Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Conner Injury?

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

James Conner Injury?

Is there any info on what happened with JC? I am decently confident he is fine and it was precautionary, but just wondered if there was any official word?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: James Conner Injury?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Is there any info on what happened with JC? I am decently confident he is fine and it was precautionary, but just wondered if there was any official word?
    Tomlin confirmed after the game Conner is in concussion protocol

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...sion-protocol/

Was surprised he went back in to a blowout game after the first trip to the tent to be checked by the doctor for a concussion

Maybe he was cleared in the tent by the doc, but Tomlin (smartly) decided to pull him after a couple plays because there was no reason to have him out there at that point.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He came back after going from the tent, they likely rested him as they should have

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Maybe he was cleared in the tent by the doc, but Tomlin (smartly) decided to pull him after a couple plays because there was no reason to have him out there at that point.
    I'm thinking this is exactly what happened (just wish he punched one more in for my fantasy team) which is why Tomlin pulled him aside and told him to take the rest of the night off. Plus the NFL is really on teams about this protocol so why risk it.

After watching Samuel's and Ridley it's pretty clear we either need Bell or Conner HAS to stay healthy. After Bell & Conner the RB level drops off the earth.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

The doctor had to clear Conner in order for him to get back in, not that getting cleared requires much in the safety first NFL

During Sunday’s AFC wild card playoff game, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Bud Dupree crushed Moore with a vicious, helmet-to-chin hit that drew a penalty for roughing the passer. Moore remained on the ground for several minutes as athletic trainers tended to him. Moore sat on the bench as an unaffiliated neurological consultant and a Dolphins team physician evaluated him for concussion symptoms. After they cleared him, Moore returned to the game after missing only one play.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2763eca9b8e2

But why risk aggravating the situation when there was no need to put him back in? At least the Dolphins could claim it needed the QB back for a win or go home playoff game

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I think holding him out was precautionary and a smart move by tomlin. No sense risking a worse injury when we had such a big lead already

I think Samuels will be a very good back, he needs the reps with the first team is all, it took Conner a game or 2 to get up to speed, will be the same for Samuels or Bell. The only difference is Bell and Conner know what to do when passing plays break down and I imagine Samuels will still need to pick up those nuances.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

I think this “injury” is very convenient for management who have to justify to the rest of the team why LeVeon Bell is getting paid more in 2 games than most of them gets paid all year - while being a selfish jag off and not contributing at all this year. The Rooney’s would not give Bell any money except that they have to pay him not to join the Patriots.

Still paying Bell that much will raise players eyebrows and possibly demoralize some but saying that they need to keep Bell in case Conners gets injured (how convenient) will soften that blow.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    I think this “injury” is very convenient for management who have to justify to the rest of the team why LeVeon Bell is getting paid more in 2 games than most of them gets paid all year - while being a selfish jag off and not contributing at all this year. The Rooney’s would not give Bell any money except that they have to pay him not to join the Patriots.

Still paying Bell that much will raise players eyebrows and possibly demoralize some but saying that they need to keep Bell in case Conners gets injured (how convenient) will soften that blow.
    Patriots have Sony Michel and James White. They really haven’t a need for Bell and that contract. Bell will wind up with one of the cellar dwellers that has big money. San Francisco, Oakland or Jets and I’d say out of those, probably the Niners. They have a nice young QB, great TE and good WRs to compliment him and he’d be the “Top-Bill”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Patriots have Sony Michel and James White. They really haven’t a need for Bell and that contract. Bell will wind up with one of the cellar dwellers that has big money. San Francisco, Oakland or Jets and I’d say out of those, probably the Niners. They have a nice young QB, great TE and good WRs to compliment him and he’d be the “Top-Bill”.
    they would totally snag Bell. They have been playing Cordarrelle Patterson as RB the past two weeks because they were too thin at that position

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

they would totally snag Bell. They have been playing Cordarrelle Patterson as RB the past two weeks because they were too thin at that position
    That’s because Michel was out. He’s back now. They wouldn’t take a 14.5M contract for a slight upgrade over Michel and White. White is playing out of his mind at the moment and Belichick favorite Burkhead is back to practice as well.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Agreed, if not for just this year then let him walk.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Everybody thought our RB backups last year were trash too. Conner could’ve got it done if called on. I believe that Samuels can as well if needed. There’s a big difference between getting a couple carries and toting the ball 22 times. A RB needs some rhythm.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Everybody thought our RB backups last year were trash too. Conner could’ve got it done if called on. I believe that Samuels can as well if needed. There’s a big difference between getting a couple carries and toting the ball 22 times. A RB needs some rhythm.
    There's also a big difference in coming in and playing in the first half, and going out and playing in the second half when teams have schemed to stop the run, which is exactly what the Panthers did. Conner's number took a nose dive after half time. So, I'm not sure we can say much about Samuels except that he has mad leaping skills.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Samuels seems to have a feel for the hole. TBD how that plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Samuels seems to have a feel for the hole. TBD how that plays out.
    Thats what she said

Samuels looked better than Conner did last year

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Not sure if this was posted.

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

10 days to recover ....

my guess is come next Sunday he will be rearing to go
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Welp... Time to stop wasting time on the L. Bell saga. The Steelers will either complete the season with their current stable or bring in a FA backup who is not Bell.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

He’s fine. No worries.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Not sure if this was posted.

Yeah, it seemed pretty clear that Tomlin was explaining to James that he doesn’t want to take any chances with him, given the nature of the blow out.

It was the obviously correct move on Tomlin’s part, and I like that he wanted to convey the message to Conner personally; probably giving Conner a pat on the back for being such a fierce competitor while also letting Conner know how valuable he is to the team long term.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Has there been any “official” update?

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Has there been any “official” update?
    We'll find out at noon when Tomlin is going to talk.