Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 10: Carolina Panthers (TNF)

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 10: Carolina Panthers (TNF)

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    If we look at the best teams like the Chiefs, pats, Rams, Saints and even the steelers, panthers and chargers, each defense have flaws.The only thing that is important on defense is not to be one of the worst defense of the NFL (like the falcons early in the season or even us in the first 4 games) and make some stop on the 3rd down and red zone defense.

I agree that we must not sleep in the first quarter on offense like in some home game.
    The Chiefs, Rams, and Saints Defenses are below average to outright bad.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I think the steelers are going to be a pass happy team against the panthers, since the steelers will not want to give too many touch to Conner on a short week .....
    Honestly I don't think they will stray from giving Conner his touches. To be honest I think his workload has been high, but not overly high. He's definitely getting less touches than Bell has in the past years. Since the Cleveland game (where I'll say he was overused), he hasn't rushed over 24 times. Maybe since it's a short week, he might deserve a 'veterans day off', even though he's just a 2nd year player? haha though I think it's safe to say he's earned the trust of the team.

Conner's success in the past 4 games is a huge reason why the Steelers have won the last 4, have to stick with what is working.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    You do realize what you just typed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I am pretty sure I do. Why? What did you read?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I am pretty sure I do. Why? What did you read?
    My bad, I misread your post. I thought you said they were feasting on weaker defenses ...

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Should be a good game and, it's a short week I like our chances. Contain Cam and, Olson get Conner going I think the Steelers win this one 34-24. Please don't let it come down to a kick.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

We have a few things going for us in this game:
    - Carolina scored 30+ points in 4 games, all of those were at home..
    - They're 1-2 on the road, and a short week is bad news for a team that doesn't play well on the road
    - Their defense allows 4.3 yards per rush, Tied for #15 in the league. James Conner can have another big day.

If the offense can continue its ways and force Carolina to play catch up, we can take this one pretty convincingly imo. If we score 30 we should have this in the bag. I just hope the defense can continue its upward climb.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I don't see our basic game plan changing just because it's a short week. If anything, I expect the opposite. Conner will get plenty of carries so long as we don't have to play catch up.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

TNF doesn’t allow for much gameplanning. It’s usually just “line up and play.” Ergo, this is the type of game that just by having superior talent the Steelers should win. As in: look for AB to have a “highlight reel” type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    TNF doesn’t allow for much gameplanning. It’s usually just “line up and play.” Ergo, this is the type of game that just by having superior talent the Steelers should win. As in: look for AB to have a “highlight reel” type of game.
    But the problem is that the offense of the panthers is unique and this is very hard to prepare against this offense

It's probably the only offense that plays like that because of Cam Newton .... It's going to be a challenge.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

But the problem is that the offense of the panthers is unique and this is very hard to prepare against this offense

It's probably the only offense that plays like that because of Cam Newton .... It's going to be a challenge.
    True... it cuts both ways.

That said, BB, AB, JuJu, Conner, and our O-line are all top-notch. I foresee the Panthers having (more) problems stopping is.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Which is why we're not going to alter the strategy. There's not enough time to properly prep for it. The best way to counter Cam Newton is to keep the ball out of his hands with a heavy dose of run.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

They can just play similar to what they had prepped for Jackson, keep contain on Cam.

Ben will run the show thursday like last year in our thursday night game vs Titans...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Injury report: Big Dan McCullers is out. I don't know who we'd use to back up Javon Hargrave.
    Marcus Gilbert is also out. Not a problem, since Matt Feiler has shown he's got it on lock down.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Limiting Olson and McCaffrey are my most worrysome parts of this game. I think Ben and the O can be fine, just dont want to give those 2 a big day.

Their fans are too nice, well compared to comments i usually see from Ravens or Bengals fans

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I hope Burnett is ready to go and knocked off the rust, he's going to need to stick with Olson.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

The best way to handle Newton is long clock burning drives each resulting in TDs. Resulting in not getting a good look at Cam, in return resulting in the fact we won't get a good look at how our defense has been improving with each game.Resulting in our defense getting to rest for say 46.18 minutes of the contest. I like it. So like 3 td drives of about 11.545 minutes win us the game.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Temps in high 30s with light wind and almost no chance of rain tonight

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/15241:4:US

Line opened at 5 now down to 3&1/2 ($$$ to road team Panthers as happened with line movement to Steelers against Ravens last week)

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds...8/time/2020#BT

If the Panthers blitz more than five times, they’ll lose. Most of Carolina’s blitzes are fire zones, meaning the coverage behind the blitz features three defenders deep and three underneath. Fire zones do not hold up if a quarterback extends the play—which Ben Roethlisberger, even at 36, still does as well as almost anyone. Score: Steelers 27, Panthers 21

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/07/pa...otball-week-10

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Let's see....things that the Steelers defense doesn't do well with:

1. Containing Mobile QBs
    2. Pass catching TEs who can get open down the hashes
    3. Pass catching RBs who can get out in space
    4. Big WR that can bully smaller CBs on deep routes

I'll just check some notes here about the Panthers...well crap. It seems they have all of those things.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    The best way to handle Newton is long clock burning drives each resulting in TDs. Resulting in not getting a good look at Cam, in return resulting in the fact we won't get a good look at how our defense has been improving with each game.Resulting in our defense getting to rest for say 46.18 minutes of the contest. I like it. So like 3 td drives of about 11.545 minutes win us the game.
    If Bud Dupree runs 10 yards up field on every play Newton is going to take his lane and kill us all night with his feet. The key to stopping Newton is containing him to the pocket and making him beat you with this arm. His accuracy is suspect. Also GANG tackle him. First guy wrap up then let help get him down.

That said, I expect Olsen to have a HUGE night like Kelce did against our defense.

He'll be killing us all night:

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I’m calling for a coming out party for James Washington!! Splash play!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

JuJu Night. Him matched up against Munnerlyn? Mid-match from heaven...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar