Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers fans a little too overconfident IMO

Junior Member Array title="[TB] adrian089 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Steelers fans a little too overconfident IMO

Hey guys I'm a Bucs fan, and while I think yall have a great team, I think you guys are gonna go down this weekend. The only thing that stands out about your victories over ours is the opponents you faced. It seems like the Steelers are having trouble finding the endzone. This trend will continue Sunday against our new and improved defense. Our receivers will beat your secondary repeatedly and we will win. Good luck Sunday but better luck next week.

P.S. Josh Freeman is the Bees Knees

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Steelers fans a little to overconfident IMO

SteelerSal

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Steelers fans a little too overconfident IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Considering our current QB situation, I'm not looking past anybody. I can very easily see this being a 6-3 kind of game as far as the final score goes. Looking at the schedule in the preseason, most of the "experts" had us going 1-3 at best through the first four weeks and had this game picked as the one we would win. Considering our history going back to the Cowher era, we generally struggle in and many times lose games we're "supposed" to win.

SteelerSal

adrian...welcome to SU.

K = Dean + Roy Array title="steeldevil is a jewel in the rough"> steeldevil's Avatar

Re: Steelers fans a little too overconfident IMO

I can't wait to see your receivers beat our secondary "repeatedly"....

Who are your receivers again?

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    lmao that was just too funny oohhhhhhhh man that was great!

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

SteelerSal

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    lmao that was just too funny oohhhhhhhh man that was great!
    I had to watch that a dozen times. LOL

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Quote Originally Posted by [TB] adrian089 View Post
    Hey guys I'm a Bucs fan, and while I think yall have a great team, I think you guys are gonna go down this weekend. The only thing that stands out about your victories over ours is the opponents you faced. It seems like the Steelers are having trouble finding the endzone. This trend will continue Sunday against our new and improved defense. Our receivers will beat your secondary repeatedly and we will win. Good luck Sunday but better luck next week.

So let me get this straight. You are holding on to hope by the strings of a second year QB and a rookie WR, and possibly that a beat up cadillac can run through a steel curtain?

The bucs defense has looked better the last two games, I don't the bucs offense can withstand the pressure that LeBeau and his band of brothers (which include a silverback and tazmanian devil) bring on game day.

I'm not impressed with our offense but they've done enough not to lose while our defense has been lights out. This will continue until Ben returns, that includes this Sunday at Heinz Field Tampa Bay.

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION

Junior Member Array title="[TB] adrian089 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Quote Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
    So let me get this straight. You are holding on to hope by the strings of a second year QB and a rookie WR, and possibly that a beat up cadillac can run through a steel curtain?

The bucs defense has looked better the last two games, I don't the bucs offense can withstand the pressure that LeBeau and his band of brothers (which include a silverback and tazmanian devil) bring on game day.

I'm not impressed with our offense but they've done enough not to lose while our defense has been lights out. This will continue until Ben returns, that includes this Sunday at Heinz Field Tampa Bay.
    I do believe Freeman and our passing game is getting better every game (no saying much considering our opponents but we did do better against carolina than we did cleveland.). I've given up on our run game and I know not much is going to happen with it against yall but we have been successful with setting up the PA pass. Our WR Mike Williams isn't our only threat, our other receivers can create plays too. I can see the game coming down to if yall can get to and contain Freeman which might be more difficult that most think because while our run game is poor our pass protection has surprisingly been pretty good.

I also think our receivers would put up some better numbers if we didn't try and fail to run the ball so much, but then again what are you gonna do when you have a 2nd year qb and trying not to turn the ball over.

That video was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldevil View Post
    I can't wait to see your receivers beat our secondary "repeatedly"....

Who are your receivers again?
    I don't know who your receivers are either. Holmes is gone, pretty sure Lima Sweed is gone, Ward is probly still there though.

We've got Mike Williams a so far impressive rookie, Sammie Straughter who was impressive last year, Kellen Winslow may as well count as one of our receivers, and a few others. I'm Still waiting for our 2nd 2nd rounder Arrelious Benn to get some play time to see if he's any good.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I do believe Freeman and our passing game is getting better every game (no saying much considering our opponents but we did do better against carolina than we did cleveland.). I've given up on our run game and I know not much is going to happen with it against yall but we have been successful with setting up the PA pass. Our WR Mike Williams isn't our only threat, our other receivers can create plays too. I can see the game coming down to if yall can get to and contain Freeman which might be more difficult that most think because while our run game is poor our pass protection has surprisingly been pretty good.

