Thread: PFF Mock Draft 2.0

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

PFF Mock Draft 2.0

This should make Shoes happy.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...l-mock-draft-2

That said, I like to play the game where I look at the 32nd pick of a mock draft (i.e. where I expect the Steelers to be drafting), and judge the mock based on that pick. OLB, Montez Sweat, Mississippi St. ... sounds good to me!!!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: PFF Mock Draft 2.0

LB and CB are bigger needs than TE

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

TE is very low on the “needs list”. Behind LB, CB, LB, CB, OG, LB, CB, 3WR, LB, CB

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    TE is very low on the “needs list”. Behind LB, CB, LB, CB, OG, LB, CB, 3WR, LB, CB
    Keeping Ben loaded on offense is the number 1 priority imo.

This is why I was perfectly fine when we drafted JuJu & Washington.

While I have thought that a monster TE could be the final piece to making our offense unstoppable for years, I am not sure upgrading TE is much of a priority if our TE's continue to play at this level and are healthy going into next year.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Looking at Mack Wilson from Alabama.

He's in the Shazier mold. It's time to start drafting some tough Bama players.

- - - Updated - - -

TJ Edwards from Wisconsin seems to be impressive at ILB
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

DeAndre Baker was my guy. Then, he played really, really ridiculously good... and launched up draft boards.

(CB, Georgia)

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Right now, I'd say primary needs are inside linebacker and cornerback. Secondly needs include a #3 WR speed ( Washington can't separate or run good routes ), DL depth, OL interior depth, and a late pick on a Punter.

The best news is there should be some good ILB players on the board for us at pick # 32

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

good TE ... but we really do not need a TE ...

thus far the only ILB I would want they have going at 20 to the Bungles ( Devin White ) he is the only guy with the coverage ability that I have got my eyes on thus far ... lots to look at yet but have checked out a half dozen " top tier" ILB and White is the ONLY one I like at all the rest have been more VW than Shazier types or more Safety than Linebacker ... White gives you the sideline to sideline speed , coverage ability and can still Pop you and get after the passer ... he is a complete player

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Right now, I'd say primary needs are inside linebacker and cornerback. Secondly needs include a #3 WR speed ( Washington can't separate or run good routes ), DL depth, OL interior depth, and a late pick on a Punter.

The best news is there should be some good ILB players on the board for us at pick # 32
    I refuse to give up on a ROOKIE WR already , good lord its the most complex pos in the game to play outside of QB

Hines Ward rookie year 15 catches 246 yards

Antonio Brown rookie year 16 catches 167 yards

Lynn Swann rookie year 11 catches 208 yards

John Stallworth 16 catches 269 yards

Plaxico Burress 22 catches for 273

James Washington 7 catches 66 yards and still has time ..... seems right on coarse
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 11-17-2018 at 08:48 PM.
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    good TE ... but we really do not need a TE ...

thus far the only ILB I would want they have going at 20 to the Bungles ( Devin White ) he is the only guy with the coverage ability that I have got my eyes on thus far ... lots to look at yet but have checked out a half dozen " top tier" ILB and White is the ONLY one I like at all the rest have been more VW than Shazier types or more Safety than Linebacker ... White gives you the sideline to sideline speed , coverage ability and can still Pop you and get after the passer ... he is a complete player

- - - Updated - - -

I refuse to give up on a ROOKIE WR already , good lord its the most complex pos in the game to play outside of QB
    And Devin White will be gone by pick 12, the Steelers would need a big trade up to get him.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    And Devin White will be gone by pick 12, the Steelers would need a big trade up to get him.
    he probably will be .... but one can dream

CB vs. ILB

I understand the need for ILB. And, Devon White is flat-out amazing. That said, I feel more comfortable going into a game with Jon Bostic at ILB than I do going into a game with Burns/Sensabaugh at CB.

Ergo, give me Greedy Williams or DeAndre Baker.

OLB is an underrated need. Yes TJ Watt is having an impact and Bud is playing better this year, but what else do they have? Anthony Chickillo is mediocre at best and literally no one else is on the roster. Ola got some buzz, but is unproven. People keep talking about the need for a good backup WR, how about a good backup OLB to work into a rotation, especially if TJ Watt goes down.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    CB vs. ILB

I understand the need for ILB. And, Devon White is flat-out amazing. That said, I feel more comfortable going into a game with Jon Bostic at ILB than I do going into a game with Burns/Sensabaugh at CB.

Ergo, give me Greedy Williams or DeAndre Baker.
    Right? Also are there ILBs making a big impact right now? I'm not thinking of one. Any defense that is not getting torched weekly is doing it with pass rush and defensive backs.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    OLB is an underrated need. Yes TJ Watt is having an impact and Bud is playing better this year, but what else do they have? Anthony Chickillo is mediocre at best and literally no one else is on the roster. Ola got some buzz, but is unproven. People keep talking about the need for a good backup WR, how about a good backup OLB to work into a rotation, especially if TJ Watt goes down.
    1. CB
    2. ILB
    3. OLB
    4. else

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Right? Also are there ILBs making a big impact right now? I'm not thinking of one. Any defense that is not getting torched weekly is doing it with pass rush and defensive backs.
    Devon White can rush the passer too ...