Thread: Young QBs that don’t impress...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Young QBs that don’t impress...

There are lots of young QBs starting in the NFL at this time. Some you can see they have the goods, even if they have a poor game. Others look in over their head. I was struck with how truly bad Mitch Trubisky looked today. Other than his scrambling/running ability, he looks plain woeful. I would be mortified if I was a Bears fan and he had the keys to the car. Regardless of stats, which were bad, his accuracy on intermediate and long throws is dismal. There’s no touch on his ball, whatsoever.

What are your impressions from actually watching some of these young QBs?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Young QBs that don’t impress...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Trubisky isn’t great and I’m not really a fan of him but he’s not terrible...especially as of late...

1003 yards passing in three games with 11 TDS and 3 INTs. 181 yards rushing and a TD. Hardly terrible.

He’s still young but there are a lot of QBs out there that you could do worse with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Trubisky is Blake Bortles.

Darnold and Rosen will eventually figure it out and be really good.

Allen is a total wildcard. Has the ability to do just about anything but may not make good decisions.

Jackson is an incomplete.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Trubisky as Bottles is a good comparison. Although Bortles has somehow seemed to get worse over time.Trubisky still has some hope. Jackson, I feel, will be the flavor of the month for a couple few weeks and then fizzle out to your usual athletic QB.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I think Trubisky had been getting better the previous few weeks. Calling him terrible would be a stretch. Too early to write him off. At this point though, we can write off Marcus Mariota, he is a bad QB

Trubisky was not accurate yesterday ... It's early but he has no excuse that John Fox was handcuffing him last year, which was true.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I think Trubisky had been getting better the previous few weeks. Calling him terrible would be a stretch. Too early to write him off. At this point though, we can write off Marcus Mariota, he is a bad QB
    Yes. I’ve been saying this about Marilyn for a few weeks now. He’s not an NFL caliber QB. He’s awful.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Nah. Trubisky has been totally covered-up for by a coach who has been scheming like mad to limit what Trubisky has to do. Dude is just another amazing athlete that got put at QB. Has no instincts or decisive mental approach to the game at the NFL level. His accuracy is all over the place, he is slow to make decisions, and his footwork is just horrendous.

Trubisky is the kind of young QB who gets coaches fired. Because he makes 2-4 eye-popping plays a game. But the fundamental foundation to build from just isn't there.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Trubisky isn’t great and I’m not really a fan of him but he’s not terrible...especially as of late...

1003 yards passing in three games with 11 TDS and 3 INTs. 181 yards rushing and a TD. Hardly terrible.

He’s still young but there are a lot of QBs out there that you could do worse with.
    I thought the same thing by looking at his stats, until I watched him play. He doesn't have it. He's another Blake Bortles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Nah. Trubisky has been totally covered-up for by a coach who has been scheming like mad to limit what Trubisky has to do. Dude is just another amazing athlete that got put at QB. Has no instincts or decisive mental approach to the game at the NFL level. His accuracy is all over the place, he is slow to make decisions, and his footwork is just horrendous.

Trubisky is the kind of young QB who gets coaches fired. Because he makes 2-4 eye-popping plays a game. But the fundamental foundation to build from just isn't there.
    This x1000

Carr is another one who is digressing at a rapid pace.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Carr is another one who is digressing at a rapid pace.
    Yeah what's up with that?? Is Chuckie the QB killer?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah what's up with that?? Is Chuckie the QB killer?
    Carr has never been great outside of 2016....Last year he was awful.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Carr sucks. Very over rated. He's a pansy.... and plays like it. I can't wait to trade him. I hope he's the next to go.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Carr sucks. Very over rated. He's a pansy.... and plays like it. I can't wait to trade him. I hope he's the next to go.
    I recall he had issues with his teammates in 2017 - apparently those continue

Derek Carr has lost the confidence of his teammates, possibly because he cried

https://deadspin.com/report-derek-ca...1829932430/amp

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Yea, I don't know how true that article is, but I wouldn't say it couldn't be true. I've seen enough of the $25 million a year wonder boy. I love my Raiders, but I don't wear rose colored glasses.... and I call it the way I see it.

I knew damn well they weren't going to win much at all this year.... and Gruden would dismantle McKenzie's BS roster and start over. The single best thing that could/should happen is McKenzie is shown the door.......... sooner rather than later. I can't say Gruden will do better, but I've seen enough of Reggie and his terrible draft picks, also.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Broncos Chad Kelly is another young QB who does not impress

It's a very bizarre situation, perhaps involving Von Miller's Halloween party, if you're willing to connect the dots. And the circumstances are just weird: according to police documents, Kelly, apparently dressed as a cowboy, stumbled into someone's house, sat down on their couch, "mumbled incoherently" and then got hit with a vacuum tube a bunch.

Dak Prescott has regressed a lot since his rookie year too....