I also think our receivers would put up some better numbers if we didn't try and fail to run the ball so much, but then again what are you gonna do when you have a 2nd year qb and trying not to turn the ball over.

That video was hilarious.
    So you think a one-dimensional offense is going to be enough to get the job done? If you guys can't run the ball at all, you're going to have problems, because the Steelers' D will pressure Freeman all day and force turnovers. They shut down the Falcons' offense, held them to 9 points - same team that scored 41 on Sunday. I'm not going to sit here and guarantee wins or anything, because after last year, I've learned to never underestimate any opponent...but several of your fans think this is going to be a walk in the park for the Bucs. It's not. THAT I can guarantee.

member since day 1 Array title="7SteelGal43 is a name known to all"> 7SteelGal43's Avatar

....is the Bees Knees

who still says that ?!!!!!! This is for you....

Stay classy, leftnutz

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

I don't know who your receivers are either. Holmes is gone, pretty sure Lima Sweed is gone, Ward is probly still there though.
    They still have Ward, who is getting off to a pretty good start to another solid season. They also have a guy named Mike Wallace, who looks as if he's going to be better than Holmes. They have Randle El in the slot and rookie Antonio Brown who not only will be a threat in the passing game, but as you may have seen Sunday, is also a thread on KO returns. They also have one of the best TEs in the league in Heath Miller. So it's not like they don't have options in the passing game. They have plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    So you think a one-dimensional offense is going to be enough to get the job done? If you guys can't run the ball at all, you're going to have problems, because the Steelers' D will pressure Freeman all day and force turnovers. They shut down the Falcons' offense, held them to 9 points - same team that scored 41 on Sunday. I'm not going to sit here and guarantee wins or anything, because after last year, I've learned to never underestimate any opponent...but several of your fans think this is going to be a walk in the park for the Bucs. It's not. THAT I can guarantee.
    I just don't think Freeman is going to turn it over much with as much as we try to run it, I expected our defense to win the game for us, but fml I just found out our best safety is gone, hopefully some one steps up but it's not likely.

"Bucs S Tanard Jackson has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."

"Bucs S Tanard Jackson's suspension begins immediately. He is eligible for reinstatement Sept. 22, 2011."

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

I just don't think Freeman is going to turn it over much with as much as we try to run it, I expected our defense to win the game for us, but fml I just found out our best safety is gone, hopefully some one steps up but it's not likely.

"Bucs S Tanard Jackson has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."

"Bucs S Tanard Jackson's suspension begins immediately. He is eligible for reinstatement Sept. 22, 2011."
    You are not going to be able to run it. It is already a given that Freeman is going to be relied on to win the game with his arm and our Defense is going to pressure him like crazy, which could result in alot of turnovers.

Anything can happen i guess but Freeman is going to have to play one hell of a game against an extremely good D for the Bucs to have a chance.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Wow, that's a huge blow! I've always liked jackson, what happened there?
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Cadillac williams will be tapping out by the third quarter.
    All Defense!

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

The only thing that stands out about your victories over ours is the opponents you faced.
    And that, my friend, is the key. Let's keep things in perspective.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

All of us here along with many Steeler fans have been holding our breath each game to see who's going to throw the ball and what's going to happen. It sounds like you are the one underestimating your opponent. Although we have to keep Charlie from injuries, he is a vet who knows how to throw the ball and more than capable of making plays. All we have to do is put some points on the board, and keep you from getting as many. Something I think Troy P, Harrison, Woodley, Farrior, and Hampton are able to do. Freeman may be off to a good start, but keep in mind he hasn't played a defense like ours yet this year.

Cheers to good beer and a great game Sunday!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

You may not have noticed, but the teams we play are having a hard time finding the EZ.

AML

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Here's to a good and injury free game on Sunday.

I really think you and a lot of the other Bucs fans are underestimating the Steelers. While it is true we are going to have a guy behind center who should have retired or been made an assistant coach several years ago, if Mendy can get going and our OL gives Batch some time to throw a screen or a play action pass here and there to keep things honest - COUPLED - with the best D currently in the NFL - the Bucs are going to have their hands full. I honestly believe they are going to get to Freeman early and often and rattle his cage as they did with both Ryan, Young and Collins. I'm sure they all wish they had just stayed home and by the time Harrison, Woodley, Polamalu and Farrior are done with the "bees knees", he will have wished he had stayed home too.

If you watched the game or clips of our D's performances against two pretty good O's in the Falcs and Tites, you will understand our confidence in them.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Ok whatever

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    Here's to a good and injury free game on Sunday.

I really think you and a lot of the other Bucs fans are underestimating the Steelers. While it is true we are going to have a guy behind center who should have retired or been made an assistant coach several years ago, if Mendy can get going and our OL gives Batch some time to throw a screen or a play action pass here and there to keep things honest - COUPLED - with the best D currently in the NFL - the Bucs are going to have their hands full. I honestly believe they are going to get to Freeman early and often and rattle his cage as they did with both Ryan, Young and Collins. I'm sure they all wish they had just stayed home and by the time Harrison, Woodley, Polamalu and Farrior are done with the "bees knees", he will have wished he had stayed home too.

If you watched the game or clips of our D's performances against two pretty good O's in the Falcs and Tites, you will understand our confidence in them.
    For sure, it seems like more players are getting injured than ever now. Cody Grim is starting this weekend replacing Tanard Jackson. I hope he's at least better than Sabby Piscatelli or our secondary is in trouble this year. Tanard really fucked us.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Hey TB,
    The difference between us is we're 2-0 against playoff teams and you're 2-0 against special olympians.

Here's your reality check; Tampa Bay is not a serious team. You have no conceivable shot at making it out of the basement of your division, let alone a wildcard spot. This is a singularly bad time to go and get cocky. You're about to go up against a D that shut down ATL's vaunted air attack *and* "CJ2K". You haven't even read about the kind of things we're gonna do to you.

/shutout >

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Hey TB,
    The difference between us is we're 2-0 against playoff teams and you're 2-0 against special olympians.

Here's your reality check; Tampa Bay is not a serious team. You have no conceivable shot at making it out of the basement of your division, let alone a wildcard spot. This is a singularly bad time to go and get cocky.

/shutout >
    Any given Sunday, my friend. Any given Sunday.

Go Steelers!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

^ Always any given Sunday. I'm just hippin' this guy to the reality that TB is not the alpha dog in this matchup.
    How ironic is it that he's on our forum tellin' us *we're* "overconfident"?

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

It's going to be a good game coming up this weekend and we can never sleep on anybody. Our defense has shut down Chris Johnson, Vince Young, Matt Ryan, and Mike Turner and I don't see talent like that at all from the Bucs. We played two teams that our better than the teams you guys play. They have better talent than the teams you guys played. Get ready for some smash-mouth football because it's back.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    ^ Always any given Sunday. I'm just hippin' this guy to the reality that TB is not the alpha dog in this matchup.
    How ironic is it that he's on our forum tellin' us *we're* "overconfident"?
    What fun is watching football without a little trash talk.

Also we beat Carolina, they're in the basement of our division now. The worst team in our division has a habit of coming back the next year and being the best and we're on that track for the time being and it's up to yall to derail us. We're not the same team as we were last year. After the abomination of a season we had last year and how we've started this one, it's hard not to be at least a little cocky.

Call me crazy but I think ATL is a little overrated, maybe it's because I've got a natural hate for them like yall do for the Browns.

Also found a pretty interesting infographic on the evolution of NFL protective Gear. http://nflinjury.com/images/evolutio...ctive-gear.jpg

Sleepy time, I'll be back tomorrow.

The Princess' Daddy! Array title="stlrtruck will become famous soon enough"> stlrtruck's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

What fun is watching football without a little trash talk.

Also we beat Carolina, they're in the basement of our division now. The worst team in our division has a habit of coming back the next year and being the best and we're on that track for the time being and it's up to yall to derail us. We're not the same team as we were last year. After the abomination of a season we had last year and how we've started this one, it's hard not to be at least a little cocky.

Call me crazy but I think ATL is a little overrated, maybe it's because I've got a natural hate for them like yall do for the Browns.

Also found a pretty interesting infographic on the evolution of NFL protective Gear. http://nflinjury.com/images/evolutio...ctive-gear.jpg

Sleepy time, I'll be back tomorrow.
    While the teams you've beaten aren't playoff caliber teams (at least last year) the point is still that you're 2-0. Your offense has produced TDs while we have struggled inside the red zone.

I think offensively (overall) the bucs have the upperhand, but defensively the Steelers have the advantage. And as we all know, defense wins games. I look forward to a good game, and most likely it's going to be a 17-13 type game (Steelers on top).

Are you going to the game?

60 MINS, 53 MEN, 1 NATION
    STEELERS NATION