Thread: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger laments short week after physical Ravens game

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger laments short week after physical Ravens game

Four days after what is annually one of their most physically demanding games of the season, the Pittsburgh Steelers will play again.

Like every NFL team, the Steelers have a Thursday night game on their schedule. Theirs falls Thursday at home against the Carolina Panthers. The Steelers have won four consecutive games, their most recent coming Sunday at AFC North rival Baltimore, 23-16.

“I’m sure the fans like (Thursday night games); they like seeing football as often as they can,” quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said on his weekly 93.7 FM radio show Monday morning. “Players? (Sighs) It’s like, ‘Oh here we go, short week, especially after a Baltimore game where you’re physically beat up.’

“I guess the only nice thing about it is you have the weekend off.”

read more

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...al-ravens-game

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger laments short week after physical Ravens game

He couldn’t be more wrong...I HATE Thursday Night games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He couldn’t be more wrong...I HATE Thursday Night games.
    Same here. I really hope the player union fights this on the next CBA.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

It's the same on both sides of the ball.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    It's the same on both sides of the ball.
    One team has to travel though.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    One team has to travel though.
    True 'dat. And it ain't us!
    We're all healthy, which is the best we can hope for. Gotta go out there and get it done.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

The only Thursday games I am good with are on Thanksgiving. All the rest can go away and the sooner the better.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    The only Thursday games I am good with are on Thanksgiving. All the rest can go away and the sooner the better.
    QFT

Agree.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I agree but I would add the Superbowl Champ hosting the season opener on Thursday so they can have prime time to themselves to celebrate with their fans. Both teams in that game are coming off preseason and traveling isn't a big deal like it is in the middle of the season.

After that week Thanksgiving only.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I agree but I would add the Superbowl Champ hosting the season opener on Thursday so they can have prime time to themselves to celebrate with their fans. Both teams in that game are coming off preseason and traveling isn't a big deal like it is in the middle of the season.

As long as we're throwing out suggestions (that nobody will ever see), we could throw in TNF games in weeks 5 through 13 limited to teams coming off the bye.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    As long as we're throwing out suggestions (that nobody will ever see), we could throw in TNF games in weeks 5 through 13 limited to teams coming off the bye.
    I am ok with starting the season off on Thursday night, but I don't see a reason to have any of these others. They need to vanish like a fart in the wind.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Give me TNF every week of the season. And go ahead and give me a 17th and 18th game too. There’s plenty of bad games on Sunday too. Am I supposed to feel bad for men making millions playing a kids game?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Give me TNF every week of the season. And go ahead and give me a 17th and 18th game too. There’s plenty of bad games on Sunday too. Am I supposed to feel bad for men making millions playing a kids game?

I don't like Thursday night games much. If the Steelers are playing, I have to stay up much later than I would like to see the game.

The other thing is that the quality of play has not been good for the most part. The games themselves have not been very good, and there are men trying to play another game of football when their bodies have not fully recovered from the Sunday game. If you have ever played, you know that the body needs more time to recover to be close to 100%. Most guys are just starting to feel better from all the bruising and muscle soreness.

It's not a matter of feeling sorry for them. They get paid a ton of money to play. To me it just influences the performance too much to give us a consistent product that I want to watch.

I also wish I lived on the west coast so the starting times of these games would make the experience much more enjoyable. I was in the Phoenix area a couple weeks ago, it always amazes me how early the games come on and how much more I enjoy being able to watch some football and still have the majority of the day left.

You're a lucky man.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post

This

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

LOL - every once in awhile the league office does something like that as if to say you think we cannot act any more cynically? Hold my beer.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    LOL - every once in awhile the league office does something like that as if to say you think we cannot act any more cynically? Hold my beer.
    I would be very upset if I would be a bears players or fan....