Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Balls and Goats vs. Ravens

Hybrid View

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Game Balls and Goats vs. Ravens

Great game today. The Steelers really controlled the game. They had to fight off the officials a bit today again, but they got it done.

Ben was excellent today. The OL was terrific. Conner was great and reliable again.

Defense was pretty solid today. Take away the PI calls and it was a solid effort.

Dobbs was incredible on that one play.

No goats today.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Game Balls and Goats vs. Ravens

Game ball to Dobbs, coming off the bench 3rd and long to JuJu. Play of the game imo.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Game ball to Dobbs, coming off the bench 3rd and long to JuJu. Play of the game imo.
    Apparently it is all because Josh Dobbs has a giant pair...

" And according toe Roethlisberger, it was Dobbs’ call to throw it, saying post-game that it was “awesome, can’t say enough about it. It was a run play that he checked to a pass and he was awesome”.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/11/jo...meo-vs-ravens/

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

That was such a huge moment in the game. That was very impressive in every way.

The coaching staff obviously had the confidence in him to throw from his own end zone. He stood in there with the rush coming, kept his eyes down field, and made a clutch throw with zero warmups.

All I can say is wow. That was huge on many levels, and tells you a lot about what the coaching staff thinks of him.

He won a bunch of new fans today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Apparently it is all because Josh Dobbs has a giant pair...

" And according toe Roethlisberger, it was Dobbs’ call to throw it, saying post-game that it was “awesome, can’t say enough about it. It was a run play that he checked to a pass and he was awesome”.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/11/jo...meo-vs-ravens/

I didn't see him sneak the wheelbarrow onto the field to carry them!

Wow! Good for him!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It was a team effort!

Bell's supporters on twitter have one less arguments ..... Yes, Conner can be good against good defense.Some said that Conner was only good against bad defense ....

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Best team performance all year imo. Game ball to Tomlin, way to get the team ready

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Whole team gets a Gameball.

Josh Dobbs is the play of the game and got his first taste of Steelers/Ravens action. Thrown into the fire. 4th Quarter. 2nd and 20. On the road, need a play, facing down the Ravens backed up. 22 yard strike to Juju that silences the crowd. Hell of an entrance to his NFL career.

Big time CLUTCH throw by the Dobber. This is why he beat out Landry Jones.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

James Conner of course.

I might buy my first jersey since my AB jersey that I got 6 years ago.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Game ball: Ben made some great plays. Connor did great again. Dobbs, first pass makes a huge 1st down conversion. Front 7 had some good pressure

Goats: refs, officiating was an embarrassment. As one sided as msnbc. Also defensive backs had too many bad plays

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The offensive line. The amount of time they provided in the passing game was absolutely unbelievable.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Dobbs saved the game. That poise he showed was the reason I liked him coming out of Tennessee
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Balls: the team and the coaches
    Goat: Boz, too many missed xp’s

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Game balls: O-line, Conner and the coaching staff (including HC Tomlin who I threw some rocks at in another thread yesterday)

Goats: Refs (not just the end of first half "TD"). Did not cost them today so no goat but does anyone trust Boz to make a kick to tie or win a game?

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Game balls- Tomlin and the whole team, they came to play today.

Goat- Boz, I mean WTF?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

My game ball goes to lil' JuJu. He sustained a lot of drives for us today.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    My game ball goes to lil' JuJu. He sustained a lot of drives for us today.
    Agreed - multiple big third down catches made up for a big drop in Ravens territory late in third half

Dan Fouts loves JuJu - has said on multiple broadcasts (including today) he plays like a 10 year vet

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Agreed - multiple big third down catches made up for a big drop in Ravens territory late in third half

Dan Fouts loves JuJu - has said on multiple broadcasts (including today) he plays like a 10 year vet
    Yeah, but Fouts is such a Steelers hater. Did you hear him defending the Weddle (helmet to helmet) hit? or questioning if Ben's knee was down on the TD? I liked Fouts as a player, but he is probably still bitter for all the abuse he took at the hands of the Steelers over the years.

Where are the gameballs for Butler, Tomlin and Danny Smith?? All I hear is its their fault when something goes wrong.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yeah, but Fouts is such a Steelers hater. Did you hear him defending the Weddle (helmet to helmet) hit? or questioning if Ben's knee was down on the TD? I liked Fouts as a player, but he is probably still bitter for all the abuse he took at the hands of the Steelers over the years.

Where are the gameballs for Butler, Tomlin and Danny Smith?? All I hear is its their fault when something goes wrong.
    Special Teams was a mess. Just a little less than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Game ball Dobbs
    Goat - Fouts for having to listen to that guy again. I pray this is his last year.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

You guys give game balls out like they grow on trees.NO game balls.!!!!!!!Just go back to work and get ready for Thursday night.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    You guys give game balls out like they grow on trees.NO game balls.!!!!!!!Just go back to work and get ready for Thursday night.
    https://youtu.be/3xutqq84sFc?t=24
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Not really.

The team went into a tough venue and got a team victory IMO.
    All of the units contributed; no one unit really hurt us.
    They pretty much made the Ravens a footnote going forward.
    I didn’t expect this win and the score was closer than the respective levels of play IMO.
    Multiple game balls were warranted or as I did one for the entire team and staff.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Game Balls: Ben, Conner, Dobbs

Goat: Special Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I also have to mention Matt Feiler. That's two top flite pass rushers that he's made irrelevant.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Gameballs: Ben, AV, Conner, Dobbs for that huge throw

Goats: Boswell on the missed PAT, just have to make those. Specially against the pats and saints, not to mention the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I also have to mention Matt Feiler. That's two top flite pass rushers that he's made irrelevant.
    Very good point Slashy....we haven’t heard his number called for holding ( I think).
    He’s done one hell of a job.

Terrell Suggs has only 0.5 sacks against the steelers in his last 9 games.

He was a steelers killer before his 9 games!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If I only have one game ball... Josh Dobbs. He was put in the most high-pressure situation imaginable: throwing from your own end-zone against the NFL’s top-rated defense with the Ravens having ALL of the momentum. That throw was ballsy... and his completion was the turning point of the game.

Gameball: who do we not give one to this game? Boz, of course. Anyone else?

I will say this, however, another one of those holding calls that would have been a sack goes to Dupree. The Steelers didn't take the holding this time because it was fourth down, but Dupree is beginning to make his presence felt a bit more. He had another play that I thought perhaps he was held on as well.