Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Plenty of matchups there on CBs and safeties. Imagine splitting Bell and Conner wide and then bringing Conner back into the backfield to run...

:drool:
    It needs creativity to make it work .... can Fitchner be creative enough to make it work?

I do not know, but one thing is sure, if we read Ben's comments, he's also not sure that 2 RB at the same time can work ....

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    He spelled "Farewell" wrong.

Maybe he heard there was another hurricane coming Miami's way and he was just wishing the city good luck...…

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    He spelled "Farewell" wrong.
    and he went 2 a gud skool
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

If he is willing to pass up $8MM to stay healthy, it's hard to imagine he's going to come in and give it all he's got and risk injury now. I feel like if he does come back in we'll get a probowl game performance.. Hopefully I'm wrong and he's smart enough to realize that his stock is down and he needs a monster showing to get anything near what he wants.
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

In early afternoon Adam Schefter breathlessly was reporting on the "Fairwell Miami" tweet from Bell

At 6:30 he publishes this

"One source pointed out to ESPN that it "doesn't make any sense for [Bell] to play now. If he doesn't want to play for $14.5 million, why would he want to play for $5 million?" the source told ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ly-report-week

Ummm - maybe it makes sense to play for $5 million because he needs the money?

"One source" sounds to me like agent Bakari, who is finding out the Steelers are not budging on not paying Bell during any roster exemption period

Tick-tock, Tick-tock - at least the clock finally runs out on this nonsense next Tuesday

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    In early afternoon Adam Schefter breathlessly was reporting on the "Fairwell Miami" tweet from Bell

At 6:30 he publishes this

"One source pointed out to ESPN that it "doesn't make any sense for [Bell] to play now. If he doesn't want to play for $14.5 million, why would he want to play for $5 million?" the source told ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ly-report-week

Ummm - maybe it makes sense to play for $5 million because he needs the money?

"One source" sounds to me like agent Bakari, who is finding out the Steelers are not budging on not paying Bell during any roster exemption period

Tick-tock, Tick-tock - at least the clock finally runs out on this nonsense next Tuesday
    What about the nonsense coming this Tuesday ? Get out and vote people!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It needs creativity to make it work .... can Fitchner be creative enough to make it work?

I do not know, but one thing is sure, if we read Ben's comments, he's also not sure that 2 RB at the same time can work ....
    That we don’t know...Fichtner and Ben have added new things this season that have been successful, so I’d say there’s a better chance now then ever. As far as Ben’s comments, Ben has also been known to troll the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I will be happy to see him if he comes back. I have no doubt that he will be his normal professional self while he prepares and eventually plays, and he is another weapon in the arsenal. More weapons are a good thing, especially with the schedule we're facing.
    For a guy who's been suspended twice and sat out for over half a season, I don't get all of the "professional" sentiment.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Some need to realize we could have a HOF QB that can still sling it. Top 5 offense line in the league. Best RB Duo in the league and best WR Duo in the league. Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    For a guy who's been suspended twice and sat out for over half a season, I don't get all of the "professional" sentiment.
    No, he was young and stupid when it came to pot, but it seems he's learned. I don't hold that against him. As for sitting out half a season, that's business. The professional side is how he handles himself in the locker room and on the field, and I've never seen anything but his 110 percent regardless of the situation. That's professional. He's always come into camp or the team in shape. That's professional. Yes, he took four games to get his mind and body into game-shape, but that's not something you can do outside of literally being on the football field, and the business side of the game denied him that (that is, the business side became more important. it doesn't deny his professionalism when he's under contract).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Some need to realize we could have a HOF QB that can still sling it. Top 5 offense line in the league. Best RB Duo in the league and best WR Duo in the league. Bring it on!
    Not to mention a top 5 defense in points allowed over the last 4 games.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    The professional side is how he handles himself in the locker room and on the field, and I've never seen anything but his 110 percent regardless of the situation.
    ^ This is what I'm talkin' about. Once he's in the locker room, he's a workaholic.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    No, he was young and stupid when it came to pot, but it seems he's learned. I don't hold that against him. As for sitting out half a season, that's business. The professional side is how he handles himself in the locker room and on the field, and I've never seen anything but his 110 percent regardless of the situation. That's professional. He's always come into camp or the team in shape. That's professional. Yes, he took four games to get his mind and body into game-shape, but that's not something you can do outside of literally being on the football field, and the business side of the game denied him that (that is, the business side became more important. it doesn't deny his professionalism when he's under contract).
    All true about pre-2018 Bell, particularly about getting along in the locker room.

Pretty clear those relationships have changed based on what DeCastro and Tomlin have said the past few days.

If Bell returns everyone will make the best of it - it’s a business, just as it has been for those of us who had to deal with co-workers for who we had mutual disdain.

But if the situation has caused Bell to deal differently with his teammates in a less professional manner than he has in the past (the OL clearly was chapped about how he handled not reporting in September), consider the possibility it also has caused him to change his approach to this season as just something to get past rather than be all in on.

Dogging it might be one of the few ways to convince the Steelers he is not worth the hassle of possibly bringing him back under the transition tag in 2019.

Of course if a team really wants volunteers and not hostages why tag him?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Question to all of those who think Samuels is a better option than Bell...

Why not cut Bell and let him sign with the Taperiots?

Really. If Bell is so awful, why are we all so scared to just outright cut him??? #rhetorical

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Really. If Bell is so awful, why are we all so scared to just outright cut him??? #rhetorical
    Samuels is not a better option than Bell and I do not want Bell to be cut because that's what he wants.But I understand those who do not want to see Bell play another snap with the steelers, since they do not want the locker room to become toxic like at the end of the season of last year.

For the first time in a long time, we have not had a lot of drama in this locker room for at least a month ...Yes winning help, but last year, the steelers had drama almost every week despite our 13-3 season.I do not want to relive that again but it could happen, especially if Bell does not want to play a playoff game ...
    Last edited by polamalubeast; 11-06-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Cutting Bell is the dumbest thing that is being thrown out there. The Steelers are a Billion dollar company and Bell is an asset. He creates value for the company with his ability or his ability to acquire more players. Letting him go for nothing is bad business and we are talking about the Steelers and not the Browns (cutting Haden). If he becomes a distraction you bury him on the bottom of the depth chart and don’t give him a jersey on Sunday. Cutting him and getting nothing is bad business

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

He is not a better option than Samuels and I do not want Bell to be cut because that's what he wants.But I understand those who do not want to see Bell play another snap with the steelers, since they do not want the locker room to become toxic like at the end of the season of last year.

For the first time in a long time, we have not had a lot of drama in this locker room for at least a month ...Yes winning help, but last year, the steelers had drama almost every week despite our 13-3 season.I do not want to relive that again but it could happen, especially if Bell does not want to play a playoff game ...
    I stopped reading after the first part of the first sentence.

SMH

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Fairwell?

Well it's pretty clear he's not the smartest ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Fairwell?

Well it's pretty clear he's not the smartest ...
    Hollywood Henderson said Bradshaw was so dumb “he couldn’t spell ‘cat’ if you spotted him the c-a.”

Bradshaw’s response: “This isn’t nuclear physics, it’s a game. How smart do you have to be?”

https://newsinteractive.post-gazette...-of-an-insult/

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

right now Samuels is a better option , he is in football shape , he has been with the team , he has been practicing and like it or not he has done ok with the few reps he has gotten

Ridley is the man out when Bell becomes active

If you cut him .... there is no comp selection ...

keep him and you likely net a round 3 bonus pick ...
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

No one is cutting Bell. That's just bad football at this point.

Bell is either signing his tender and playing/sitting/not dressed or Bell is sitting the whole season out which means he can still be tagged by us.

I stopped reading after the first part of the first sentence.

SMH
    I wanted to say that Samuels is not a better option than Bell, I'm sorry for my huge mistake.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

So, is Bell's jetski coming up the Allegheny, Monongahela or the Ohio?

I hope he leaves the strippers where he found them.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    So, is Bell's jetski coming up the Allegheny, Monongahela or the Ohio?

I hope he leaves the strippers where he found them.

Depending on how much he spent in Miami, he may be coming via Greyhound.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Waiving a chance to get paid over $800K this week to stand on the sidelines at a college football game is a pretty pricey cost of admission (he could probably report and then go to Columbus since the Steelers have the weekend off)

Until the trade deadline passed I at least could provide a somewhat rational explanation why Bell would not report yet but still planned to report this season

Once that deadline passed, if he is going to report this season I have no clue how it makes sense to delay reporting

Any explanations will be appreciated

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Samuels is not a better option than Bell and I do not want Bell to be cut because that's what he wants.But I understand those who do not want to see Bell play another snap with the steelers, since they do not want the locker room to become toxic like at the end of the season of last year.

How do you know he wants to get cut?

He wants to be paid. Really, that’s all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

How do you know he wants to get cut?

He wants to be paid. Really, that’s all we know.
    Bell would have the chance to have his big contract more quickly if he is cut by the steelers and that's what he wants ...