Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Re: Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I think this is a good thing. Imagine if Bell comes back anything close to his normal self. To have someone like Bell ready to go in the latter half of the season just may be what we need to push us over the top. I mean, how often in years past has losing a RB cost us a playoff game?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

He spelled "Farewell" wrong.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Maybe it's just wordplay cause he's a rapper and all

I'm kind of mixed about him coming back. It's talent added to the roster, but several teammates AND Tomlin have made some unflattering comments toward him. I hope his return doesn't equal a rift in the locker room that eventually torpedoes the season. In that case nobody wins.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Well at least the Steelers now know what to buy Bell for a welcome back gift

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Maybe he is going to the Bahamas or Jamaica after leaving South Beach?
    All Defense!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

well we kinda sorta knew he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

It would be funny if they rescinded the tag while his plane was in the air.

And then had a limo driver waiting for him with a sign that said "lol, FUCK YOU!!"
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Those two wearing down defenses in the playoffs...

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Don't want him, don't need him, he didn't show up. He can go rot on the bench for all I care and keep getting fat

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I will be happy to see him if he comes back. I have no doubt that he will be his normal professional self while he prepares and eventually plays, and he is another weapon in the arsenal. More weapons are a good thing, especially with the schedule we're facing.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="ShoeHorn will become famous soon enough"> ShoeHorn's Avatar

Welp if his flight left at 3 he’d be in Pittsburgh by now, so we should be hearing something soon, IF that’s where he was flying to

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

He is fresh, can lighten the load and we have half a season to figure out how to use the best 1-2 running back combo in the NFL.

Bell could be the last piece we need to have an unstoppable offense...which we will need to compete with all of the other high octane offenses out there.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

It could be a headache for the steelers if Bell is back, since historically under Tomlin, the steelers have never do a rotation with his RB.

Like steelers' tweets did, he is right that it would not work if Conner and Bell were on the field at the same time and is our rookie OC would do a good job for that Conner and Bell have a big impact if they are both used at the same game?

I have doubts and even if Fitchner is doing a good job this year in his rookie season as OC, he's not Sean Payton to maximize his two talented running back as Payton does with Kamara and Ingram or Sproles with Ingram in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    He is fresh, can lighten the load and we have half a season to figure out how to use the best 1-2 running back combo in the NFL.

Bell could be the last piece we need to have an unstoppable offense...which we will need to compete with all of the other high octane offenses out there.

Our missing piece in offense is a 3rd receiver who can be a deep threat.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

It could be a headache for the steelers if Bell is back, since historically under Tomlin, the steelers have never do a rotation with his RB.
    But we do spell Conner occasionally to keep him fresh. At the moment, Switzer is probably seeing more snaps as a RB than as a WR. And Samuels has been mostly ineffective. We do not have a worthy RB to spell Conner at the moment. More importantly, we don't have a worthy RB to take over if Conner gets hurt. I'm fully on board with having 2 pro bowl RBs wearing hats, especially at the point where we have to deal with New England, the Saints in NO, and then Cincy.
    Bell can do that too.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Bell makes for a great insurance policy for injury. Randy has surprised me so far with his schemes and play calling, I’m hoping he can find a dynamic way to use Bell and James on the field at the same time.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

All for him coming back and not like the guy murdered someone!

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    But we do spell Conner occasionally to keep him fresh. At the moment, Switzer is probably seeing more snaps as a RB than as a WR. And Samuels has been mostly ineffective. We do not have a worthy RB to spell Conner at the moment. More importantly, we don't have a worthy RB to take over if Conner gets hurt.

Bell can do that too.
    Bell is not a deep threat and like Steelers depot(and Alex Kozora) and Roethlisberger have said in the tweet that I posted in this thread, Bell would not have at lot of success as receiver with him and Conner on the field at the same time for the reasons that Steelers depot Said.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    We do not have a worthy RB to spell Conner at the moment.
    Agreed. I did a quick fact check and Bell spells his name "Conair".

Could be the rapper in him through and through, as Fire Goodell a lewd ed too.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So there’s no reason they couldn’t do that if they so wished. They’d be stupid not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Like steelers' tweets did, he is right that it would not work if Conner and Bell were on the field at the same time and is our rookie OC would do a good job for that Conner and Bell have a big impact if they are both used at the same game?

I have doubts and even if Fitchner is doing a good job this year in his rookie season as OC, he's not Sean Payton to maximize his two talented running back as Payton does with Kamara and Ingram or Sproles with Ingram in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers, under Tomlin have never taken kick returning seriously either and all of a sudden they are doing that by getting Switzer.

Bell is not a deep threat and like Steelers depot(and Alex Kozora) and Roethlisberger have said in the tweet that I posted in this thread, Bell would not have at lot of success as receiver with him and Conner on the field at the same time for the reasons that Steelers depot Said.

Le'Veon Bell can create some good matchups out of the slot, freeing JuJu to be a deep threat. Example:
    https://youtu.be/WPTKa-lPgoc?t=126

Remember, this dude is a bogeyman in a dark alley for anyone stuck one on one with him in open space. This has basically been our passing game the last couple seasons.
    Last edited by GoSlash27; 11-05-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Plenty of matchups there on CBs and safeties. Imagine splitting Bell and Conner wide and then bringing Conner back into the backfield to run...

:drool: