiebreaker unless another team in the race has a tie game.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    We have a tie game this year, so the steelers will have no tiebreaker unless another team in the race has a tie game.
    True.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Have you seen the Pats' schedule? If they beat the Steelers, they will win out.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Have you seen the Pats' schedule? If they beat the Steelers, they will win out.
    Probably

Three sure wins with 2 Jets games and Bills game

Vikings might give them a game at Foxboro and for some reason Pats sometimes play poorly @ Miami

Like last season when they lost @Miami the Pats play Dolphins the week before they are @ Steelers

But after obsessing over who would get the #1 seed last season I am not doing that again - Steelers just need to focus on next game on their schedule

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Probably

Three sure wins with 2 Jets games and Bills game

Vikings might give them a game at Foxboro and for some reason Pats sometimes play poorly @ Miami

Like last season when they lost @Miami the Pats play Dolphins the week before they are @ Steelers

But after obsessing over who would get the #1 seed last season I am not doing that again - Steelers just need to focus on next game on their schedule
    This right here. That's why the whole "If the season ended today" scenarios as well as the dumb BCS rankings are annoying.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Well that's 3 loses for the Pats now

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Well that's 3 loses for the Pats now
    Two by former cheats.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Two by former cheats.
    Tell me there's no pattern there too.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Tell me there's no pattern there too.

Ex-Cheats know how the Cheats operate.

Vrabel got pressure up the middle all game long. Brady was moved off of his spot, and he struggled all game.

If the steelers lose only one game for the rest of the year and this defeat is not against the pats, the steelers will have a first round bye!

If the steelers lose only one game for the rest of the year and this defeat is not against the pats, the steelers will have a first round bye!
    Agreed and what I been saying but didn't expect this loss to the Titian's by the Pats.

Good luck with that.

Chargers, Pats, Saints ... ouch.

Good luck with that.

The Chargers are not invincible, the game against the pats may decide who has the Bye week .... Yes the saints in the Superdome is going to be a big challenge.

2-1 in his 3 games is possible

The Chargers are not invincible, the game against the pats may decide who has the Bye week .... Yes the saints in the Superdome is going to be a big challenge.

2-1 in his 3 games is possible
    After watching last Thursday I know the Steelers can beat ANY team. But, I also know that last Thursday is like when you statistically average something out and you throw the HIGH/LOW out to get a more accurate gauge. Thursday was the perfect storm by almost the whole team, and on Carolina's side of the ball it was the opposite for them (they probably burned the video).

It's really up to Tomlin and his coaches now. If he can buck his trends of the past we should be okay but we always come out and lay stinkers just when you think we are unbeatable. A win against the Saints and a loss to the Raiders still wouldn't surprise me. Right now the #2 seed is great talk but with our past against the Jags that is all the team should be focusing on right now.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Good luck with that.

That’s right Mr. 5-10-1.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Good luck with that.

Chargers and Pats I'm not overly concerned about. Saints... I'm not counting on us to win that game. Even if they beat us, it's still good enough to get us #2 seed.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Chargers and Pats I'm not overly concerned about. Saints... I'm not counting on us to win that game. Even if they beat us, it's still good enough to get us #2 seed.
    Saints and Broncos games worry me the most. I was worried about JAX on our schedule, but I don't think our guys will overlook them this time.

As far as NE and Chargers, I think we can take em. Fortunately both are home games

W L T PCT CONF SOS SOV REASON
    9 1 0 .900 7-1 .456 .425 --
    6 2 1 .722 3-2-1 .506 .472 --
    7 3 0 .700 5-2 .517 .549 --
    6 3 0 .667 5-2 .410 .373 --
    6 2 0 .750 4-1 .479 .330 --
    5 4 0 .556 3-2 .606 .442 Wins tie break over Tennessee and Miami based on best win percentage in conference games.
    5 4 0 .556 4-3 .481 .395 Wins tie break over Tennessee based on head-to-head

Isn't that a beautiful picture? Especially after we were tied for last place in our own division just five weeks ago?

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Jax game against a 3-6 team is a total trap game.

Also, just coincidence that Pats lose to teams coached by ex-assistants. Hmmm. Can it be that the pats can’t pull off their usual cheating tricks because the other coaches know it already?