Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Seed ?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: 2 Seed ?

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Jax game against a 3-6 team is a total trap game.

Also, just coincidence that Pats lose to teams coached by ex-assistants. Hmmm. Can it be that the pats can’t pull off their usual cheating tricks because the other coaches know it already?
    Not a trap game, these guys kicked our asses in our house, TWICE last year. There's that payback element especially after all the crap they talked.

Trap game imo = opponent that gets overlooked. We aren't overlooking a team that embarrassed us badly last year. The more I think about it, the Denver game is a classic trap game. This one's a grudge match.

In any case, even if they stay quiet last here, best believe there already is a shit ton of bulletin board material for our boys

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

As of right now we'd be the #2 seed, have a higher win % but also played 1 less game than NE. Winning sunday at JAX would make us the frontrunner for #2

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    As of right now we'd be the #2 seed, have a higher win % but also played 1 less game than NE. Winning sunday at JAX would make us the frontrunner for #2
    What seals it for me is we have a higher Elo rating than NE after this weekend, which predicts that we beat them in Pittsburgh. Even accounting for strength of schedule, we still come out favored for the bye... but just by the slimmest of margins. A single unexpected win or loss by either team can flip it at this point.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Fans can do whatever they want

Steelers obviously are not impacted by what we do but it was not just fans who were fixated on the Pats last season

Last year I wasted time speculating if the Pats or Steelers would get the #1 seed

After Al Riveron took care of that I spent part of Christmas Eve watching Jags-49ers off and on (yeah I know I need help ) since a Jags loss pretty much would take care of the #2 seed for the Steelers and after the inevitable home playoff win following the bye set up the Pats rematch

All that got me was a chance to watch the Steelers implode against the Jags

So I am not speculating about hypotheticals this year

But if you want to go there good luck
    I’m really just messing around here.

It’s just some of the wording I find funny, you know? Some of it can sound like people are saying that looking past an opponent is a strategic mistake for us as FANS.

But I do understand what you actually mean. You don’t want to get your hopes up for YOUR OWN MENTAL HEALTH; not because you actually believe it will affect the outcome.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Not a trap game, these guys kicked our asses in our house, TWICE last year. There's that payback element especially after all the crap they talked.

Trap game imo = opponent that gets overlooked. We aren't overlooking a team that embarrassed us badly last year. The more I think about it, the Denver game is a classic trap game. This one's a grudge match.

In any case, even if they stay quiet last here, best believe there already is a shit ton of bulletin board material for our boys
    All true...

But the scary part is that it’s not just another game for Jax EITHER.

After playing crappy all year, Jax is gonna play this one like their Super Bowl because they don’t want the Steelers getting any sort of revenge on them. Plus they’d love to be the ones to play spoilers to us, and to use this game as the emotional spark to reignite their season.

It’s kind of like any time we play the Ravens: no matter how much more talented either side might be, the worse team is gonna bring something extra to the game that they haven’t been bringing to their previous games.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    If the steelers lose only one game for the rest of the year and this defeat is not against the pats, the steelers will have a first round bye!
    Good luck with that.

Chargers, Pats, Saints ... ouch.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Good luck with that.

The Chargers are not invincible, the game against the pats may decide who has the Bye week .... Yes the saints in the Superdome is going to be a big challenge.

2-1 in his 3 games is possible

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Chargers are not invincible, the game against the pats may decide who has the Bye week .... Yes the saints in the Superdome is going to be a big challenge.

2-1 in his 3 games is possible
    After watching last Thursday I know the Steelers can beat ANY team. But, I also know that last Thursday is like when you statistically average something out and you throw the HIGH/LOW out to get a more accurate gauge. Thursday was the perfect storm by almost the whole team, and on Carolina's side of the ball it was the opposite for them (they probably burned the video).

It's really up to Tomlin and his coaches now. If he can buck his trends of the past we should be okay but we always come out and lay stinkers just when you think we are unbeatable. A win against the Saints and a loss to the Raiders still wouldn't surprise me. Right now the #2 seed is great talk but with our past against the Jags that is all the team should be focusing on right now.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Good luck with that.

That’s right Mr. 5-10-1.

Like you thought this defense would turn around like this. When Drew Brees passes for 600 yards on us get back to me.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Like you thought this defense would turn around like this. When Drew Brees passes for 600 yards on us get back to me.
    Brees demolishes EVERY defense.

#someplayersaresimplygreat
    #sometimesyouhavetowinshootouts
    #wehaveBen

Blitz Brady?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

When he does he’ll be the first one in NFL history. And I’m pretty sure that Ben is the one who holds the record for most 500 yard games.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Good luck with that.

Chargers and Pats I'm not overly concerned about. Saints... I'm not counting on us to win that game. Even if they beat us, it's still good enough to get us #2 seed.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

As long as the team is worried about every opponent, they'll be fine.

