Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Season Predictions after Tampa...

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

Steelers Season Predictions after Tampa...

Sadly, the easy part of the schedule is over... and we rest at 1-1-1. My predictions forthwith...

Vs Ravens L (Steelers have dominated the rivalry the past 2 years, expect an angry Ravens team and Flacco to light up the sky.) 1-2-1
    Vs Falcons W (Day game, Heinz Field, Steelers get back to the win column on a fun sunday. This game will not be close.) 2-2-1
    at Bengals W (Big Ben wins a shootout.)3-2-1
    vs Browns W (Steelers defeat Baker Mayfield... hopefully. This will be a nailbiter. Boswell gets the game winner.) 4-2-1
    at Ravens L (Baltimore is just a little more disciplined this year. Ravens by 10. At this point they probably can relax and put it in cruise control.) 4-3-1
    Vs Panthers W (Steelers win for the 4th time in 5 games to show they have improved vastly.) 5-3-1
    At Jaguars L (Jacksonville has too good of a defense. Ben gets roughed up.) 5-4-1
    At Broncos W (This is a tough game and Denver usually has our number. They just arent very good this year.) 6-4-1
    vs Chargers W (we're at home. In LA would be a different story.) 7-4-1
    At Raiders L (Oakland usually beats us, sadly. Even though they stink.) 7-5-1
    Vs Patriots W (It would be nice to finally beat the Pats. They are beatable this year.) 8-5-1
    At Saints L (Brees throws for 18000 yards in this game) 8-6-1
    Vs Bengals W (Bengals like to Bungel) 9-6-1

That leaves us at 9-6-1. Will it be good enough for a playoff berth? I don't know. That tie in Cleveland will hurt us. 10-6 would be good enough I am sure.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Steelers Season Predictions after Tampa...

17-1-1

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So Steelers get swept by the Ravens? Ouch...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

8-7-1

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Sadly, the easy part of the schedule is over... and we rest at 1-1-1. My predictions forthwith...

Vs Falcons W (Day game, Heinz Field, Steelers get back to the win column on a fun sunday. This game will not be close.) 2-2-1.
    You concede Butler's defense will be unable to stop Brees but is going to shut down the Falcons? Good luck with that

I predict we will be hearing the name Calvin Ridley (3 TDs 146 yards against Saints this past Sunday) a lot that day

Over/under for the Falcons game should be somewhere in the 60s

I stick with my preseason prediction this is around a .500 team

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...nd-for-the-NFL

7-8-1

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    You concede Butler's defense will be unable to stop Brees but is going to shut down the Falcons? Good luck with that

I predict we will be hearing the name Calvin Ridley (3 TDs 146 yards against Saints this past Sunday) a lot that day

Fortunately the defense of the falcons and saints are not very good too!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

7-6-3

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

1-1-14

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

7-8-1

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Looked at the schedule last night and I'm going 11-4-1. With a final record of 14-4-1.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys with losing records (if you're being serious) are way overestimating the strength of other teams. There are very few really good teams. Most teams aren't good on either side of the ball; about 8 teams are good on one side and maybe 2-3 are good on both.

Ū Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

My original prediction was 9-7, which would be 8-7-1 now. I was being generous with 9-7. 7-8-1 is looking to be more realistic.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Looked at the schedule last night and I'm going 11-4-1. With a final record of 14-4-1.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys with losing records (if you're being serious) are way overestimating the strength of other teams. There are very few really good teams. Most teams aren't good on either side of the ball; about 8 teams are good on one side and maybe 2-3 are good on both.
    Vs Ravens W
    Vs Falcons L
    at Bengals L
    vs Browns W
    at Ravens L
    Vs Panthers W
    At Jaguars L
    At Broncos L
    vs Chargers W
    At Raiders W
    Vs Patriots L
    At Saints L
    Vs Bengals W

Or flip the Chargers to a L and the Falcons to a W if you prefer - doubtful the Steelers win both shootouts

