Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 8:Cleveland Browns(2-4-1)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 8:Cleveland Browns(2-4-1)

It might be tighter than we think, but we'll see....The only game that the browns were blowout was against the Chargers 2 weeks ago.

But if Roethlisberger is not a turnovers machine like in week 1, the steelers should win without much difficulty, unless our defense is atrocious.

And we still do not know who's going to be the playcaller on offense for the Browns against the Steelers .... it's gonna be Haley or Jackson.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Week 8:Cleveland Browns(2-4-1)

The Browns are a mere 13 points away from being 6-1.

The Browns are on the cusp.

But... unless the Steelers give up 6 turnovers (again), we should win this one.

The Browns offense is a mess...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Anything but a win is a disaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Browns offense is a mess...

It sounds like Haley is positioning himself for the head coaching job if Jackson is fired. If he has a good relationship with the franchise QB, ownership may see it as the direction to go....at least in the interim.

I'm not saying it is going to happen. I'm saying Haley may see it that way.

Of course he may just be the abrasive jerk many know him to be.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Haley would be a better coach than Jackson.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Cleveland shouldn't be taken lightly, but with that said, there should be no excuse for losing this one at home.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Cleveland has been unusually competitive this year so this should be close.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Should be a blowout win for the Steelers who should have put away the opener by the first half. Haley should be the Browns new HC, but I would almost throw this game to keep Jackson in there. Would do the same thing to keep Marvelous Marvin in Cincinnati.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    It sounds like Haley is positioning himself for the head coaching job if Jackson is fired. If he has a good relationship with the franchise QB, ownership may see it as the direction to go....at least in the interim.

I'm not saying it is going to happen. I'm saying Haley may see it that way.

Of course he may just be the abrasive jerk many know him to be.
    I think it could be both of those things.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

we have to win this one, if we lose it'll basically be like getting swept by the browns which is inexcusable. I don't care if they're not a cake walk anymore but this game better be a win.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Browns have done a lot of things right since Dorsey took over. But, they cut Carl Nassib (because they already had Myles Garrett). You could say that Nassib was the difference in the Browns’ loss this past Sunday.

Really. Imagine that defense with Nassib as part of their pass-rushing rotation.

If/when the Browns’ offense can do anything, they will be a legitimate playoff team.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Anything but a win is a disaster...
    Yep, really can't afford to drop another division game.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Browns have done a lot of things right since Dorsey took over. But, they cut Carl Nassib (because they already had Myles Garrett). You could say that Nassib was the difference in the Browns’ loss this past Sunday.

Really. Imagine that defense with Nassib as part of their pass-rushing rotation.

If/when the Browns’ offense can do anything, they will be a legitimate playoff team.
    Yeah that was a questionable move not only on field but off field the guy was a great locker room guy from what we saw on Hard Knocks.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Yeah that was a questionable move not only on field but off field the guy was a great locker room guy from what we saw on Hard Knocks.
    Browns fans think that Dorsey wants to build with only “his” guys. That said, Dorsey has kept a few other players that he didn’t draft... such as, Ogbah.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

This is great! Burns needs to not so much smile in the face of adversity, but grit his teeth and kick adversity in the ass. From reports, it appears that he has been letting adversity kick him around.

"make excuses, or make progress" is what Burns needs to do. Not sure if he is used to doing that, but I hope he can, as it would be a start in the right direction. Personally, I am hoping to see more Sutton, as I at least have faith in his technique and attitude over Burns.
    Last edited by Count Steeler; 10-26-2018 at 06:34 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Here we go again, 2 division games back to back and both are 'must' wins. Hopefully Tomlin will have the team prepared and 'pumped' for BOTH games....and NOT looking past Cleveland at the Ravens game. This is definitely win or die time. Score early and KEEP SCORING in both games....don't let up...put'em down and step on their necks since BOTH teams are capable of coming from behind and winning if the Steeler's start that conservative shit and playing not to lose crap.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Interesting bit of info: Ben practiced today.

Either he or the staff (possibly both) are taking this Browns game seriously after the bye.
    My humble opinion: The Browns really aren't very good in most aspects of the game. The only thing that has kept them in games this season is the turnovers. Take away the... uhh... takeaways (sorry) and they should be easy to beat. We can control that largely by being extra careful with how we secure the ball when running and where we choose to throw it.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Take away the... uhh... takeaways (sorry)
    Allow myself to introduce... myself.

—Austin Powers

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

First place, favored and we did not lose to the Browns the first game.

Ben has a hard time getting up for games like this.

The Browns are decent and while this could be a trap game, I think we win a close one.

Fingers crossed.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    First place, favored and we did not lose to the Browns the first game.

Ben has a hard time getting up for games like this.

The Browns are decent and while this could be a trap game, I think we win a close one.

Fingers crossed.
    Normally, I would agree. But this time we put extra effort into practice, have a clear understanding of the threat, and are healthy. I think we'll blow 'em out.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Normally, I would agree. But this time we put extra effort into practice, have a clear understanding of the threat, and are healthy. I think we'll blow 'em out.
    Hope you're right. Be nice to be on the right side of a blowout.

I’ll say it again: the Browns are on the cusp. Their defense is legit; Garrett created two of those turnovers in the last meeting. They are not to be taken lightly.

That said, Ben has a 90% winning percentage against the Browns.

NOTE: Ben was ahead of Brady in dominance of one team; before the tie game, Ben has a 91.7% winning percentage. Now, Ben has now dropped to 90% (flat) and Brady is at 90.3%.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

So, Tequila Todd is paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’ll say it again: the Browns are on the cusp. Their defense is legit; Garrett created two of those turnovers in the last meeting. They are not to be taken lightly.
    Teegre, I agree with all of this, but their offense is not legit. Their only realistic path to victory is through turnovers. We have the ability to minimize that risk.

Teegre, I agree with all of this, but their offense is not legit. Their only realistic path to victory is through turnovers. We have the ability to minimize that risk.
    True, true, and true.

Their offense is pretty bad. Their defense is keeping these games close/they are basically only scoring due to field position created by turnovers. And, the sloppy/WTF type of interceptions that Ben gave them in the last game can indeed be minimized.

But...

A good percentage of those turnovers are due to the Browns having a playmaking defense. Myles Garrett is causing a good number of errant throws, which that athletic secondary (specifically Denzel Ward) is adept at intercepting.

SUMMATION:
    The Browns offense is Browning it up. But, that Browns defense is as good as advertised. Ergo, if one plays “mistake-free” football, the Browns offense simply cannot keep pace.