Thread: 2018 Trade Deadline Talk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

2018 Trade Deadline Talk

Things are starting to heat up in the trade world...yesterday, Amari Cooper from the Raiders to the Cowboys for a 2019 first-round pick. Today, Eli Apple from the Giants to the Saints for a 2019 fourth-round pick and a 2020 seventh-round pick in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline Talk

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Giving up 2 picks for Eli Apple? If I was a GM I wouldn't trade for Eli Apple if another team offered me two picks.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Giving up 2 picks for Eli Apple? If I was a GM I wouldn't trade for Eli Apple if another team offered me two picks.
    No chance he’s better on a better team? That Giants team is bad and the locker room is probably worse...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No chance he’s better on a better team? That Giants team is bad and the locker room is probably worse...
    Some players just plain suck and aren't worth giving up anything for. Steelers used the he might be better on a better team line of thinking to justify wasting a 6th round pick on Justin Gilbert, and he was utterly useless. Plus I was hearing that Apple was one of the worst eggs in the basket so for all we know he is part of the problem in the locker room. 2 draft picks for Eli Apple, including a 4th next year when the Saints were already without their 1st and 3rd? This was a terrible trade by the Saints

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Some players just plain suck and aren't worth giving up anything for. Steelers used the he might be better on a better team line of thinking to justify wasting a 6th round pick on Justin Gilbert, and he was utterly useless. Plus I was hearing that Apple was one of the worst eggs in the basket so for all we know he is part of the problem in the locker room. 2 draft picks for Eli Apple, including a 4th next year when the Saints were already without their 1st and 3rd? This was a terrible trade by the Saints
    Definitely think this is one you have to see play out before you can say it was a terrible one...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Apple was on Steelers radar, but the Giants got him first.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Burns for a 4th sounds good!!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Out here on the Left Coast, there are rumblings that Derek Carr is being shopped around.

So is Gareon Conley

As is Karl Joseph.

SUMMATION:
    I think that Chuckie would trade just about ANYBODY on his team.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Out here on the Left Coast, there are rumblings that Derek Carr is being shopped around.

So is Gareon Conley

As is Karl Joseph.

SUMMATION:
    I think that Chuckie would trade just about ANYBODY on his team.
    They are all McKenzie picks..... Injured projects and a scared little girl. Gruden will gut the roster of the McKenzie garbage. Unfortunately, that means the Raiders will be another 3 years before competing again... if ever.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    They are all McKenzie picks..... Injured projects and a scared little girl. Gruden will gut the roster of the McKenzie garbage. Unfortunately, that means the Raiders will be another 3 years before competing again... if ever.
    This ain't supposed to make me feel any better about their interest in Conley

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    That’s for Damon Harrison...