Thread: Roethlisberger Praises Randy Fichtner For Calling ‘Great Game

Hybrid View

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Roethlisberger Praises Randy Fichtner For Calling ‘Great Game

More than halfway through the season, it’s probably safe to say that the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offense is running well under first-year offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner, who was promoted to the job after spending the previous 11 seasons as the wide receivers coach and then the quarterbacks coach, the latter job he still possesses.

Last night, the Steelers put up 52 points, 45 of which came from the offense. They did their job so well that Ben Roethlisberger checked out of the game with 10 minutes to play. They scored on every possession in which Roethlisberger was in the game aside from the one leading into the end of the first half, and all but one of them resulted in a touchdown.

“I think Randy called Randy called a great game”, Roethlisberger said afterward with his ‘complete game’ coaching. “He’s been great. I think we’ve worked well together”, he continued. He later added that the play-calling was very good on third down.

read more

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/11/ro...elers+Depot%29

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger Praises Randy Fichtner For Calling ‘Great Game

Funny though, Ben said that Fichtner is loud and he has to tell him sometimes to tone it down

Uh oh, friction.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

RANDY!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Fitchner has impressed me after the slow start. The guy's situational playcalling is light years ahead of haley. That short pass to Juju up the middle for a 1st down was genius how it made the carolina defense flow to the outside.

Also I think a big part of the success, is we're winning more on 1st and 2nd down. The years we had bad 3rd down conversion rates are because we were always stuck in 3rd and 8 or longer. 3rd and 5 or less is way more manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Fitchner has impressed me after the slow start. The guy's situational playcalling is light years ahead of haley. That short pass to Juju up the middle for a 1st down was genius how it made the carolina defense flow to the outside.

Also I think a big part of the success, is we're winning more on 1st and 2nd down. The years we had bad 3rd down conversion rates are because we were always stuck in 3rd and 8 or longer. 3rd and 5 or less is way more manageable.
    Yes, in our first 4 games, the steelers were at 30% in 3rd down and often it was on the 3rd down and long.But I've never seen a team in this league good like that in 3rd down like the steelers have been in the last 5 games!

Also only 6 turnovers for this offense since week 2 and the steelers have the best red zone offense in the NFL after yesterday's game .... One of the big reasons why steelers now have 31 PPG.It also helps that our defense does not stay on the field too long as it has been the case in the past.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post

Yep. There’s not any of the old stale plays. I haven’t seen that wrap around shotgun draw in a while. You know...the one that always goes for one yard and puts them in long down and distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

In fact this is 41/66 in 3rd down for the steelers in the last 5 games,not 41/56....but this is still great!