Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Depending on how much he spent in Miami, he may be coming via Greyhound.
    Nah, Bell has a hand gun, $80,000 in cash and will be driving a stolen black Rolls Royce.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Bell would have the chance to have his big contract more quickly if he is cut by the steelers and that's what he wants ...
    But you don’t know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Waiving a chance to get paid over $800K this week to stand on the sidelines at a college football game is a pretty pricey cost of admission (he could probably report and then go to Columbus since the Steelers have the weekend off)
    He is clearly a fool, he will be one of those players that earned millions and 5 yrs later is dead broke bagging groceries. I honestly think there were 2 issues with him waiting so long to report:
    1. He was going to fail his drug test, had to wait longer to get clean
    2. He was not even close to being in shape enough to report, he has probably been working like crazy the last 2 months to get back into halfway decent shape

As for him returning, I think we will see his usual 100% (when he actually gets to play) because it will directly reflect his next contract. It will be good to have a solid backup to JC in the event of an injury.

I will just be happy when all they stupid drama of it all is over.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    SteelersDepot has just been constantly shitting on Bell. It’s kinda annoying...lol

Marcellus Wiley believes Le’Veon Bell does not want the Steelers to be better without him

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/spea.../1363455555912

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

So then why is he mentoring Conner and helping him improve?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    No, he was young and stupid when it came to pot, but it seems he's learned.
    Hanging out with rappers in strip clubs while his teammates are sweating it out at training camp is not learning his lesson in my book.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Hanging out with rappers in strip clubs while his teammates are sweating it out at training camp is not learning his lesson in my book.
    It's just been one act of trolling after another (strip clubs, jet skis, tweeting emojis after Cleveland tie, agent giving interview that this is a social justice cause to advance the legacy of struggle, Fairwell Miami, going to the OSU-Mich State game rather than report) as the Steelers have not blinked and moved on.

In terms of advancing his financial interests with the thrashing around in seeking to gain a tactical advantage all the stunts have been as empty and productive as those of the swordsman when facing off against Indiana Jones

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

the " mentoring thing" was stated by the reporter not actually by Conner if I recall
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

the " mentoring thing" was stated by the reporter not actually by Conner if I recall
    Conner said it personally in an interview, heard it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    One has nothing to do with the other. He learned that his career is in jeopardy if he touches pot, and that he has to make better decisions based on what is or is not illegal. That has absolutely nothing to do with how he spends his off time when not under contract with a team. And, making the choice not to come to camp is one of the few weapons the CBA provides for a tagged player. Again, you're confusing negotiating tactics with professionalism. His negotiation tactic this time is also a warning... don't tag me a third time. I WILL sit out, and you will lose out on having that money go to another player this year under the cap.

Had Bell been under contract, I'd be singing a very different tune. However, since he's not under contract, he has every right to exercise any and all options available to him. I think he's pretty stupid for doing it, but that doesn't take away from "professionalism." In fact, Throughout this holdout, he's conducted himself with quite a bit of professionalism. Where do you see him taking shots at players or coaches in the press? Where do you see him ripping teammates on social media? He hasn't. The biggest thing he did was send an emoji of open eyes after comments came out about him from teammates. That's it. So, no, there's nothing unprofessional about how he's handled his football self.

Now, if you want to talk about stupid personal decisions like going to a strip club or Jet Skiing or pictures of him and two women as though he has his own little harem, sure. I'm right there with you. But professional as it has anything to do with the team? Nope. Not at all. Heck, I'd say the least professional thing he's done is drop rap songs hinting at contract expectations. In this day-and-age, that's nothing.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

It's just been one act of trolling after another (strip clubs, jet skis, tweeting emojis after Cleveland tie, agent giving interview that this is a social justice cause to advance the legacy of struggle, Fairwell Miami, going to the OSU-Mich State game rather than report) as the Steelers have not blinked and moved on.

In terms of advancing his financial interests with the thrashing around in seeking to gain a tactical advantage all the stunts have been as empty and productive as those of the swordsman when facing off against Indiana Jones

Bwaaaahaaaahaaaa! Never gets old!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Bwaaaahaaaahaaaa! Never gets old!
    Supposedly, that wasn't in the script, either. Ford ad-libbed it for some reason--some say he had to run to the restroom due to a case of bad food--and then the they decided to keep it instead of the actual scene. In fact, here's an article with the original idea of the scene (them practicing the scene) on video.

https://ew.com/article/2012/09/07/in...clusive-video/

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

A "source."

Meanwhile, another "source" puts him in Pittsburgh shooting hoops. All-in-all, we'd all be better off if the press would just shut up about it until he arrives. And, if he doesn't, he doesn't. The problem is that when he does arrive, everyone'll be so pissed at everything he's said and did when I doubt a third to half of it was actually even truly him saying and doing it. "A source" is a joke anymore.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

I'd love it if he never reported. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the team reached out to him and told him they wouldn't tag him again if he just didn't report. Why deal with the drama? Go shoot some more hoops, go back to Miami.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    A "source."

