Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Le'Veon Bell appreciation thread

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Yep Zeke is very overrated and The Cowboys is a train wreck! Garrett needs to go! Anyhow as for Bell I welcome him back and the team will too. Again it's not like he raped your wife, killed your dog and set your house on fire.
    Keep Jason Garrett at Dallas and Marvin Lewis at Cincinnati.

No need to fire coaches every season that they are mediocre and laughable.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bell was a great example of not what to do in contract negotiations when you have a drug and injury history. He could have played out the contract in good faith and taken home the $ except he wanted the Rooney's to kiss his ring. Never going to happen. He is done in Pittsburgh.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Everybody keeps saying that "some team" is going to pay him what he wants. I didn't believe it in September and I certainly don't believe it now.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Thank You Le'veon!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Just win the damn superbowl. I dont care with who

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Everybody keeps saying that "some team" is going to pay him what he wants. I didn't believe it in September and I certainly don't believe it now.
    The amount of cap space teams like the Jets have in 2019 is jaw dropping. They have to pay someone. Why not Bell?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The amount of cap space teams like the Jets have in 2019 is jaw dropping. They have to pay someone. Why not Bell?

I agree.

I wouldn't pay him what he wants.

The Steelers won't pay him what he wants.

Most of the teams in the NFL won't pay him what he wants, but desperate teams that need to overpay free agents to come play for their shitty organizations are willing to do things that keep them as shitty organizations.

There is always an idiotic organization that gets fooled by an agent, is desperate to land an elite player, and ends up competing with themselves on a financial level to overpay that player to play for them.

I'm not convinced he's going to get $19 million a year with a huge portion of it guaranteed. I wouldn't do it. You wouldn't do it....but some teams aren't rational.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Jets and Raidahs have tons of cap space AND a need... plus, the latter has a coach who goes against the grain.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I agree.

I wouldn't pay him what he wants.

The Steelers won't pay him what he wants.

Most of the teams in the NFL won't pay him what he wants, but desperate teams that need to overpay free agents to come play for their shitty organizations are willing to do things that keep them as shitty organizations.

There is always an idiotic organization that gets fooled by an agent, is desperate to land an elite player, and ends up competing with themselves on a financial level to overpay that player to play for them.

I'm not convinced he's going to get $19 million a year with a huge portion of it guaranteed. I wouldn't do it. You wouldn't do it....but some teams aren't rational.

There is always a team wanting to “win March”. Many years, it has been Dan Snyder.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Jets and Raidahs have tons of cap space AND a need... plus, the latter has a coach who goes against the grain.
    The Raiders may not have as much of a need as many think though. Chris Warren III was tearing it up in preseason until he got injured. He looked like the real deal so they may not be so fast to empty the bank account on Bell...but then again, it is the Raiders we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yep - refusing to pay a 27 year old Khalil Mack but breaking the bank for a 27 year old Bell would be a Gruden move

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I heard a rumor that the ravens might be interressed, I do not know if it's credible, but I do not remember the last time the ravens signed a big free agent and I do not know if the ravens are going to have the cap space even if they release Flacco.

But any team that is not close to winning a super bowl like the jets, raiders, dolphins, etc. would be dumb to sign a 27 years old running back to a big contract.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I heard a rumor that the ravens might be interressed, I do not know if it's credible, but I do not remember the last time the ravens signed a big free agent and I do not know if the ravens are going to have the cap space even if they release Flacco.

But any team that is not close to winning a super bowl like the jets, raiders, dolphins, etc. would be dumb to sign a 27 years old running back to a big contract.
    Ravens are headed for a teardown if they do not make the playoffs (and maybe even if they do) - this was their all in year

I heard several times during Sunday's game/post-game the Ravens are the oldest team in the league

Throwing $$$ at Bell would not seem to be the cornerstone for a multi-year rebuild

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Ravens are headed for a teardown if they do not make the playoffs (and maybe even if they do) - this was their all in year

I heard several times during Sunday's game/post-game the Ravens are the oldest team in the league

Throwing $$$ at Bell would not seem to be the cornerstone for a multi-year rebuild
    I can't vouch for the accuracy of these stats but according to this, they were closer to the middle of the pack by final roster cutdowns, along with the Steelers.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-...-2018-edition/
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I can't vouch for the accuracy of these stats but according to this, they were closer to the middle of the pack by final roster cutdowns, along with the Steelers.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-...-2018-edition/
    We need to look at the average age to the starters, not every player on the roster.