If the Steelers are out of the playoff race in week 17 and the Bengals are playing for something that is another potential L

At my most optimistic I do not see only three more losses on that schedule

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Vs Ravens W
    Vs Falcons L
    at Bengals L
    vs Browns W
    at Ravens L
    Vs Panthers W
    At Jaguars L
    At Broncos L
    vs Chargers W
    At Raiders W
    Vs Patriots L
    At Saints L
    Vs Bengals W

Or flip the Chargers to a L and the Falcons to a W if you prefer - doubtful the Steelers win both shootouts

If the Steelers are out of the playoff race in week 17 and the Bengals are playing for something that is another potential L

Fairly close to what I was thinking but that Raiders games might be another one in the L column. If the history of "playing down" to other teams holds true again this year.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

With this team's play this year, I only look at 1 game at a time. I do think that 10 win's takes our division and that tie with Cleveland will definitely hurt and haunt us. As far as this week and Raven's......tough to forecast outcome, but we definitely have to score TD's since the Boz is in the clouds now for some reason and our defense is shit. Thing to worry about with the Ratbirds.....they are 12 for 12 in Red zone......they get there-they score ! UGH

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    With this team's play this year, I only look at 1 game at a time. I do think that 10 win's takes our division and that tie with Cleveland will definitely hurt and haunt us. As far as this week and Raven's......tough to forecast outcome, but we definitely have to score TD's since the Boz is in the clouds now for some reason and our defense is shit. Thing to worry about with the Ratbirds.....they are 12 for 12 in Red zone......they get there-they score ! UGH
    at least,the steelers offense are 7/8 in the Red Zone this year after 3 games.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

with this defense .....

I am not counting on them stopping ANYONE

and will not even consider guessing a record for just that reason ..

Ben and the boys will outscore some teams but I fear thats basically what every win will consist of how many times we go 30+ but more specifically 35+ because I am not comfortable with this defensive unit holding the opposition under 30 on any week so simply scoring 30 ourselves may not be enough ...

but knock yourselves out I will lurk and keep my fingers

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

With the way that Roethlisberger played in the last two games, the steelers can beat every teams in their schedule .... I mean, they lost by only 5 points against the chiefs, even if our defense was a disaster.

But on the other side, no win is in the bag in our schedule with the way our defense plays right now.....

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

If you think the Raiders' defense can stop the Steelers' offense...LOL!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    If you think the Raiders' defense can stop the Steelers' offense...LOL!
    If you think the Steelers defense can stop ANYBODY... Hell Tyrod Taylor passed for almost 300 vs us in a monsoon lmao.

In any case I'm not looking at the rest of the season. I think the ravens series will be a split, our defense will lose us games, but we have Big Ben

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

I stick with my preseason prediction this is around a .500 team

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...nd-for-the-NFL

7-8-1
    Falcons just do not impress me. Heinz Field, I like the matchup. In Atlanta, probably a different story. Through 3 games, Atlanta's offense looked good 2 times at home and bad on the road. Steelers through 3, had an awful offensive game in Cleveland yet still managed to score 21 and put up 37 at home and 30 on the road. Defense doesn't always travel with any team, the Steelers offense looks like it might. So, for these reasons, I think on this day the Steelers score more points than Atlanta.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Vs Ravens W
    Vs Falcons L
    at Bengals L
    vs Browns W
    at Ravens L
    Vs Panthers W
    At Jaguars L
    At Broncos L
    vs Chargers W
    At Raiders W
    Vs Patriots L
    At Saints L
    Vs Bengals W

Vs Ravens W
    Vs Falcons W
    at Bengals W
    vs Browns W
    at Ravens L
    Vs Panthers W
    At Jaguars L
    At Broncos W
    vs Chargers W
    At Raiders W
    Vs Patriots W
    At Saints L
    Vs Bengals W