I think this is a good team. They've come a long way over the last 5 weeks....particularly defensively.

I'm not going to guarantee that they won't lose a game, but I can see that the team is playing well. They have a tough schedule, but all will be revealed.

I just don't understand how people can watch the team play and just assume they are going to lose 4 or 5 more games. I can understand having some doubts about the defense, but nothing to make anyone think that the team is going to implode.

What they have done on the road is remarkable.

They appear to have figured out that a certain CB shouldn't be on the field, and that a few of the players that were not productive are now starting to make significant contributions.

The pessimism some are showing is unexplainable.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The pessimism some are showing is unexplainable.
    Some people are just that way. Perhaps they prefer to not set themselves up for disappointment. To each his own...

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast
    Blitz Brady?
    Sure, but not from the edge. The pressure has to come from the front so it collapses the pocket. Tennessee had good success doing it that way.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If they continue to win the games they “should” and don’t stumble, they could get the number one seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If they continue to win the games they “should” and don’t stumble, they could get the number one seed.
    We'd need a lot of help for that, tho'. Realistically, KC would have to drop 3 games.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

2 Seed ?

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    We'd need a lot of help for that, tho'. Realistically, KC would have to drop 3 games.
    It wouldn’t be a lot. The Rams and Chargers games aren’t gimmes. So basically they’d need one more after that...but then again, the Rams look like they are starting to fall back to earth...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It wouldn’t be a lot. The Rams and Chargers games aren’t gimmes. So basically they’d need one more after that...but then again, the Rams look like they are starting to fall back to earth...lol.
    Ward,
    Right... just saying that 2 seed is in our grasp if we win all of the games we're favored to win, regardless of what anyone else does/ doesn't do. 1 seed isn't.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Sure, but not from the edge. The pressure has to come from the front so it collapses the pocket. Tennessee had good success doing it that way.
    Thank you!!! I’ve been saying this for a decade (no exaggeration). When Brady cannot step up in the pocket/when the pass-rush is in his face, he crumbles.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Thank you!!! I’ve been saying this for a decade (no exaggeration). When Brady cannot step up in the pocket/when the pass-rush is in his face, he crumbles.

Vrabel knows exactly how to attack Brady. He and Brady were going at it in practice for years.

His team put on a clinic on how to attack Tom Brady. Sure, the Pats didn't play well, but if you can get pressure up the middle and make Brady move off of his spot and have nowhere to step up into...he's just a guy.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

typical , Debbie Downers half as fun 2nd cousin ...
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Chargers and Pats I'm not overly concerned about. Saints... I'm not counting on us to win that game. Even if they beat us, it's still good enough to get us #2 seed.
    Saints and Broncos games worry me the most. I was worried about JAX on our schedule, but I don't think our guys will overlook them this time.

As far as NE and Chargers, I think we can take em. Fortunately both are home games

Ward,
    Right... just saying that 2 seed is in our grasp if we win all of the games we're favored to win, regardless of what anyone else does/ doesn't do. 1 seed isn't.
    Gotcha.

For a possibility of a 1st seed, KC needs to lose tonight. Only teams left on their schedule that I see as potential problems are Chargers and @Seahawks. If they drop 2, it'll have them at 13-3 which we'll have to win out to beat. As optimistic as I am on this season, winning out is a tall order especially with the rest of our schedule. Namely, the Saints @New Orleans

Also worried about the Texans. I'm not sold on them being as good as their 7-3 record states, but they have a pattycake schedule and have been benefiting from it. Rest of their season are: Ttitans, Browns, Colts, @Jets, @Philly, Jaguars. Pretty much all teams are struggling or just plain bad. Not really sold on Indy and Titans up next who are floundering, Mariota just got injured last game. Jags might be able to play spoiler since they got some starters back from injury and probably will be winning more games than they did in the first half of the season.

The steelers will play against some very good team for the rest of the year .... but they are not invincible .... well maybe the exception of the saints in the Superdome.

But the other games, I would not be surprised to see the steelers to win each of his games, even the game against the pats, which will be the big key to have a first round bye.

The only game the steelers can afford to lose is against the saints .... unless the Texans win their last 6 games, which is unlikely.

Texans I think have gotten lucky. They should have lost to the broncos (2 missed field goals and won by 2 points). Played some really bad teams and only dominant win was against Miami. They're one of those teams that could be easily 5-5 or worse if they didn't get a couple of lucky breaks.

However, they're still a 7-3 team with a really soft schedule. But early in the season they proved that when they're bad, they can still lose to the likes of the Giants or Titans.

Win out. Period.

The only other thing that matters (for seeding) is the Chiefs losing two more games... which isn’t likely (although, we can root for it to occur).

SUMMATION:
    Prepare for a Steelers-Chiefs AFCCG played at Arrowhead.