Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Thanks.. I read it as 'time to pass the baton'
    In Bell's case, more like pass the "dutchie."

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

At this point, with the news of Dez Bryant, I do not expect Bell to be back next week ....

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Fun facts from the Post-Gazette

The Steelers are in the midst of one of their best offensive stretches in franchise history. They are averaging 35.4 points per game during a five-game winning streak, and the 52-point outburst against Carolina on Thursday night boosted their season average to 31 points per game.

The 177 points are the most for the Steelers in a five-game stretch in team history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. That’s one more than the previous record of 176 during a five-game stretch in the 2015 season.

Now here’s the news Adisa Bakari, the agent for Le’Veon Bell, does not want NFL general managers to read: Bell took part in none of those 10 contests.

That’s right. Zero.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201811090127

Does that mean Bell will not be a great addition for the stretch drive - of course not

But any GM has to wonder whether it might be better to invest for 2019 and beyond in an O-line and a lower priced back than bet the house on Bell

The P-G sums up the greatest contribution Bell would bring to the 2018 Steelers at this point

It might be prudent to have a weekly $1 million insurance policy on Conner

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201811090127

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

18 millions per year for Le'Veon???

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Well, there are always teams with a stupid front office and too much cap space.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Just another stupid article rehashing the same stuff, and more stupid comments below it. "Bell will never make the money up!" Idiots. It was about total payout. It was about guaranteed payout. Bell has it in his mind that he need a large guarantee against injury. That's it. Period. It's not about anything else.

And, that's why teams are stupid if they pay it, because a player in his position at his age after 2 season-ending injuries wanting that guarantee should send massive red flags to any potential employer.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

And that's why he's not a GM.

Said team that pays that much for a RB will be like Detroit with Sanders. But worse, having a good running back that isn't a generational talent so, the 90s lions without the highlight reels and consistent 6-10 records

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

After what happened to Dez Bryant, that may have given him another reason not to return.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    After what happened to Dez Bryant, that may have given him another reason not to return.
    True - although if he has not already factored the risk of getting injured this season into his decision whether to report and is still up in the air about it within 96 hours of the deadline this has been even less well thought through than it has appeared to be for some time

Maybe we can get an interview of Le'Veon from the sidelines of Ohio St at Mich St today as he continues his grab for attention in the run up to Tuesday (since he has the weekend off Cam Heyward should troll him by standing on the OSU sideline )

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If Bell reports... we have a GREAT insurance policy for Conner.

If Bell does not report... Mike Hilton should receive that $14.5 million immediately (three year extension).

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    In Bell's case, more like pass the "dutchie."

Fun fact: The term 'dutchie' doesn't actually mean 'weed' in Jamaica. That should be 'kouchie'.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Fun fact: The term 'dutchie' doesn't actually mean 'weed' in Jamaica. That should be 'kouchie'.
    I think it's referencing a marijuana [dutch] 'blunt'
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I think it's referencing a marijuana [dutch] 'blunt'
    Weed rolled into a Dutch Masters cigar.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If Bell reports... we have a GREAT insurance policy for Conner.

If Bell does not report... Mike Hilton should receive that $14.5 million immediately (three year extension).
    I can dig that

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Bell will sign and his Ego will make sure! Right now he is still a big deal in the media, If he don't sign he will be forgotten about the rest of the season and his name will no longer be brought up.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

M - E - T - H - O - D man

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

'Dutchie' was slang for a dutch stew pot. Musical youth cleaned up the lyrics because it would be inappropriate for kids to be singing about 'puff puff pass'. This was the original version of the song, which *was* about weed.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Glad I never bought a Bell jersey, I was close to a few years ago. Just put in an order for a Conner one

'Dutchie' was slang for a dutch stew pot. Musical youth cleaned up the lyrics because it would be inappropriate for kids to be singing about 'puff puff pass'. This was the original version of the song, which *was* about weed.

Best,
    -Slashy
    Yes, I'm aware of that song and the story behind it. However, this is what I was referring to:

dutchie

a BLUNT rolled with the wrapper of a dutchmaster cigar.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dutchie

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Yes, I'm aware of that song and the story behind it. However, this is what I was referring to:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dutchie

Way to break it down and drop some knowledge on us with some solid analysis, backed up with facts.

Only on a message board can there be a simple comment about weed that gets this complicated.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Best,
    -Slashy
    Growing up, the "Rumor" was it was about weed so we (my friends/classmates) just "rolled" w/that explanation.

Bell leaving... discussing weeed... and no one has posted a “Bye, Felicia” gif.

I’m disappointed in all’y’all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Glad I never bought a Bell jersey, I was close to a few years ago. Just put in an order for a Conner one
    In case you change your mind prices are good as retailers are dumping their inventory

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post662631

I googled 'bye Felicia, but thought the one I posted was funnier.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...l=1#post662631

I googled 'bye Felicia, but thought the one I posted was funnier.
    You’re correct... I now see that you typed that. My bad. I missed/overlooked that when I scrolled back through, looking for “Craig.”