Thread: Prediction for the 6th seed in the AFC

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Prediction for the 6th seed in the AFC

It would be a surprise if pats, chargers, chiefs and Steelers miss the playoffs...The Texans are in a good position to win AFC south as well

Who will take the final playoffs spot in the AFC?

It's wide open with the Bengals (5-3), Dolphins (5-4),Titans(4-4),Ravens(4-5),Jaguars and colts at 3-5.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Prediction for the 6th seed in the AFC

Those teams vying for the 6 spot are wretched. Cream of the crap? Probably the Jags if they can stop the bleeding. If not, the Ravens.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If Andrew Luck’s receivers start catching the ball, the Colts become the #6 seed.

1 Chiefs
    2 Taperiots

6 Colts @ 3 Steelers
    5 Chargers @ 4 Texans

Then...

3 Steelers @ 2 Taperiots
    5 Chargers @ 1 Chiefs

In a way, I’d almost rather the Taperiots get the #1 seed... so that they have to face the Chargers.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I'm gonna say the Bengals. After the projected 5th seed (Chargers), there's a huge drop off imo. I would say the Ravens, but they already have 5 losses, and we could probably tack up another loss to the Bengals for them since Cincy just seems to always have their number. The game vs us was their last gasp imo.

The Bengals are pretty much what they've been in the past few years. A team that's good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to do anything once they get there.

Also I wouldn't lock the Patriots***** as the #2 yet, we play a game vs them later in the season, and there's a good chance that pulling off a win vs them could open the #2 for us. However, they always have a cupcake schedule which makes them the most likely #1 or #2 seed. I mean ffs how lucky are they to be in a division with the perrennial suckfest known as the dolphins, jets, and bills?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Only at the halfway point now but just as a goof...

Steelers, Pats, Texans, Chiefs win their divisions. Wildcard teams are Chargers and Ravens.

Titans?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

As things stand today...

1) KC
    2) PIT *
    3) NE *these are on a razor's edge this weekend.
    4) TEN +
    5) LAC
    6) HOU + these two can easily flip.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Titans?
    Titans are too up and down and inconsistent. I could see them following up their win against New England by getting ass-blasted next week against the Colts. Also their offense can look god damn unwatchable at times. The thing with the Titans is they would win the AFC if they had a solid offense (their defense is good), but it's next to impossible to trust that offense

- - - Updated - - -

6th seed could legitimately finish 8-8 and could easily have a negative point differential

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Colts as the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Titans are too up and down and inconsistent. I could see them following up their win against New England by getting ass-blasted next week against the Colts. Also their offense can look god damn unwatchable at times. The thing with the Titans is they would win the AFC if they had a solid offense (their defense is good), but it's next to impossible to trust that offense

- - - Updated - - -

6th seed could legitimately finish 8-8 and could easily have a negative point differential
    Since their debacle against Baltimore, the titans are much better with a one point loss against the chargers and two convincing win against the Cowboys and the Pats.

Their offense has been better too lately, but yes we'll see how they will play next week against the Colts but if they win against the Colts, they'll have an easy schedule for the rest of the year and they could even win the division

But we'll see, the titans need to prove that their victory against the pats is not a fluke.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Colts as the 6th.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, when the announcers talk about what a great game the Titans offense had, I had to roll my eyes. The defense was impressive though and kept giving them opportunities. The offense and Mariota didn't look great at all, but had a few nice plays here and there.

I really enjoyed watching Brady look clueless as defenders were in his face just about every play.

- - - Updated - - -

Titans are trailing 38-10 against the Colts with less than 2 minutes left (they also just scored)

4 teams at 5-5...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sticking with Colts. Hope the story not though...they are playing good ball.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Update after this weekend:
    1) KC
    2) PIT
    3) NE
    4) HOU <-- stepped up from #6 last week
    5) LAC
    6) BAL <-- just barely edging out TEN at the moment.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If Andrew Luck’s receivers start catching the ball, the Colts become the #6 seed.
    Well, his receivers are catching the ball...

Hilton is back and tearing it up.

And the Colts offensive line is unbelievable...5 games in a row without giving a sacks!

The colts are also my pick right now.

Luck to Ebron. Repeat.

Colts or Ravens, maybe Titans at this point

I have the Colts, but looking at the Broncos schedule, it could realistically be them

I have the Colts, but looking at the Broncos schedule, it could realistically be them
    Agree. Broncos are playing very good football right now and they could be one of Those Teams that would be able to knock the Chiefs out of the way...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Agree. Broncos are playing very good football right now and they could be one of Those Teams that would be able to knock the Chiefs out of the way...
    The Broncos possibly had the hardest first half schedule out of any team, and held their own against the Rams and Chiefs (twice) even though they were losses. If they get into the playoffs they could be dangerous

A thought...

The Chargers have a BRUTAL schedule. Could the Colts end up #5 and the Broncos #6???