Meanwhile, another "source" puts him in Pittsburgh shooting hoops. All-in-all, we'd all be better off if the press would just shut up about it until he arrives. And, if he doesn't, he doesn't. The problem is that when he does arrive, everyone'll be so pissed at everything he's said and did when I doubt a third to half of it was actually even truly him saying and doing it. "A source" is a joke anymore.
    On Tuesday night, a photo surfaced on Twitter of the Steelers' All-Pro running back playing in a pickup basketball game at the Bridgeville LA Fitness

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...lle-124354541/

A fitting end to this would be Bell blowing out his knee
    in a pickup basketball game before signing his tag after the entire purpose for not reporting allegedly was to keep from being injured before the big payday

Next up - Le’Veon takes up snow skiing prior to reporting - what could go wrong

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Bell mentoring Conner.....that’s a good one. 🤪
    If we want to analyze Conner’s success it has nothing to do with Bell.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Bell mentoring Conner.....that’s a good one. 浪
    Not saying it does. Just pointing out that he wouldn't try to help Conner if he didn't want the Steelers to improve without him. If talking heads are going to try to push a narrative about what people want or don't want, then they need to explain discrepancies in their behavior when they don't align. Still awaiting an answer to my question.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Not saying it does. Just pointing out that he wouldn't try to help Conner if he didn't want the Steelers to improve without him. If talking heads are going to try to push a narrative about what people want or don't want, then they need to explain discrepancies in their behavior when they don't align. Still awaiting an answer to my question.
    Sending attaboy! texts seems to be a pretty passive form of helping/mentoring (as opposed to passing along what you saw by watching the coaches 22 on NFL Game Pass, working with someone on breaking off a route or reviewing blocking schemes - no indication those sorts of discussions are going on) - but maybe that's just me

James Conner said today on FS1 that Bell has been incredibly supportive this season, constantly reaching out to wish him well.

“Any time I do something good on the field, I always come back to the locker room to a text from him saying ‘good game’ or ‘nice move right there,’” Conner said. “Me and Le’Veon are super cool. He’s a great person. With him holding out, people are going to call him selfish, but that’s not the case at all. This is business, and that’s my guy.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...portive-texts/

But props to Conner for being more upbeat about Bell than members of the O-line.

Report: Le’Veon Bell may not show up in 2018 after learning new info

The NFL’s collective bargaining agreement is a complicated animal, and apparently even Le’Veon Bell is still learning the ins and outs of it. According to one report, a new piece of information the star running back learned about his own situation this week has him contemplating not reporting to the Pittsburgh Steelers at all in 2018.

A source told Mark Kaboly of The Athletic that Bell is not a lock to sign his franchise tender prior to the Nov. 13 deadline after he learned that it would still be considered the third time the Steelers use the franchise tag on him if they choose to go that route again this offseason. Teams can use the franchise tag on players up to three times, and it has been widely reported that this year will only count as one of those three if Bell reports and signs the tender.

read more

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...rmation/472038

I’ve been saying this for weeks. I could be the source!

in a pickup basketball game before signing his tag after the entire purpose for not reporting allegedly was to keep from being injured before the big payday
    Kind of a dick thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    Bell mentoring Conner.....that’s a good one. 🤪
    Actually Conner has said this himself and you can see some of the patience Bell had running the ball showing up in Conners run style that wasn’t there earlier in the season.

It’s not a bad thing if Bell encourages Conner...lol.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Actually Conner has said this himself and you can see some of the patience Bell had running the ball showing up in Conners run style that wasn’t there earlier in the season.

It’s not a bad thing if Bell encourages Conner...lol.
    I guess it depends on what you consider mentoring.
    Encouragement, pats on the back....well, I’ve received those myself and for me that doesn’t qualify as mentoring.
    Support from Bell, OK, I’ll buy that....but that’s different than mentoring.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

no no no no no, do you not get how this works?

A dick move would be saying you hope he blows out his knee in his first game back, or something else he has no control over (although that would still be ironic).

Having bad things happen as a result of the player's own stupidity is fine, because they are doing it to themselves. If I said I hope he gets a DUI - well, there's an easy way to avoid that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I am not wishing for an injury

I am saying that given what a cluster Bell's holdout has been it would be fitting that it ends with a screwed up resolution having nothing to do with what has been his day job

FWIW if you are working without a contract, playing pickup basketball with a bunch of athlete wannabes at the Bridgeville LA Fitness who might accidentally injure you because they want one of the Steelers to know they got game is not a best practice when you want to max out your health for 2019

Sorry you took it the wrong way but if you want to call me a dick about it I will get over it somehow

Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

I am not wishing for an injury

I am saying that given what a cluster Bell's holdout has been it would be fitting that it ends with a screwed up resolution

FWIW if you are working without a contract paying pickup basketball with a bunch of athlete wannabes at the Bridgeville LA Fitness who migt accidentally injure yiu to Bell they got game is not a best practice

Sorry you took it the wrong way but if you want to call me a dick about it I will get over it somehow
    Didn’t call you a dick but saying it would be a fitting end kinda comes across as you’d be happy that it would end with Bell getting injured and that’s a kinda of a dick thing to say. Especially around here with all the hate towards Bell. If that’s not what you meant, that’s fine (I’ll call you a dick, but not for this ) and you’re right...as much as a clusterfuck the Bell situation has been, it wouldn’t be surprising if that happened. If that was really Bell...