Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Balls and Goats vs. Ravens

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Game Balls and Goats vs. Ravens

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

If I had a second game ball... Le’Veon Bell. According to Dan Fouts, Bell had 107 yards rushing, plus 56 receiving. The Ravens has no answer for him, and the only times that the offense stalled was when the went away from Bell.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If I had a second game ball... Le’Veon Bell. According to Dan Fouts, Bell had 107 yards rushing, plus 56 receiving. The Ravens has no answer for him, and the only times that the offense stalled was when the went away from Bell.

Dan Fouts is often watching a different game than me.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Dan Fouts is often watching a different game than me.
    Hes covered like five Steelers games this season. You’d think he’d have more to talk about than cancer and Le’Veon Bell.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Offense: Dobbsy, Conner, Ben, Fieler (sp?), and the coaching staff for a nice balanced game plan.

Defense: Sean Davis (quietly have a great year), Dline for keeping the running game in check. And Butler, he did a nice job today too.

Goats: Boz, he is really struggling this year, hopefully, he can work this out before the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Hes covered like five Steelers games this season. You’d think he’d have more to talk about than cancer and Le’Veon Bell.

If I had a third game ball... JuJu. According to Mark Madden, JuJu has had to overcome an addiction to Fortnite, Twitter, and YouTube. It’s truly surprising that JuJu is even able to speak, let alone convert numerous crucial third-downs.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

JuJu is becoming a big time clutch WR. Even though he had a horrible drop before the half which potentially left points on the field he's been great.

I liked the fact they got the ball to Washington, get his confidence going. I feel like once he makes a big play(feel like one is brewing) he and Ben will start having belief in each other.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

How about a game ball for Mike Hilton. He is a little terror for the opposing offense

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    How about a game ball for Mike Hilton. He is a little terror for the opposing offense

He was all over the place today. He had a great game.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    A little hard to believe, but if true though that is quite impressive.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Anyone see him sniff out the play where Flacco attempted the pass to Lamar Jackson? the Ravens ran that play early in the game in the red zone and LJ was wide open but Flacco of course didn't see him. The Ravens called the play again and Hilton completely knew it which caused an incompletion. Those are the plays Troy Polamalu made every Sunday.

He's a star player.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Hilton definitely deserves one. I forgot him on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    A little hard to believe, but if true though that is quite impressive.
    Food for thought: He's probably going to be doing the heavy lifting for the next 3 weeks, perhaps more. He has the opportunity to break all sorts of records
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Anyone see him sniff out the play where Flacco attempted the pass to Lamar Jackson? the Ravens ran that play early in the game in the red zone and LJ was wide open but Flacco of course didn't see him. The Ravens called the play again and Hilton completely knew it which caused an incompletion. Those are the plays Troy Polamalu made every Sunday.

He's a star player.
    Hilton is probably the best play maker we have on D.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Gameball: everyone did great. Even thr secondary which I am hard on.

Goats: Unwarranted and inconsistent DEFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCES .

At this point im not surprised. Flacco made a career on his PI throw. I would like the officials to call some our way too

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Everyone giving Boz the goat, I can't really argue with you; you gotta make that kick. *BUT*...

I'm personally glad he missed it in this case. If we had 1 more point on Baltimore's penultimate drive, perhaps they don't bother with the 3 and go for the 1st down conversion. Perhaps they make it. That 1 point changed the complexion of the game and set us up in a good position to close it out.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

For two seasons now, every time that Mile Hilton has made a play, I text my bro-in-law the words: “Mike Hilton!!!” Today, I had texted his name so many times that I started to copy & paste his name.

Oh... and I tweeted out these words:
    “Mike Hilton is f*cking great. Not good, great.”

Now only if the Ravens can beat the Bungals in their next game. They have a 'bye' next week, beating Cincy would be huge for us.

Now only if the Ravens can beat the Bungals in their next game. They have a 'bye' next week, beating Cincy would be huge for us.
    And the Bengals are facing the 7-1 saints next week too!

And the Bengals are facing the 7-1 saints next week too!
    Lets hope the Steelers handle business vs Carolina, we can have complete control of the division.

In the last 5 games, our offensive line gave only 3 sacks and at least 2 of its sacks were a coverage sacks.

In the last 5 games, our offensive line gave only 3 sacks and at least 2 of its sacks were a coverage sacks.
    So damn good.

So damn good.
    and of course, our running game is on fire since week 5!

And one of those coverage sacks was intentional. Ben took that late sack on purpose today in order to keep the clock running. He could've thrown it away, but chose not to. Very heads- up play and also very ballsy for a guy with a busted finger.

Gameball: who do we not give one to this game? Boz, of course. Anyone else?

I will say this, however, another one of those holding calls that would have been a sack goes to Dupree. The Steelers didn't take the holding this time because it was fourth down, but Dupree is beginning to make his presence felt a bit more. He had another play that I thought perhaps he was held on as well.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

So they only give up dong sacks

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Agreed - multiple big third down catches made up for a big drop in Ravens territory late in third half

Dan Fouts loves JuJu - has said on multiple broadcasts (including today) he plays like a 10 year vet
    Game ball Dobbs
    Goat - Fouts for having to listen to that guy again. I pray this is his last year.