11-4-1

In case you folks haven't noticed, the NFL is a game of 3-4 seasons within a season. Season 1 was bad, but the pieces are in place to get hot. I believe that even the D has the potential to be middle of the road; which means the O can carry them. IIRC, the Patriots won the Super Bowl with the 29th ranked defense a couple years ago.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Vs Ravens W
    Vs Falcons W
    at Bengals W
    vs Browns W
    at Ravens L
    Vs Panthers W
    At Jaguars L
    At Broncos W
    vs Chargers W
    At Raiders W
    Vs Patriots W
    At Saints L
    Vs Bengals W

11-4-1

In case you folks haven't noticed, the NFL is a game of 3-4 seasons within a season.

Season 1 was bad, but the pieces are in place to get hot. I believe that even the D has the potential to be middle of the road; which means the O can carry them.

IIRC, the Patriots won the Super Bowl with the 29th ranked defense a couple years ago.
    I am in agreement.

I think the defense (barring a lot of injuries) could gel and be decent.

Still concerned about LB depth.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Vs Ravens W
    Vs Falcons W
    at Bengals W
    vs Browns W
    at Ravens L
    Vs Panthers W
    At Jaguars L
    At Broncos W
    vs Chargers W
    At Raiders W
    Vs Patriots W
    At Saints L
    Vs Bengals W

11-4-1

In case you folks haven't noticed, the NFL is a game of 3-4 seasons within a season. Season 1 was bad, but the pieces are in place to get hot. I believe that even the D has the potential to be middle of the road; which means the O can carry them. IIRC, the Patriots won the Super Bowl with the 29th ranked defense a couple years ago.
    Our differences of opinion are going to be tested pretty quickly in the next three weeks

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Defense wins ....in playoffs especially. Our defense makes every opponent QB look like Brady. Ben can't always be putting up 35 pts.

Defense wins ....in playoffs especially. Our defense makes every opponent QB look like Brady. Ben can't always be putting up 35 pts.
    I agree...It's not easy in offense when you have no room for error

Our defense will have to be better quickly

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

12-3-1, were going to lose only one more time at Heinz field, and Ben will get revenge against the jags and pats. Team will gell and start hiting their stride down the stretch and all our early season rantings will seem silly.

Post season is another story, I don’t want to make any predictions on that.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I hate to admit this but, I think this season is going to be a rollercoaster ride!

Not really. Perhaps twenty, thirty years ago. Look at the teams last year.

Defensive stats per team

Jags: Yards per Play, Tied for first. yards per pass attempt, 1st. They lose in the AFCCG.
    Vikings: first in rushing yards per attempt. 2nd in yards per pass attempt. Tied for first in yards per play. Lost AFCCG
    Denver: Tied for 3rd in YPP, 1st in Yards per pass attempt. Tied for 17th (middle of the road) in Net yards per pass attempt. Didn't make playoffs.
    Arizona Cardinals: Tied for 3rd in YPP, Tied for 12 in Net Yards Pass per attempt. 3rd in Rush yards per attempt. Didn't make playoffs.

The first two teams had arguably the best defenses in the NFL. Neither of them even made it to the superbowl whereas the Eagles had the overall seventh best in YPP (tied with the Bengals who didn't even make the playoffs, eighth in pass per yard, and seventh in rush yards. Then, there's New England. Tied for 30th in rush D. tied for 20th in pass D, and tied for 28th in pass D. Yet, at the end of the third quarter only 3 points separated them.

It's been pretty clear for quite a while that in today's NFL, offenses win championships. Defenses just have to be middle-of-the-road or better.

Our differences of opinion are going to be tested pretty quickly in the next three weeks
    And we’ll both be happier if I’m right

Think about it... After a whole 3 weeks, there are ONLY 3 teams that are undefeated. I'm not sure what the record low is after 3 weeks, but this has to be close. And yet, so many are acting like the Steelers are the only flawed team.