Thread: Four Jaguars players reportedly tried to skip out on $64,000 bar tab

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Four Jaguars players reportedly tried to skip out on $64,000 bar tab

While the names of the four Jaguars players who were detained early Saturday (London time) after an incident at a London bar still haven’t been confirmed, more details are emerging.

Per multiple reports, the players allegedly tried to leave without paying a $64,000 bar tab..............

read more @ https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...64000-bar-tab/

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Four Jaguars players reportedly tried to skip out on $64,000 bar tab

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    While the names of the four Jaguars players who were detained early Saturday (London time) after an incident at a London bar still haven’t been confirmed, more details are emerging.

Per multiple reports, the players allegedly tried to leave without paying a $64,000 bar tab..............

read more @ https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...64000-bar-tab/
    LOL - the Jags are having quite the season

The four Jacksonville Jaguars players were arrested by cops at 4am.

Trouble flared after they were accused of trying to leave the London Reign Showclub without paying their tab yesterday.
    The players, who earn an average of £43,000 a week, squared up to bouncers outside the nightspot.
    A source said “It was the West End equivalent of King Kong meeting Godzilla.”...

They sank champagne, starting at £450 bottle, and vodka.

The source went on: “The total bill was in the region of £50,000 and some of the lads tried to leave the club but were prevented from doing so by security.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/75994...brawl-arrests/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Four Jaguars players reportedly tried to skip out on $64,000 bar tab

Probably shouldn’t have been playing today either...not that they helped...lol.

I’ve only heard that it was Barry Church and the DBs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Lol

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Jaguars clearly let last years success go to their head.

Jags are a laughing stock.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Remember when Marrone and Coughlin had these guys focused and more hungry then the arrogant and distracted Steelers?

Really wish we had fired more coaches.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Remember when Marrone and Coughlin had these guys focused and more hungry then the arrogant and distracted Steelers?

Really wish we had fired more coaches.
    Some were even saying that we should fire Tomlin and coax Coughlin away from the Jags to coach here.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Le'Veon Bell tweeting a second round with New England before the game? Yeah, that's pretty arrogant.

The Steelers Defense (minus Shazier) was a seive and Jacksonville was the perfect buzzsaw.

Some people were actually claiming Marrone was better than Tomlin this past offseason based off of ONE season from Marrone (no joking). Can't even keep his team functional for 2 seasons

And now, for the rest of the story...

Supposedly, the problem was that the bottles just kept showing up on the table without the guy ordering them. As such, they thought they were being comped (actually makes sense, big names draw a lot more people, so it makes sense to keep NFL football players on a one-weekend visit in your bar as long as possible). When the check came, they were shocked because all the bottles they never ordered were on the tab. So, they told management they weren't paying for the bottles because they weren't the ones ordering them. Management, of course, said they were. The dispute continued until the police were called.

Funny side-note, I had this happen to me in Istanbul Turkey. We didn't order anything, but drinks, peanuts, and so on showed up on our table. Then, they moved two young woman (and scantily dressed at that) to our table as well. That's when we said we're done and are leaving, and then they demanded we pay around $50.00 American, which we refused. We ended up paying around 10 (we did drink from the soda, and five bucks a soda isn't unheard of in places like that). But, they weren't letting us go. Finally, I had enough and bullrushed my way out past about four guys. The person with me somehow shot out of his chair onto the table and ran across it. We got out the front door and gumbooted 'er all the way back to the hotel, after taking a couple of detours of course in case someone was following.

Oh, did I fail to say I was on a mission trip? Yeah, that's the same trip where I almost caused a riot in a mosque. I still don't know why (I was following everything we were told to do, and had no other problems in any other mosques).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Jaguars clearly let last years success go to their head.
    Clearly. In the off-season, they were all talking and acting like they won a Super Bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    And now, for the rest of the story...

Supposedly, the problem was that the bottles just kept showing up on the table without the guy ordering them. As such, they thought they were being comped (actually makes sense, big names draw a lot more people, so it makes sense to keep NFL football players on a one-weekend visit in your bar as long as possible). When the check came, they were shocked because all the bottles they never ordered were on the tab. So, they told management they weren't paying for the bottles because they weren't the ones ordering them. Management, of course, said they were. The dispute continued until the police were called.

Funny side-note, I had this happen to me in Istanbul Turkey. We didn't order anything, but drinks, peanuts, and so on showed up on our table. Then, they moved two young woman (and scantily dressed at that) to our table as well. That's when we said we're done and are leaving, and then they demanded we pay around $50.00 American, which we refused. We ended up paying around 10 (we did drink from the soda, and five bucks a soda isn't unheard of in places like that). But, they weren't letting us go. Finally, I had enough and bullrushed my way out past about four guys. The person with me somehow shot out of his chair onto the table and ran across it. We got out the front door and gumbooted 'er all the way back to the hotel, after taking a couple of detours of course in case someone was following.

Oh, did I fail to say I was on a mission trip? Yeah, that's the same trip where I almost caused a riot in a mosque. I still don't know why (I was following everything we were told to do, and had no other problems in any other mosques).
    I tend to believe the players and pretty sure they were probably trying to take advantage of them.

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

I only have one question.... how the hell do you rack up a $64,000 bar tab in one night?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

We thought we had problems... why are guys out drinking the night before a game and why were they allowed to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    We thought we had problems... why are guys out drinking the night before a game and why were they allowed to play?
    Because it’s “free”...oh wait...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I would ask the same thing, but I guess it's no surprise that Jacksonville's season has been tanking. You'd think that during the season, you wouldn't be getting your party on especially the night before a game lol.

They were looking like possibly the best team in the league after they destroyed NE, then they must have let that get to their heads cause they've imploded since. With that said, the talent is still there, and I don't expect them to be an easy out when it's our turn to play them.

At 3-5 though I think their postseason hopes are pretty much shot. I don't see them finishing with a better record than us, cincy, or the chargers at this rate. They definitely aren't winning their division.